Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Nightmare Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Sb10 Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym 21o6g49

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym

+4
griffin★
Luck
Eduardo
buckthefuffalo
8 posters

Go down

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Empty Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym

Post by buckthefuffalo Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Hello, and welcome to part nine of Let's Play Pokemon Leaf Green, NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE! In the last episode, we chugged on through the S.S. Anne and got the HM Cut from the captain, and today we will battle Lieutenant Surge, the leader of Vermilion City's Gym. Will our good streak with gym leaders end, leaving us screwed over more than a cripple going down a set of stairs? Read on and find out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=190&filename=pokemonleafgreen01

Generic looking gym #3 go! You need to have the Cut HM if you want to get here, since a tree blocks the way, so make sure to teach that to one of your Pokemon before heading out.

Cut is a really bad move to have on your Pokemon, so I just got ol' Beedril (remember him?) out and taught it to him. I left Meowth behind because, even though it would mean I'd have both Gyarados and Fearow on my team, I knew that they would both be more helpful, since Meowth's attacks are really lackluster and it's probably outsped by the faster electric types anyway.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=6&filename=pokemonleafgreen02
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=98&filename=pokemonleafgreen03

So this is the basic setup of the gym. You've got these rows and columns of trash cans, and two will have a switch that opens the door leading to Surge (although it should be noted that one will not activate until you've turned on the first one). Also, when you find one switch, the other switch will be right next to it. It just takes some trial and error, but it's really nothing too bad.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Jenga
Kind of like a game of Jenga.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=831&filename=74602119166604817854100
Or Iranian Guess Who.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Chuckle2_o4hi_0kyn1
Or juggling on a unicycle while still managing to look like a pedophile.

Anyway, now to the actual Pokemon part of the gym.

TRAINERS (Vermilion Gym)
Sailor Dwayne: Pikachu x2
Engineer Baily: Voltorb, Magnemite
Gentleman Tucker: Pikachu

The main thing you'll need to watch out for is keeping Pikachu from setting up Double Teams. It can really put a dent in your team and strategy if you keep missing. Other than that, nothing too tough. Voltorb does have Screech, but it doesn't really matter since Magnemite doesn't have any harmful physical attacks.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=36&filename=pokemonleafgreen04

We get the doors down after playing Jenga, Iranian Guess Who, and riding a unicycle while juggling. Now all that's left is to face Lt. Surge himself.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=51&filename=pokemonleafgreen05l

But...I just wanna fight your Pokemon. It's almost as if this guy gives his Pokemon weap-

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Pikachu_with_a_super_scope_by_troyhoward

Oh fuck me.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=577&filename=pokemonleafgreen06h
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=6&filename=pokemonleafgreen07
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym 11732134301St7ca

What a badass.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=821&filename=pokemonleafgreen08

I didn't mean to make fun of you! Oh god no

Looks like I'm gonna have to fight for the right to use my legs.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=23&filename=pokemonleafgreen24

I start off using Charmeleon. He's basically the most rounded out Pokemon I have right now, and is also the highest level. Plus he takes neutral damage from electric type attacks.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=577&filename=pokemonleafgreen25
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=4&filename=pokemonleafgreen27
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=41&filename=pokemonleafgreen28

This one was easy. All I had to do was use Ember twice. All Voltorb managed to do was get off a Shock Wave, which never misses. Voltorb can also decrease your defense with Screech, so watch out for that since his other party members have physical attacks.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=856&filename=pokemonleafgreen29

I decide to keep Charmeleon in, knowing that Pikachu shouldn't be too hard to beat, and I also wanted to save my other party members for his last Pokemon.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=52&filename=pokemonleafgreen30
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=204&filename=pokemonleafgreen31

Epic hax? Epic hax.

Now all that's left is his Raichu, but I don't know if Charmeleon can take its hits while still being able to dish out a decent amount of damage.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=26&filename=pokemonleafgreen32

So I decide to switch in Gyarados :3

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=690&filename=pokemonleafgreen33

....But then I switch out to Weepinbell. I just wanted to get Gyarados out for Intimidate so that Raichu's physical attacks wouldn't really be a threat. Its special attack power should be noted, however. A resistant hit on Weepinbell from Shock Wave wiped out nearly a third of its HP. That's pretty darn powerful.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=832&filename=pokemonleafgreen34

It gets off a T-Wave. Luckily I get to move and use Sleep Powder to buy me some time.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=560&filename=pokemonleafgreen35
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=339&filename=pokemonleafgreen36
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=830&filename=pokemonleafgreen37t

I heal Weepinbell's paralysis while I can, and then proceed to use Growth, since Vine Whip won't do much on its own. I manage to get +2 before Raichu wakes up and uses Double Team. Yes, his Raichu has DOUBLE TEAM. This is where the main frustration in this gym arises. Basically he'll set up Double Team a few times, paralyze your Pokemon, and use Shock Wave. It gets into a really annoying cycle of healing, attacking and missing, then healing again.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=855&filename=pokemonleafgreen38

After a few turns, I manage to get off Sleep Powder. However, I'm also paralyzed again, meaning I'm gonna have to heal once more.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=192&filename=pokemonleafgreen39

Or I could just decide "Fuck it" and attempt to start dealing some damage.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=220&filename=pokemonleafgreen40

Ouch. Crits are not fun. Now I've GOTTA heal.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=233&filename=pokemonleafgreen41
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=841&filename=pokemonleafgreen42i

He manages to get another Shock Wave and Double Team before I can hit him with Sleep Powder again. If I can't succeed this time, I could lose.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=820&filename=pokemonleafgreen43
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=854&filename=pokemonleafgreen44

After about 4 or so turns, I manage to get off the two Vine Whips I need to achieve victory.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=853&filename=pokemonleafgreen45

Also, lol at useless status condition

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=153&filename=pokemonleafgreen47
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=847&filename=pokemonleafgreen48r
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=16&filename=pokemonleafgreen49

The Thunder Badge almost makes sitting through the bad puns worth it. Almost.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=199&filename=pokemonleafgreen50

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Interdasting_RE_50_Weirdest_Things_You_Never_Knew_About_Sex-s685x567-142116-580

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=189&filename=pokemonleafgreen51

And we get the TM for Shock Wave. It's really not that bad right now, especially if you give it to a Pokemon that can get STAB from it.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Scaled.php?server=844&filename=pokemonleafgreen53

After narrowly escaping the loss of a team member, we trudge on outside the gym doors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As is standard for this LP, we'll end off here. This was really the first challenging gym battle for me, but luckily it ended without any of the team getting killed off. Just looking at battle screens isn't very interesting, so I tried to jazz this part up with some humor when I could.

Got any notes of things I missed, ideas, critique, or just feel like commenting? Post them here! I look forward to the feedback I receive from you guys, and it really motivates me to make more parts and put a lot of effort into them. So for Arceus' sake, comment!

Last edited by buckthefuffalo on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Empty Re: Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Nice pics, that Pikachu is a bad ass. You should get rid of Meowth and get like a umm. SNORLAX! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym Empty Re: Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 9: Vermilion Gym

Post by Eduardo Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:13 pm

I wanted so much to see Awakening dying. D:
I liked the Guess Who game, t'was pretty funny.
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:14 pm

xD I lol'd at the last pic and If i were in your shoes I probably would've lost that battle :u.
Luck
Luck
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by griffin★ Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Great job buck! Can't wait to see more XDD I love your commentaries x3
griffin★
griffin★
Dream
Dream

http://sweetcharm.net/forums

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:04 pm

LOL I love your comments Buck Very Happy.

random other thing. If you change the frame skip to 7 and run around, you GLIDE. Like a baws Very Happy.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:14 pm

Paynish. I was seriously like "Is Awakening going to die???"
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:56 pm

This was pretty funny, but i don't agree with the last picture. People should not make fun of other people with mental illnesses. The last picture shows a person with Down Syndrome, and i don't think he wants to get laughed at. How would you feel if you did something embarrassing and it got up on the internet with some stupid phrase and people start laughing at you? i hope the answer is no. However, these kids/adults with mental illnesses didn't choose to have it, they were born with it. And i bet they would go to extreme measures if there was a way to cure their illness.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic. On the Let's Play, it was good as always. I really laughed at the Iranian guess who. XD Anyway, keep up the good work!

Anubis
Anubis
Anubis
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:31 pm

As always, thanks for the comments guys.

Anubis wrote:This was pretty funny, but i don't agree with the last picture. People should not make fun of other people with mental illnesses. The last picture shows a person with Down Syndrome, and i don't think he wants to get laughed at. How would you feel if you did something embarrassing and it got up on the internet with some stupid phrase and people start laughing at you? i hope the answer is no. However, these kids/adults with mental illnesses didn't choose to have it, they were born with it. And i bet they would go to extreme measures if there was a way to cure their illness.

I'm sorry that you felt offended. Please keep in mind that absolutely 0% of anything expressed through the images is meant to be taken seriously. But if you feel it's in bad taste, that's fine. I'm very familiar with what you described, actually. I used to volunteer for an organization that helps kids with Down Syndrome. The ironic thing about what you said is that if you really see them, they're actually very happy people (unless they're throwing a tantrum or something).

So yeah, sorry if you thought the last pic was in poor taste. It's purely meant for comedic effect (we've all made a tard joke before, whether it was an actual joke or just making a gesture), and shouldn't be seen as attempting to offend others.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Lol. It's ok. I know they are happy, but that's only because they don't know of their disease. They feel they are normal people, only when they grow older do they realize that they are different. But anyway, thanks for the concern.(:

And, also i would like to drop this topic.

Anubis.
Anubis
Anubis
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:26 am

These must take ages

Jamie
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down