Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Mountain Poison? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Mountain Poison? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Mountain Poison? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Mountain Poison? EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Mountain Poison? EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Mountain Poison? EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Mountain Poison? EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Mountain Poison? EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Mountain Poison? EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Mountain Poison? 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Mountain Poison? Nightmare Mountain Poison? Sb10 Mountain Poison? 21o6g49

Mountain Poison?

3 posters

Go down

Mountain Poison? Empty Mountain Poison?

Post by Aaron Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:52 pm

So I've had to do AP Composition work, and an article that I had to do a report on was whether or not Mountain Dew is bad for you. Not like soda bad for you. Like, negatively impact your sex life and your memory and shit. So post here as to what you think the deal is with all that Dew.

Apparently it reduces sperm count, your libido, can cause memory loss, can turn your skin blue, can help burn holes in your stomach, can put you into a coma, and can cause obesity.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Mountain Poison? Empty Re: Mountain Poison?

Post by Evan Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Ignore Obesity, that is a retarded statement in the first place. Any soda can do that.

Sperm Count thing is in constant doses, iirc. Like, 2 cans a day for a year.

Memory Loss is difficult to prove, so that may be a difficult thing to include as well.

Blue skin is lulz, never heard that before.

Burning holes in stomach is an... interesting statement, considering there's acid in it. Maybe an ulzer? Whatever it's called.

Putting you into a coma is a thing with any drink that's made to give energy through a drug. Monsters can have the same effect.

Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:35 pm

For you to have viable evidence, you're going to need to tie all those things to the ingredients in the soda, and reference studies which have found results that agree with your stance. Unfortunately I don't know anything about what's in it other than the standard for sodas.

It can definitely contribute to obesity though. Coma would probably be related to the sugar and caffeine content, which while high even when compared to other sodas, is probably not high enough to be coma-inducing as long as you don't drink an absurd amount. I've never heard about burning holes in your stomach. For that to happen there would probably have to be an extremely powerful acid in it since the stomach can handle its own acids fine without burning itself. I believe the stomach acids are around a 3 or 4 on the pH scale, while the acid in soda is closer to the 5-ish range I believe.

Sperm count seems more like an urban myth. I've heard it's a particular food coloring in the soda, but honestly if it's true, the actual decrease is probably insignificant and won't make you anywhere near sterile or have the effect of contraception. I've also heard caffeine has the same effect.

Skin turning blue is something I've never heard before, and quite honestly I don't know what to make of it.

I like to think of Mountain Dew as the energy drink of the soda world, except it gives you no energy that you can actually use well and is much less healthy for you.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down