Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) Nightmare Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) Sb10 Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) 21o6g49

Mono-Poison (and no hate :D)

+2
Anubis
Lynjabear
6 posters

Go down

Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) Empty Mono-Poison (and no hate :D)

Post by Lynjabear Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Alright, here is my mono-poison RMT. It is a mono, so of course, I have tons of weaknesses to psychic and ground and whatnot. Some of the pokemon are repeated from other RMTs and have their original description, as I didn’t feel like retyping the whole description.

Changes made in bold.

Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) 1magma10

Mothra (Venomoth) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Butterfly Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Baton Pass

Mothra is a very good lead, and his main purpose is to incapacitate an opposing lead, Quiver Dance a few times, and then Baton Pass out. Sleep powder is the first move to use on this set. It has 75 base accuracy, a little shaky compared to the sleep powder of compound eyes butterfree, but unlike butterfree, venomoth can pass his boosts. I can usually get Quiver Dance 1-3 times, usually 1 or two, depending on whether Sleep powder hits first turn and if the opponent switches out after going to sleep. Even though Venomoth is not a special sweeper, Bug Buzz becomes extremely powerful after a Quiver Dance, and after two or three it isn’t bad at cleaning house. It is also conveniently supereffective against tyranitar, azelf, espeon and uxie. I usually baton pass to gengar or to Nidoking, depending on the switch in from the sleep or the lead I am facing as of then. Nidoking has the potential to sweep whole teams, and often does due to his monsterous power and coverage.

Shield Dust is the primary option here, as it prevents fake out from flinching, a very important thing for a focus sash lead like Buzzer. It also prevents scald, Body Slam jirachi, and all those Pokémon from hurting you with secondary effects. Tinted Lens is another option, however, because this only has one attacking move, and can do some damage against other Pokémon such as Aerodactyl, but is generally not as good as Shield Dust. I originally started with a 252 Spe/252 Hp/4 Def spread with leftovers, but I got 0hko’d by a whole host of moves anyways, and after I started using a focus sash, which is extremely useful on a lead such as this, I moved the defense EVs into special attack to kill Tyranitar.

Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) 1magma11

Panzer (Nidoking) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Encourage
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Panzer is true to his name – he hits hard, and is my favorite Pokémon on this RMT (Ren is a close second though) After an encourage boost and a life orb (1.69x, better than specs), he mows things down like there is no tomorrow. After he is passed a spA boost and some speed from Venomoth, he kills quite a few Pokémon. His average amount of kills per game is about 3. One boost means that the opponent will lose one or two of their Pokémon, and three boosts is basically game over, as there is nothing that can survive the raw power of this other than Pokémon wearing focus sashes (Blissey takes over 50% always from this, and up to 65%, Immune to toxic, easy 2hko). Earth Power has great OU coverage, and Ice Beam and Thunderbolt give him the Beambolt coverage. Flamethrower hits Ferrothorn and Scizor both. It hits almost anything that can be hit super effectively for super effective damage. I go for Timid because of his disappointingly average speed when he does not get the boost from Buzzer.

My main problem with Panzer is his poor defenses. For example, choice band scizor gives me 70% damage from bullet punch, and his ground typing unfortunately makes him weak to aqua jet and ice shard. Life Orb is important because it gives him a 1.3 boost to everything with the ability to change moves. Panzer is able to 0hko multiscale nite at +1 with ice team, and can 0hko gliscor with ice beam with light screen on the field.

Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) 1magma12

Jelly (Tentacruel) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Boil Over
- Protect

Jelly’s main purpose is to set toxic spikes on the field and to then stall the opponent out. Jelly also provides rapid spin support. Jelly’s done alright in this RMT, but is the only one in this RMT that does not often score Kos. Even though Boil Over (scald in the fully translated versions) only has 80 base power and conflicts with the toxic spikes, in my own personal opinion, the incurred burns have been useful. Unfortunetely, jelly is often setup bait, making me wish for a phazing ability. I’ve never been truly fond of Jelly’s defensive nature (as I’m a decidedly offensive player) or appearance, so Jelly is a pokemon that I feel could be improved as well. On this set, I use Liquid Ooze to surprise leech seeders and drain punchers, as though I often combat rain teams, I’m not always in the rain, and liquid ooze helps defeat ferrothorn very well.

Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) 1magma13

Syle (Skuntank) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Explosion
- Crunch

Syle’s main purpose here is to prevent my entire team from being swept by a choice scarf latios/ any other psychic type. In all honesty, the only move I really use is sucker punch, so I sometimes feel like slapping on a choice band. Explosion has had an enormus nerf going into gen 5, but it still has 250 base power and the ability to get out on pokemon using Syle as setup. Poison Jab is never used, so I’m thinking about substituting it for pursuit to catch fleeing psychics that I often come in, such as espeon and latios. Pursuit is to kill blissey and fleeing psychics, and is useful as most of my team does not like the above mentioned pokemon. The aftermath ability has been extremely useful this far, taking out a forth of the opponent’s health. Because of my dedicated toxic spiking, this Sucker Punch, aftermath, and poison often take out large amounts of health. Crunch has only been used once against a Deoxys-D, so I’m thinking of taking this out or poison jab for pursuit as well. Toxic could be used as well here, but Syle’s whole point is to not stall and to go out with a bang.

Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) 1magma14

Willa (Gengar) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

I love gengar. With a life orb attached, Willa can rip holes through teams. Something extremely useful is that with only two moves, gengar has perfect coverage over the entire metagame. This allows for another option in the last spot. Most sets for gengar include substitute, which is crucial for gengar’s success due to its paper defenses. I opted for desiny bond in the last spot instead of the common pain split not only to diffrentiate myself from smogon, but also because I like the additional way to take another pokemon with me. It helps against slow pokemon who have stated up beyond belief (+6/+6 bulky stat up sweepers) such as max stat suicune, ranurutsu and one time, a nastly lileep. I’ve also gotten some early game sweeps once the opponent was foolish enough to let Willa get behind a substitute.

Even though I don’t have pain split to help stall out blissey, or focus punch to kill blissey outright I’ve never truly had blissey problems. My other pokemon have actually always managed to kill blissey before willa has to deal with it. Also, gengar isn’t affected by both seismic toss and toxic, meaning that I can hop behind a sub to avoid paralysis and then proceed from there.

Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) 1magma16

Hoss (Qwilfish) (M) @ Balloon
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Destiny Bond/Explosion
- Poison Jab

OMG RUN ITS A QWILFISH! Well, in this gen, not really. I originally stuck qwilfish in to serve as a last resort excadrill counter, with balloon attached of course. Because nearly every other team runs excadrill on a sand team, and this is mono-poison, dedicating a team slot for the sole purpose of whacking moles actually isn't a bad investment. Usually, if gengar went down (gengar can survive 1 rock slide if not flinched max and has 70% chance of killing with focus blast because of accuracy) excadrill would kill my entire team. Usually, I'd either have to pass enough speed to nidoking to kill it, or die. Intimidate makes qwilfish able to survive a few physical shots, and will good switching (and good prediction), can weaken a physical attacker immensely. Qwilfish functions on non-sand teams as a suicide spiker, using spikes as much as possible and then using the correct move to do as much damage as possible before going out. Waterfall is STAB of choice and is handily 2x effective on excadrill, 0hkoing over 75% of the time with adamant nature. With life orb recoil, its autokill, and otherwise, I finish off with sucker punch from skunktank. Poison jab does well to eliminate breloom and other grass types, and destiny bond and explosion are the two suicide moves. Explosion would have been move on choice, but with the massive nerf this gen and common pokemon like ferro resisting both STABs, destiny bond is often the way to go.

FORMER MEMBERS -

Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) 1magma15

Radar (Crobat) (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Acrobat
- Roost
- U-turn/Cross Poison

Original description -

Yay! Novelty set! This set uses curse to act as a pseudo bulk up, then white herb to negate the speed loss, and then use the white herb loss to activate acrobat. I originally threw this onto the team as an early throwaway gimmick, but amazingly enough, crobat actually pulled its own weight and scored its fair share of KOs. This also might be just because crobat in itself is useful. Admittedly, I’ve missed the instant power of brave bird at some point, but crobat’s actually pretty powerful at plus one. Also, crobat gets pretty bulky after a curse, allowing roost to be usable enough. Unfortunetely, crobat can only really activate this one because of the speed drop, but the speed drop actually allows crobat to beat ferrothorn one on one. After 1 curse ,(+1def, -0Spe) ferrothorn’s gyro ball does about 44% damage, and after another, it does even less. (the speed drop helps!) Even though in the long term, the second speed drop puts it behind most of the metagame, it’s clearly enough to outspeed and kill ferrothorn, which is an easy 2hko at +2.

Reason for cut -

I found that this gimmicky set wasn't doing enough damage in the battles I fought, and usually didn't get too many KOs per round. Also, it didn't stop Excadrill from walking right over my team at all, becase of its rock weakness.

Last edited by EpicNinjaBear on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Mono-Poison (and no hate :D) Empty Re: Mono-Poison (and no hate :D)

Post by Anubis Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:19 pm

wow nice team. ^-^ May i try it? Very Happy
Anubis
Anubis
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:47 pm

sure, any advice on how to make it better, though?
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:37 am

Mono-Poison, interesting. I haven't seen a mono-poison team since 4th gen. This one looks interesting enough, may I give it a try sometime?
Luck
Luck
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Lol, sure, if an RMT's up for the public, then usage is generally allowed, lol

Any advice?
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Danye West Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:00 pm

I think it's a pretty great team. I like your crobat I may try it. Anywho swap out Life orb on Gengar for Lefties. Wanna know why? You use subsitute, you need that lefties recovery to set up more. Other wise you only have 4 subs, and a couple of attacks after that.
Danye West
Danye West
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:10 pm

I'll try substituting for leftovers, but with toxic spikes, and LO, focus blast does 94% and toxic kills tyranitar.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:20 pm

This team looks pretty nice, Gengar takes out Blissey and Chanseys which are a big threat to your team but then again you have Stuntank and Crobat. This team can easily sweep, well done Epic. ! Very Happy I love that Crobats set .

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Crobat's actually not that good, I'm considering a replacement for it... It never seems to kill more than 1 poke, and i think I need something to stop excadrill from walking right over this team. Also, I replaced poison jab with pursuit to trap blisseys and fleeing psychics.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:05 pm

I made changes after a few rounds on PO.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:26 pm

I love it. You just happened to choose the 7 viable Poisons sans Toxicroak. I, too, say well done. We HAVE to battle sometime on PO.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by WINTERFRESH Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:15 pm

A quilfish, I have seen a sweep with one of those, I dont remember if it was that set tho, but it is un-stopable.
WINTERFRESH
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Lol, Toxicroak is way to overused, so I decided not to use it. Besides, I didn't like the 4x weakness to psychic because most of my pokemon are weak to it. Qwilfish isn't too good so far, and usually only gets 1 layer of spikes up on a non-SS team.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down