Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. Nightmare The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. Sb10 The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. 21o6g49

The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story.

+4
Eduardo
Evan
Danye West
Qualna
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. Empty The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story.

Post by Qualna Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Current Status: In session.

I've decided to start an interactive story due to some open time and unlike my planned Nomad IS, it will not have some of the elements similar to the RP (I.E. the board map feature) and will be a simpler, more classical style. Unlike previous goals such as survival or elimination, the main purpose is to progress through your storyline as much as possible. (some instances WILL involve elimination elements, however) I won't get into details of the plot of this story or how the mechanics will work just yet, however I will select a certain amount of applicants that respond to this topic saying that they want to join and asking them a few questions that will lay out the basic framework of their storyline. All storylines of the selected applicants WILL intertwine. So if you want to join just reply to this topic or if you have my Skype feel free to contact me there. I will answer any questions regarding the game in a vague manner for sake of trying not to spoil it.

Last edited by Qualna on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

https://www.youtube.com/acheronpride

Back to top Go down

The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. Empty Re: The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story.

Post by Danye West Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:06 pm

Yo put me in.
Danye West
Danye West
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story. Empty Re: The Dreamscaped Frontier: An Interactive Story.

Post by Evan Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Add me slut.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:18 pm

I'm joining this.
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:53 am

I'm not sure exactly what game this is in, but I'll be in!
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:30 pm

I want in on this. Never been a part of an IS before.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by WINTERFRESH Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Sounds cool I want in :3
WINTERFRESH
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:43 pm

I guess I shall.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:21 am

Well seven people should be more than enough. Alright, before we begin it's recommended that you use Firefox as it is the most compatible with the embedding for the BGM's I will put in for the game. Got it? Let's start.

Welcome to the Dreamscaped Frontier, a dimension resembling the vast entity of space and the stars. This place is inhabited by souls that were never given the chance to be born in the realm of the living, they are known as the "Children of the Stars." Reigning over the frontier is the Goddess named Miose. Miose has granted a chosen seven Children of the Stars life in the living realm, on the condition that they define their own identity and never take their lives for granted. Already in the living realm are beings known as the "Black Angels," whose goal is to stop the Children from achieving their self-actualization by any means necessary (most of the time it's through murder). Do not fear, for you may seek companionship for your quest. Other beings exist that wander around the realm as spirits may accompany you on the way; they are called the "Nomads." Nomads were people that died and could not pass on for a great remorse or grief still lingered in their hearts. If you can right the wrongs that kept them from passing, you may perform a "Soul Communion," an ability that shares Miose' gift and welcomes the Nomad back into the living. As a result, their gratitude indebts them to accompany you to assist in fulfilling Miose' condition. Be warned that if a Nomad dies once more after a Soul Communion, they will fade from all existence. You can only have three Nomads with you at a time, and using Soul Communion consumes energy in which you can only commune once in a very long time, so choose your companions wisely. The greater the bond between you and the Nomads, the stronger their support will be. Likewise, it would only be all the more heartbreaking if you lose them. How the game will work will basically be the following: Each player takes a turn and is given decisions based on their current situation (or in some cases the chance to insert their own dialogue) in order to progress through the story. The decisions you will get are based on your character's personality. Obviously, foolish decisions may result in heavy consequences or even death, while wiser choices will be rewarded. Staying in character is an important aspect as well, as you are being consistent with your own identity. Be wary, as almost anything and everything can happen, so keep an open mind and expect the unexpected. In order to determine your character's base personality, Miose shall ask a set number of questions in the beginning of the game, and the order of turns shall be determined by the order in which each player responds. After all players respond, Miose will generate a unique dream sequence for each individual player, and in the sequence the players shall be tested on their morality and behavior. Afterwards, the seven Children of the Stars will finally be sent to the living realm as a person based on how they answered the questions, and based on how they acted in the dream sequence. Players are welcome to try to change their personality through their actions, however it would be best to avoid being too erratic. This isn't a competition, and the game only ends when all players have reached their goal or have died, so have fun. If you have any questions not answered by the introduction feel free to ask. When you are ready feel free to start at any time.

~~THE DREAMSCAPED FRONTIER~~

Miose: "Awaken, my children. The time as finally come to begin your journey. You may now reside amongst the living but I must first determine how you will live your life. In order to grasp your personality I will ask you a few questions. Don't think too deeply or too hard, just respond with complete honesty."

1. "What shall be your name in your life?"
2. "What would you say would be your most prominent trait?"
3. "What do you fear the most?"
4. "What is it that you desire the most above all else? (Other than life, of course)"
5. "Do you find the world despicable with all the vices of society? Or are you enticed by its natural beauty and acts of altruism?"
6. "What would you say is your greatest weakness?"
7. "What does it take to motivate you?"
8. "What irritates you?"
9. "What would you enjoy doing?"
10. "What would you say your overall motto is?"
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Here are my answers:

Enzan.

Intelligence.

Bugs.

4. "What is it that you desire the most above all else? (Other than life, of course)"
I desire to be able to protect the ones I hold near and dear.

5. "Do you find the world despicable with all the vices of society? Or are you enticed by its natural beauty and acts of altruism?"
Im more enticed by beauty and altruism.

I always give second chances, even to people who don't deserve...

The opportunity to learn new things.

8. "What irritates you?"
Self-centered people.

I would enjoy making friends.

"If it rusts, it can never be trusted. If its owner fails to control it, it will cut him. Yes, pride is like a blade"
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:01 pm

my answers -

Jenna. (my favorite character in Balto)

Intelligence (I'm not trying to copy you ed...)

Death.

my first answer, without thinking, would be food, but I'll go with feeling happy with my actions.

I like the world's natural beauty, (which is getting destroyed) but acts of altruism aren't as common as they should be...

In all honesty, overconfidence and a lack of focus. Both aren't too bad, but they are there.

Depends on subject, but generally making someone else (my father) proud of me and feeling like I'm a better person does.

8. "What irritates you?"
When people lie, make perverted jokes, and act as if humans (such as themselves) are better than other animals.

Completing my goals, playing flute, and going on Nightmare.

I don't have one yet, but I like to say you get what you pay for.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:43 pm

Desmond

Speaking capabilities (High vocabulary, able to persuade others through speech, etc.)

Publicly being made a fool of

Love

Much of the world and many of the people whom inhabit it are vile and disgusting. However, there are also those with kind hearts, and there's much to be said for the joys and beauty that can come from the world.

I'm not incredibly assertive or pushy about the things I believe.

Any end result/reward that will benefit me or those I care about directly (money, love, good self-esteem or image, etc.). People being in great need is another major motivation.

8. "What irritates you?"

Illogical/stubborn people.

When I grow up? Some sort of medical research, like pathology. As for things not relating to a profession, there's always spending time with friends or in solitude, thinking.

Don't bother with those too blind to appreciate you for who you are.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Danye West Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:55 pm

My answers-
Enrique Alberto Fernando Ricardo Rodiguez III.

Dexterity

3."What do you fear the most?"
Not getting what you where aiming for

4."What is it that you desire the most above all else? (Other than life, of course)"
Money

5."Do you find the world despicable with all the vices of society? Or are you enticed by its natural beauty and acts of altruism?"
Despicable with all the vices of society. However there are some who have good hearts.

6."What would you say is your greatest weakness?"
Overconfidence

7."What does it take to motivate you?"
A reward

8."What irritates you?"
Crowded places and Loud noises

9."What would you enjoy doing?"
Practicing to become better. (At anything)

Never let your guard down
Danye West
Danye West
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Afetto.

Intellect

3."What do you fear the most?"

Misscalculations.

4."What is it that you desire the most above all else? (Other than life, of course)"

Perfection.

5."Do you find the world despicable with all the vices of society? Or are you enticed by its natural beauty and acts of altruism?"

I'm mixed. Some people just don't think enough to make sense in decisions.

6."What would you say is your greatest weakness?"

What weakness? Heheheh.. (Being too full of myself)

7."What does it take to motivate you?"

Personal gain.

8."What irritates you?"

Stupidity.

9."What would you enjoy doing?"

Training to be better at anything I can.

"No you do it like this dammit..."
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:55 am

If I don't get a response from Evan and Winterfresh tomorrow, I shall drop them from the game. That is all.
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by WINTERFRESH Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:11 am

Sorry for the late post :C

1. Sansu

2. Strength

3. Silence

4. The title of a saint wizard

5. Enticed by beauty

6. Losing in anyway

7. The strength your friends give you

8. People talking behind other peoples back

9. Fighting

10. ''Fight with the strength your friends give you and no enemy can beat you''
WINTERFRESH
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:33 pm

I had internet issues. Apologies.

Luna

Wit

Failure

To tap into people's dreams.

Most people are vile, and the scum of the earth. Very few are kind and caring.

Lack of focus.

A reward, a consequence, anything to drive me.

8. "What irritates you?"

Ignorant people.

Masturbating. I MEAN playing cards, relaxing.

For one to let something happen once is a lapse in judgement. For one to let something happen twice is ignorance.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:36 am

Miose: "My... It seems the majority of you are either optimistically naive... or cynically selfish. And it appears ignorance annoys the lot of you, I'm starting to question if sending you into the world is the right thing to expose you to. No matter, I shall see how capable each and every one of you are in due time. Enzan my child, please come forward. Prepare for your trial."

-Game Note: In some cases of the game you may engage in conversations with other people. Due to the variation of dialogue exchange, back-and-forth conversing will not end a player's turn until the conversation is complete which will be pointed out each time. Also note that you may speak to your Nomads infinitely even when it is not your turn to help bond a relationship with them. After all dream sequences are complete, turns shall only take one action at a time instead of playing through an entire checkpoint.

Eduardo, when you are ready please choose an action.

~Enzan's Dream Sequence~

You arrive in a poverish village. The houses are made of shoddy stone and there aren't many people in sight. A boy is crying by the pond and an old man walks up to him.
Elder: "Why are you crying, my grandson?"
Child: "I am so hungry. Buy me something to eat, grandpa!"
Elder: "Hm, but I have so little to spend, grandchild."
Child: "Please grandpa, I'm starving!"
Elder: "Alright, alright... Eh... My old age must be getting to me. I appear to have left my wallet back at the house. It's... such a far way and my body is much to feeble to make the trip and back. Hm... Oh? *He turns to you* You there! Yes, you! I have a favor to ask. Could you please go to my house and fetch my wallet in the top drawer and bring it back, please? My grandson needs something to eat. The door should be unlocked."

Your options:

1) "Get it yourself, you old coot."
2) "Sure. I'll go get it for you."
3) "You're pretty old and look like you could drop dead at any moment. Why not feed your grandson your corpse?"
4) "Sorry, I'm busy at the moment."
5) Ignore him.
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:17 pm

I choose:

2) "Sure. I'll go get it for you."
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:31 pm

He points you the direction to his house and you go on your way. You find the home and go inside and see the drawer in the corner.

1) Get the wallet.
2) Bail.
3) Rob the place blind.
4) Set the home on fire.
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:03 pm

I will
1) Get the wallet.
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:27 pm

As soon as you grab the wallet an armored man comes into the room.

Watchman: "Halt, thief! How dare you barge in the house of the mayor's daughter and try to pilfer her belongings! Despicable. This village has gone so desperate and destitute as to resort to stealing. Come with me, the padre will know what to do."

1) Comply.

2) Try to fight him.

3) Speak. (Insert custom dialogue)

4) Cry.
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:37 pm

3) Speak. (Insert custom dialogue)

"I think there is a misunderstanding happening right now. I've found out a child and an elder by the pond. The child was crying and starving, so she asked the elder to buy her something to eat. He asked me if I could get his wallet, as he was fragile. As I agreed, he pointed me to come here, get inside the house, which would be unlocked, and get his wallet on the drawer. That's what I did. I've just grabbed the wallet and I was on my way back to the pond. You can go there with me to see I'm not lying."
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:40 am

Watchman: "I'll have none of your lies. This is the house of the mayor's daughter. No elder or child lives here. If you have any other false excuses, you may present them to the padre."

He then leads you to a citadel hall where many of the townspeople including the old man and child are seated awaiting a trial.

Watchman: "Padre, I have brought the prosecuted."
Padre: "I see. You there. You are not of our village. Though I know not of who you are, where you came from, or how you got here, the only thing I am concerned with is the situation at hand. We live by Hammurabi's Code here, and the punishment for stealing shall be the removal of the thief's hands. You stepped into the home of the mayor's daughter and attempted to steal her money. I shall not be irrational and create my verdict right away. I shall hear what you have to say. Now... what do you have to say for yourself?"

~Game Note: You can always add custom dialogue to your options wherever it applies.

1) Take the fall for the crime.
2) Tell him you were tricked.
3) Try to plead insanity.
4) Make a break for the door.
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:59 am

2) Tell him you were tricked.

I'm telling I'm innocent. An elder by the pond sent me to that house, asking me to grab his wallet so that he could buy some food to a starving child. They really looked like people needing help, so I accepted to help them. He pointed me the direction and told me the door would be unlock. I was going to deliver the wallet he requested. Please, I beg you, let us go to the pond and we can find the elder who tricked me.
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next