Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) Nightmare Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) Sb10 Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) 21o6g49

Mono Fire (Don't hate on it)

4 posters

Go down

Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) Empty Mono Fire (Don't hate on it)

Post by Lynjabear Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:45 pm

I know that fire is a pretty bad type to mono (not that many good pokemon, SR major weakness etc.) but this is a for-fun untested on shoddy team. I might actually try it out though.

The lead -

Houndoom (Nightmare)
@Focus Sash
-Fire Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Sucker Punch
-Hidden Power Grass

Naive, 252 SpA, 224 Spe, 32 Attack

This houndoom was designed by Smogon for UU, so I'm not sure if the exact EVs or nature should work for OU. Rash might work as well. Fire Blast is the main STAB and does terrific damage to metagross and makes a large dent in many pokemon coming off that 110 base SpA. Dark Pulse kills Azelf, and Sucker Punch is a very useful option of Azelfs with focus sash and has nice priority and attacking power. Hidden power is for those annoying swamperts.

Blaziken (Blaze)
@Expert Belt
-Agility
-Superpower/Low Kick
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power Electric/Hidden Power Ice
Rash, 252 SpA, 192 Attack, 64 Speed

Yet another set ripped straight off of UU Smogon. Blaze is the best bet I have against heatran, who pretty much kills my entire team with flash fire and kills blissey, who is a major pain due to the fact that most fire types are special attackers. Blaziken gets very fast and can sweep after the agility. Superpower is for reliability, and the attack drop isn't minded too much because this is primarily a special sweeper. Hp Electric has better coverage with the fire types listed and the ability to beat gyarados, which ressists all other moves on this set, but Blaziken won't mind the ability to beat dragonite.

Charizard (Demon)
@Petaya Berry
-Substitute
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Dance
-Hidden Power Electric/Rock/Ice
Modest, 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Def

This set is mine, taking nothing off of smogon whatsoever. This drew inspiration from subpetaya empoleon sets that I have seen to often. The extra EVs are stuck into defense so that you can switch into SR twice without dying. This charizard is alright with SR, as it gets it close to its boost. Substitute makes sure that you get down to the proper level, and fire blast is STAB along the way and a very nice attack to have in power. Dragon Dance scares away blissey and other special walls that think they have an easy way to switch and kill charizard, and also boosts charizard so practically nothing can outspeed it, bar ninjask. Hidden Power's type depends on what bothers you most. Electric has good coverage with fire, and allows for the death of some waters and gyarados, rock is for fellow fires and dragonite, though it will be less effective against flying types than fire blast once everything is set up. Ice to to Ohko dragonite, but has little other use.

Typlosion (Flare)
@Salac Berry/Liechi Berry
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Flare Blitz
-Overheat/Hidden Power/Endure/Earthquake/Fire Punch
Adamant/Jolly, 252 attack, 252 Spe, 4 Def
The only reason this might be useful is because of absolute surprise factor. No one ever uses physical Typlosion, a reason that you can surprise them. Come in on something you can force out (celebi?) and hope they switch in a special wall while you throw up a substitute. Focus punch the blissey or heatran, or practically anything else you can hit very hard, and Flare Bitz anything else to get into blaze range or activate Salac Berry. After that, Flare Blitz is suicide, but Typlosion's bad attack won't do much with many other moves, and fire types aren't known for survivability. The last slot kills trouble some pokemon. Overheat kills physical walls once the opponent figures out you aren't using choice scarf, and the special attack drop isn't noticed. In that case, change nature to Naughty or Naive. Hidden power is to kill some other threats, named already in the blaziken section as well as the charizard area. If you are using a special attack in the last slot, also move the defense EVs to SpA. Endure is to grab that salac berry boost if you really need to outspeed and kill the opponent, but its usually not worth the slot. Earthquake is to last ditch attack rock types once you have no substitute, and fire punch is a non-suicide way to reliably damage the opponent. The choice scarf version with Eruption works better than this, but this has the element of surprise, so I wrote it, and also for its novelty.

Ninetales (Phantom)
@Wide Lens
-Hypnosis
-Nasty Plot
-Energy Ball
-Fire Blast
Timid, 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Def

Phantom is my primary sweeper. Put something to sleep, and then nasty plot while the foe is asleep or switches. Energy ball kills water and rock types very well, and the added base power over hidden power makes it a better option over hp ice. Wide lens helps with the crucial first turn of putting the opponent to sleep, and then has the added effect of upping fire blast's accuracy. The only thing that stops this is choice scarf and faster pokemon that hit hard.

Heatran (Fatboy)
@Leftovers
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Substitute
-Explosion
Naive, 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Def

Before I even introduce the last member of my team, I would like to say that I hate heatrans. (please do not criticize me for what I am about to say) Heatrans are ugly, require no skill or prediction, and for this reason I don't use heatran on any other team but this one. The only reason I use it is because of its useful typing and the normalness to SR. I don't use stall teams, and playing offensively is simply more fun than defense. As a result, all of my teams are offensive. Substitute is useful when the opponent switches, and eases prediction. Fire Blast is simply massive in power. Earth Power has nice coverage, and explosion is to kill troublesome pokemon, hence the name Fatboy. (one of the atomic bombs dropped in WWII, and also, heatran to me looks fat)

Last Comments:

If you have seen this team, your primary question may be "Why isn't infernape here?" My answer is simple. After a traumatic childhood incident, I have fostered a bias, fear, and general animosity against all monkeys. I don't use them, period. Even though I see their uses and even though I got over my hatred of heatreans to use one, I will simply not use a monkey.

I am considering replacing either typloshion or heatran with a choice scarf moltres, because after charizard is dead, choice scarf flygon and dugtrio will run right over this team. Also, moltres packs quite a bit of power. I might consider using sunny day, but water isn't used too offensively in OU bar rain teams, which a mono-fire team stands no chance against anyways. Heatran also might receive a choice scarf. I might also want arcanine now that I think of it. Excellent power and good stats instead of surprise typlosion.

This team is untested on shoddy (or PL now), but I might give it a try to see how it works out competively. Again, I know about the lack of fire-type and how bad of a type it is to mono, but this is a for-fun team anyways.

Please rate!

(sorry about the lack of pictures, I couldn't figure out how to put them in)

--EpicninjaBear (DrewNightmare)

Last edited by EpicNinjaBear on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) Empty Re: Mono Fire (Don't hate on it)

Post by Frashu Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Nice team. Yea...That's it. Very Happy The name DrewNightmare feels vaguely familiar...(Not to the other Nightmare)
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bygbyrd25 Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:55 pm

I first note how well this post was put together, as everything was thoroughly explained. I also like mono types, and doing a mono fire with no wild card is a hard thing. I think you should give your heatran a scarf, tho. I undestand why you don't like using Heatran, and ScarfTran's are everywhere, but he would benefit your team a lot. He can switch in on SR plently of times (unlike Moltres) and with dragon pulse // fire blast // earth power // HP electric he can kill a lot of threats to your team. Starmie is the first that pops into my head, as it can out-speed and hydro pump your entire team.
bygbyrd25
bygbyrd25
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by nightmareforums Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:18 am

Nice team. You should try out for a fire gym team role here.
nightmareforums
nightmareforums
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Mono Fire (Don't hate on it) Empty :)

Post by Lynjabear Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Thanks for the advice and comments. I'll stick a scarf on heatran and see if I can do anything about starmie. I'm still not sure about keeping the typlosion set as it is and might give it the popular scarf version because of pure power.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:02 am

You could also equip an absorb bulb on a special attacker. That would totally be amazing(:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:04 pm

This was actually written in the D/P generation, so I don't think they exsisted then...
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down