Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
New Topic: Song Revolutionaries EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
New Topic: Song Revolutionaries EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
New Topic: Song Revolutionaries EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
New Topic: Song Revolutionaries EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
New Topic: Song Revolutionaries EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
New Topic: Song Revolutionaries EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
New Topic: Song Revolutionaries EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
New Topic: Song Revolutionaries EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
New Topic: Song Revolutionaries EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
New Topic: Song Revolutionaries 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o New Topic: Song Revolutionaries Nightmare New Topic: Song Revolutionaries Sb10 New Topic: Song Revolutionaries 21o6g49

New Topic: Song Revolutionaries

+8
AbsoulAwaken
Phanpy7266
buckthefuffalo
Luck
Eduardo
Evan
Lynjabear
Anubis
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Topic: Song Revolutionaries Empty New Topic: Song Revolutionaries

Post by Anubis Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Leo and I have agreed to ask all of you about having a 'Favorite Songs Forum.' It's not going to be a song of the day forum because that limits you to one top song per day. With the 'Favorite Songs Forum' you can post your favorite songs as many times as you want and as many as you want per day. Not only will you be able to share your favorite songs, but 'Pop Culture' will spread. People may be hearing to artists/songs they may have not heard before and might fall in 'love' with them/the songs.

So, all of you who think that this is a good idea, post yes or whatever word that means to agree. lol.

People who don't want it, please say why.

We need a lot of members to agree on this to make an actual songs forum!

Supporters:

Leo
Korasi
Lucario
Jamie
Phanpy7266
AbsoulAwaken
thetimmon
Anubis
EpicNinjaBear
Eduardo
sheppy_spooks

Last edited by Anubis on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 5 times in total
Anubis
Anubis
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

New Topic: Song Revolutionaries Empty Re: New Topic: Song Revolutionaries

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Also it has to be a song about that same artist.Eminem rap music is good but as of right now other rap artist and songs aren't allowed because they rap about money,sex, and drugs while Eminem raps about life so its fine. It must be appropriate though of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:51 pm

Alright, I'm up first!

I listen to songs most teenagers do not listen to. Here are some of my favorites -

1. Tempered Steel - an all-instrumental piece with interesting chime work and percussion. Wonderful brass in this awesome piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48hJGZcqqlU

2. Also Sprach Zarathrusa - a dramatic, powerful piece that also appeared in the opening moments of a Space Odyssey. By Strauss

4 parts -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyJwbwWg8uc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxDio1m1C9s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww9QUhcMyog&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oUjECxWlhc&feature=related

3. Rhapsody in Blue - A famous song by George Gershwin that also makes an appearance in Fantasia. I love this song Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9nG2KyEp2A

Honorable mention - Baroque in Blue. I like this piece and heard it once at a flute concert. No video for this one though, I couldn't find any with my favorite movement in it (2nd and fourth)

I have others, but I didn't have time to look all of them up on a school day Razz
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:52 pm

EpicNinjaBear wrote:Alright, I'm up first!

I listen to songs most teenagers do not listen to. Here are some of my favorites -

1. Tempered Steel - an all-instrumental piece with interesting chime work and percussion. Wonderful brass in this awesome piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48hJGZcqqlU

2. Also Sprach Zarathrusa - a dramatic, powerful piece that also appeared in the opening moments of a Space Odyssey. By Strauss

4 parts -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyJwbwWg8uc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxDio1m1C9s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww9QUhcMyog&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oUjECxWlhc&feature=related

3. Rhapsody in Blue - A famous song by George Gershwin that also makes an appearance in Fantasia. I love this song Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9nG2KyEp2A

Honorable mention - Baroque in Blue. I like this piece and heard it once at a flute concert. No video for this one though, I couldn't find any with my favorite movement in it (2nd and fourth)

I have others, but I didn't have time to look all of them up on a school day Razz

Its not official yet but you can take the first spot if it becomes one, that's why we need your help and support

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:53 pm

uhm thanks for your cooperation epic! Very Happy But the forum hasn't been made yet. And you post the songs over there when it's made. No worries! Now you know! Just copy and paste it there when (if) it's made. Very Happy But i'll be sure to listen to these!
Anubis
Anubis
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:13 am

*sigh* This is still irrelevant. You do not need a forum/section/subsection/whatever you want to call it. You can just as easily do this on the current layout. In fact, I believe there's already a topic on it.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:38 am

I support the idea of having a SECTION (now I'm using the right word). I think that anyone that wants to contribute could create a THREAD inside the SECTION and post their songs. It'd be much more organized, as we could put the lyrics and links to videoclips.
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Ehh I think Ed's right, but its like we create our own thread for songs in this music SECTION so we can post our own music on our own topic.
Luck
Luck
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:38 pm

I agree with Evan. We don't need a section for this. There could easily be a thread made where you posted your favorite songs. We didn't just make the games section for the favorite game/s thread, we made it so you can discuss anything about games in general. Music is easily less relevant to the site, and discussion about music could simply take place in GD whether it be one topic or much more.

I would also be concerned about the quality of posts in a section specifically for music. It would most likely just be people posting songs they like, and then replies consisting of little more than "Yeah, it's a good song" and the like. Of course, you could discuss artists as well, but that's about the extent of the discussion that would take place in such a section. It would be bland and stand out very little, which is why I feel it would be better in General Discussion.

Just my thoughts.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Hey I just want to say that for all of you guys out there that are supporting this than can you please make your personal statement here on the thread giving your opinion why you want the section to be made?
Here I go.The reason why I want this to become a section is because I think it'll bring more posts to the forum . I really like music and ill listen to basically any kind of music and the members can post their favorite songs and talk about the artist as well as the song, music will be spread from all around the world from all sorts . This site has alot of teenagers here and as young people we really enjoy listening to music.Also please make it a decent size,that is all.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Leo on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:44 am

I would stop using the phrase "pop culture". Pop culture could be music, or how Paris Hilton adopted a new African baby to wipe her ass with. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, a thread could be organized. Just have a thread where someone posts a song each day, and another with a discussion topic.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:11 pm

This is not Paris Hilton related

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:23 pm

I'm just telling you pop culture doesn't really mean music d:
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Ohhh, you got a point there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phanpy7266 Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:26 pm

I think this should become a section because since alot of people here are into music, this could help them find more good songs, it could bring more posts, and maybe even more people! plus i bet alot of people would be interested in this so they can show people their favorite songs, and also we might get to know eachother better by the songs we listen to.
Phanpy7266
Phanpy7266
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsoulAwaken Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Sure, I think it's a good idea. People can be introduced to some awesome new music as a result, and people can learn more bout' other users. Cool idea you two. I'm on board.
AbsoulAwaken
AbsoulAwaken
Devoted Shadow
Devoted Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Yeah like everyone else has said does this really need it's own forum section? It could quite easily be posted in the general section as what is your favourite song? It really doesn't need this much fuss or effort put into it tbh. As forward as I'm being it's just for a thread this small it doesn't need that much effort put into it.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Safiliwen wrote:Yeah like everyone else has said does this really need it's own forum section? It could quite easily be posted in the general section as what is your favourite song? It really doesn't need this much fuss or effort put into it tbh. As forward as I'm being it's just for a thread this small it doesn't need that much effort put into it.
It doesn't have to be your favorite song that's just what Anubis said, and if its just put in GD it's not going to be organized it'll just be a whole mess . For example your room; if you don't keep it organized it'll be all messy and it'll be hard to find things in it, I don't see how that's so hard to understand . And its not song of the day anymore. And you spelled " Favorite " wrong. I don't know about you but I'd like to put effort into this if its become a section , I thought you would notice since the effort I've been doing to make this a section.

Last edited by Leo on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Thats how British people spell favorite smart one. favourite = favorite
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Evan wrote:Thats how British people spell favorite smart one. favourite = favorite
How am I supposed to know? I'm not British ? And if your going to comment on here insulting me for something I didn't know then I'd rather have you not post anything insulting , because I see " smart one " as " dumb ass ". Just my thought .

Last edited by Leo on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Well if it's put in general then actually gets posted in it won't be lost will it? And yeah I spelt Favourite right I'm in the UK remember =p but yeah this whole thing really doesn't need it's own section as I said if the thread is acc posted in *if people show interest* it will be kept at the top of the page. no problem.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Safiliwen wrote:Well if it's put in general then actually gets posted in it won't be lost will it? And yeah I spelt Favourite right I'm in the UK remember =p but yeah this whole thing really doesn't need it's own section as I said if the thread is acc posted in *if people show interest* it will be kept at the top of the page. no problem.
That's exactly why I'm doing this, because I want it to be more than just a thread or subsection. Your not geting the point, say someone wants to look for Lady GaGa or something well they can't do that if they just see random posts everywhere that's why I want it to be organized , it'll be organized if its a section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:57 am

In all honesty, I don't really care if it's a thread, topic, section or whatever, but I really like the idea of having a place to share music and to see what other people like. However, if it is crammed into an already crowed area as a section (such as General Discussion) I feel that it wouldn't get as much attention or posts as it would in a specialized section or in an area with less threads. I for one occasionally ignore new posts in General Discussion.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:57 pm

Here's the problem I've been having with most of your explanations on why it should be a section rather than a thread: You could apply all of those things to a thread as well. Being introduced to new music, learning more about other members, and an increase in posts are all aspects of making a sticky thread for music in GD as well. Making it a sticky also address EpicNinjaBear's problem of feeling it wouldn't get enough attention. Now, given the number of supporters, I feel it might work as a sticky. However, I'm still heavily against making it a section.

To those feeling a sticky thread wouldn't be organized, well, the sticky could simply be for general music discussion for anything music related. If you really felt that you needed to make a separate topic, you could just do so in GD. Not getting enough attention for a non-sticky thread shouldn't be an issue as long as you put a decent amount of thought into it, considering how many supporters we have for something music related, so I would take it that most would post in it anyway.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:18 pm

buckthefuffalo wrote:Here's the problem I've been having with most of your explanations on why it should be a section rather than a thread: You could apply all of those things to a thread as well. Being introduced to new music, learning more about other members, and an increase in posts are all aspects of making a sticky thread for music in GD as well. Making it a sticky also address EpicNinjaBear's problem of feeling it wouldn't get enough attention. Now, given the number of supporters, I feel it might work as a sticky. However, I'm still heavily against making it a section.

To those feeling a sticky thread wouldn't be organized, well, the sticky could simply be for general music discussion for anything music related. If you really felt that you needed to make a separate topic, you could just do so in GD. Not getting enough attention for a non-sticky thread shouldn't be an issue as long as you put a decent amount of thought into it, considering how many supporters we have for something music related, so I would take it that most would post in it anyway.

We have other stuff that doesn't get enough posts and topics and its a section . So I don't see why those sections are still sections and why I have to get so many supporters just for this to become a section when we have other stuff that isn't pokemon related when it can easily be made a section like the ones that don't get much post and topics.I've seen on other forums that they have a music section. And I've been giving alot of effort into this just for it to be come a section so I would give alot of amount into it otherwise I wouldn't be doing this in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next