Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Nightmare Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Sb10 Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym 21o6g49

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym

4 posters

Go down

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Empty Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym

Post by buckthefuffalo Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:02 am

Hello, viewers, and welcome to part six of our Nuzlocke run of Pokemon Leaf Green! In the last part, we crossed the Nugget Bridge and met Bill, and today we will visit Cerulean Gym and battle the Water-type leader, Misty! How will things go? Will I lose beloved members of my team, or will I continue on my lucky streak and wipe the floor with her? Read on and find out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I actually didn't do any level grinding due to laziness except a level on Bellsprout since he's easy to level up, which means no Gyarados, so Misty is going to be hell. So yeah, just a heads-up.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=231&filename=pokemonleafgreen01

Here it is, the second gym that we'll be challenging in this run. I honestly never did like this gym, even in Yellow Version oddly enough. The leader's got some really tough Pokemon for this point in the game, and unless you plan ahead, you could lose.

TRAINERS (Cerulean Gym)
Swimmer Luis: Horsea, Shellder
Picnicker Diana: Goldeen

I open the door and most certainly do not walk the dinosaur.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=51&filename=pokemonleafgreen02

Sure baby Wink

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=808&filename=pokemonleafgreen03

Huh?

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=64&filename=pokemonleafgreen04p

OH GOD IT'S A MAN! For whatever reason, I actually thought it was a girl trainer when I was playing the game. Stupid hard-to-determine-the-gender-of overworld sprites.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=198&filename=pokemonleafgreen05f
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=200&filename=pokemonleafgreen06

Stupid women and their thinking that they're better than men. I show that bitch who's boss.

Anyway, I defeat both trainers in the gym fairly easily. Nothing special really. If you have a grass or electric type, you're pretty much good to go.

Now onto Misty!

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=851&filename=pokemonleafgreen08

In other words, she's like the eight year olds that you see in McDonald's that only put attack moves on their Pokemon and don't think about what they're doing. Good move, Pokemon League. Good move.

Something else interesting to point out: I couldn't get her to do it in this game, but she would typically buff up her Pokemon with X items, so what she says about using all out offense never made any sense to me. That's also something to watch out for, in case you're playing. But on with the battle!

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=221&filename=pokemonleafgreen09

I decide to send out Bellsprout first, obviously. Staryu isn't particularly great, but every extra bit of HP counts, so I still need to be careful. Plus, Bellsprout has the power of.....

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym TVLandLogo1

TV LAND! Now Staryu will have no choice but to fall asleep!

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Starfish_02_(paulshaffner)
Staryu approximately 45 seconds after watching Hot in Cleaveland.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=62&filename=pokemonleafgreen11

I still have one guaranteed turn before Staryu wakes up, so I decide to set up a little and go for Growth.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=713&filename=pokemonleafgreen12

Now die! Twisted Evil

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=3&filename=pokemonleafgreen13
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=88&filename=pokemonleafgreen14

Dude....not cool. Let's try that again.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=688&filename=pokemonleafgreen15

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Ffffuuuu

OH C'MON! If Misty uses a Super Potion again....

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=684&filename=pokemonleafgreen16
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=269&filename=pokemonleafgreen17

Finally. Thank you....bitch.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=191&filename=pokemonleafgreen18p

Alright! Couldn't have timed it better. I decide to drop Wrap for Stun Spore.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=825&filename=pokemonleafgreen20

Misty's Starmie is ridiculously fast at this point in the game, so I decide to keep Bellsprout in and use Stun Spore.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=824&filename=pokemonleafgreen21

Ouch. Like I said, Starmie is a monster. Swift hurts pretty bad. Bellsprout could die from another one if the random number generator for damage decides to screw with me. I had to think about what to do for a bit here.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=708&filename=pokemonleafgreen22

Oh wait, no I didn't, because I'VE GOT GYARADOS TO INTIMIDATE THAT BITCH. Yeah, I lied, I grinded for about half an hour to get Magikarp to evolve.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=829&filename=pokemonleafgreen23
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=204&filename=pokemonleafgreen24
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=543&filename=pokemonleafgreen25
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=684&filename=pokemonleafgreen26
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=808&filename=pokemonleafgreen27
Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=692&filename=pokemonleafgreen28

I basically just go on autopilot and carry out an unintentional paraflinch strategy. Starmie has Water Pulse, which can be a problem since it's pretty strong and can confuse you, UNLESS YOU'VE GOT A GYARADOS.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=543&filename=pokemonleafgreen30

I wish I could say something cool here, like "That's not the first time a woman has told me that", but I'd be lying.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=823&filename=pokemonleafgreen33

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym 9488371

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=194&filename=pokemonleafgreen35

And we get this nice little TM from her. It contains Water Pulse. I might use it, not sure though.

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Scaled.php?server=405&filename=pokemonleafgreen37
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's it for part six! Like I've said, I would prefer to keep the gyms in their own part for organization purposes. I feel that this wasn't a bad part really, what with the twist and all. In the next part we'll start heading towards Vermilion city, where yet another gym awaits!

Got any notes of things I missed, ideas, critique, or just feel like commenting? Post them here! I look forward to the feedback I receive from you guys, and it really motivates me to make more parts and put a lot of effort into them. So for Arceus' sake, comment!
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Empty Re: Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym

Post by Eduardo Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:32 am

Lol Buck, this was pretty funny. Another awesome made job. Congratulations. I'm curious to see you raging at the dark Cave leading to Lavender.
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym Empty Re: Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke Let's Play! Part 6: Cerulean Gym

Post by Luck Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:20 pm

LOL I laughed for a good 40 seconds at the Lumberjack AND the sleeping starfish XD good stuff man, good stuff.
Luck
Luck
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Danye West Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:39 pm

I lol'd for the whole time I read this. Anyway great job i'l be looking forward to the next part.
Danye West
Danye West
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down