Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) Nightmare Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) Sb10 Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) 21o6g49

Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic)

3 posters

Go down

Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) Empty Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic)

Post by WINTERFRESH Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:06 pm

Discussion topic-

So I'll start off with this, this card got leaked from what will be the newest set in japan.
Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) Untitled-39

Weird, right? I mean it's way different from other cards that have been printed. While this set is semi-different (like dragon vault) from other sets it really stands out.

How do you guys feel about the cards being changed like this? I know most of you don't play but I'm sure you at least collected the cards at some point.

For me I actually like it. It gives me some incentive to continue to collect the cards. The cards change enough each time a new generation changes that it's still fun to collect them.

Anyway, I would like to hear what you guys have to say about it, if anything.
WINTERFRESH
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) Empty Re: Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic)

Post by buckthefuffalo Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Is this just a new type of art or are there game-changing elements in these cards? Is the new set just for some good art? Will only certain cards in the set get the treatment or is it for all of them?

I think the glittery border looks a little tacky, but the rest of the design looks neat. In my opinion the B/W horizontal holo line pattern was just boring. I liked the holo designs for 4th gen and earlier, and I remember dying when I saw the beautiful reverse holo patterns for Emerging Powers, which I assume are kept now.

Overall, I don't mind new art styles/holographic patterns for the cards as long as they don't get too ridiculous, but as someone who doesn't collect/play Pokemon, it doesn't really affect me either way. Compared to Kaijudo's Super Rares these are pretty tame.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic) Empty Re: Are you ready for this? ( A discussion topic)

Post by WINTERFRESH Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:17 pm

buckthefuffalo wrote:Is this just a new type of art or are there game-changing elements in these cards? Is the new set just for some good art? Will only certain cards in the set get the treatment or is it for all of them?

I think the glittery border looks a little tacky, but the rest of the design looks neat. In my opinion the B/W horizontal holo line pattern was just boring. I liked the holo designs for 4th gen and earlier, and I remember dying when I saw the beautiful reverse holo patterns for Emerging Powers, which I assume are kept now.

Overall, I don't mind new art styles/holographic patterns for the cards as long as they don't get too ridiculous, but as someone who doesn't collect/play Pokemon, it doesn't really affect me either way. Compared to Kaijudo's Super Rares these are pretty tame.

I'm pretty sure it's a new type of art. It's a mini-set (only 22 cards) and not all of them have the special art on them. I really hope we get these cards :[
WINTERFRESH
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:25 am

For those of us #lolcoolhipsters who were avid EX series fans, we remember that border. Stuff like Muk EX, Rayquaza EX, and pretty much every EX had a sparkly border like that. This little mini-set would be worth a couple of bucks down the line, even in Japanese, so I'd likely be willing to invest some money in it. Overall I think it looks pretty cool, other than the fact that Stunfisk reminds me of my 7th grade Math teacher.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down