Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
My 5th gen team idea EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
My 5th gen team idea EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
My 5th gen team idea EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
My 5th gen team idea EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
My 5th gen team idea EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
My 5th gen team idea EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
My 5th gen team idea EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
My 5th gen team idea EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
My 5th gen team idea EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
My 5th gen team idea 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o My 5th gen team idea Nightmare My 5th gen team idea Sb10 My 5th gen team idea 21o6g49

My 5th gen team idea

3 posters

Go down

My 5th gen team idea Empty My 5th gen team idea

Post by Tony Tue May 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Mienshao

Life Orb

252 Att & Speed EVs & 4 HP EVs

Adamant Nature

Ability Inner Focus

Moveset:

Stone Edge
Fake Out
U-Turn
Brick Break

My Lead, I think it best Unova Lead. This is also meant to Wall break if someone tries to Double Wall on me. Stone Edge for Straight Attacking. Fake Out for clearing Sashers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ferrothorn

Item Leftovers

Ability Iron Barbs

Impish nature

252 Def & Sp Def & 4 HP EVs

Moveset

Curse
Gyro Ball
Leech Seed
Substitute

This is meant to be my Wall & Leecher. Leech + Leftovers gets most of Sub's HP loss in 1 turn. Curse increases Att & Def, decreases speed powering up Gyro Ball while making it even harder to kill with Def boost.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haxorus

Ability Mold Breaker

Adamant nature

252 Att & Speed EVs & 4 HP EVs

Item Life Orb

Moveset

Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Brick Break
Dragon Dance

Bisharp

Ability Inner Focus

Item Rocky helmet

Adamant

252 Att & 152 Def & 102 Spd EVs

Move set

Sucker Punch
Brick Break
Stone Edge
Thunder Wave

My Mid Game Attacker. Hope to use before my Haxorus/Hydriegon to soften teams up Mid Game. TW to help my moderately slow/average speed sweepers get priority Late Game. Brick Break to cover pesky Bronzong, etc setting up walls too.

Hydriegon

Modest nature

252 Sp Att & Speed EVs

Item Choice Scarf

Moveset
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Flamethrowerr
Surf

My Advantadge Switch-in. Switches in when it has an advantadge hope this is effective.

Reuiniclus

Item Life Orb

Modest nature

252 Sp Att & 152 Def & 102 Sp Def EVs

Moveset
Calm Mind
Focus Blast
Recover
Psyshock

My only Staller here. All Moves High PP (Pain Split 32!) and suited to stalling. Meant to set up, heal, setup, then stall or sweep

Last edited by Tony on Tue May 17, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 8 times in total

Tony
Higher Member
Higher Member

http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/showgroups.php

Back to top Go down

My 5th gen team idea Empty Re: My 5th gen team idea

Post by Frashu Tue May 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Nice team but what I'm criticizing you on is your post... I was happy with the first 2 descriptions until the rest. You forgot EVS for Bisharp and the descriptions are very in depth. Wouldn't have killed you to type in the natures for the Pokemon. It looked like you were in a rush. xD Btw. I find you very open to extremely strong fire attacks.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue May 17, 2011 9:46 pm

This is an improvement, but still has some flaws.

Meinshao: Needs moar Fakeout to break sashes of opposing leads and does a bit of damage as well. I would probably replace Bulk Up with Fakeout (I'll touch on why you don't want Bulk Up later). Keep Life Orb on it. You do not want a Scarf on it. Also, imo Brick Break is very situational, but if you feel that your team really struggles with double walls (I personally don't see it very often), keep it. Otherwise change it out for the riskier but much more powerful Hi Jump Kick.

Another I would consider is changing its ability. Meinshao only has 65/60/60 defenses, so Regeneration won't really help much, since it's not going to take a very powerful attack to OHKO or 2HKO it anyway. This is also why Bulk Up isn't needed, since it likely won't live long enough to benefit from it. Assuming you're not wanting any unreleased Dream World abilities, you should change the ability to Inner Focus, which will keep you from getting flinched (it can be useful at times, especially in a lead position).

Ferrothorn: This set is very....interesting. Honestly I've never seen anything like it. One thing I can recommend, however, is to replace T-Wave with Leech Seed. See, since Gyro Ball does damage based on the difference between the two Pokemon's speed, you don't want to lower the speed of your opponent because you'll do less damage with Gyro Ball. With Leech Seed, however, not only will you be able to capitalize on Gyro Ball better, you'll also regain a nice chunk of health each turn that will whittle away your opponent's health. Combine that with 6% leftovers recovery, and you're recovering most of the health lost from Sub each turn. Do that and this set really has some potential for making the other player curse at their screen more than a spoiled kid from New Jersey playing Call of Duty.

Haxorus: While his attack is sky high, the main thing that holds Haxorus back this gen is his low speed (when compared with other dragons) combined with meh defenses. I guess I can see this is where Ferrothorn's T-Wave came in, no? I'm not exactly sure what to do with this one. The one thing that really sticks out in my head is getting rid of the band, replacing X-Scissor/Shadow Claw with Dragon Dance, and maybe putting in a Life Orb? If you want a guaranteed DD you could go for Focus Sash, although I'm not sure how much Speed and attack you reach with DD. If anyone could give any numbers here, that'd be great. The other moves look fine, I think, although I'm not really certain since most people don't use Haxorus. Again, if anyone could input on that, I'm sure Tony could benefit from it.

Bisharp: You need to replace Iron Defense with Sucker Punch. You said you use it before Haxorus, so if you find that you're able to get many T-Waves off (Prefferably on 2-3 pokemon) before Haxorus comes out, ignore what I said for Haxorus. Other than that it looks fine.

Hydriegon: Right off the bat I notice that you need Dark Pulse over Focus Blast for more STAB (it also has a nice chance to flinch, something I've found incredibly useful whenever I use it). Since you're going for Modest nature here AND Choice Specs, I would recommend either using a Scarf instead or changing the nature to Timid and keeping the Specs. There's nothing else I can really comment on here.

Reunculus: For a Calm Minder I would recommend Life Orb since you won't take damage from it because of Magic Guard. Get rid of Pain Split. You already have recover so having both would be rather redundant. I would personally change Psychic to Psyshock so that this set isn't completely walled by Chansey/Blissey. You can replace Pain Split for Focus Blast.

Final Notes: I notice that on all of your Pokemon with 252/252 spreads you neglected to add in the leftover 4 EVs in another stat. While one point may not be a big difference, it can help, so be sure to use all 508 of your useful EVs when making a Pokemon. Also, you don't need to tell the personality of a Pokemon since that only tells us what IV is highest, and we already assume you have optimized IVs. Also, you need to actually test a team before posting it here. You may find mistakes in your team on your own that way, and it really helps a team become a well thought out one before it even gets posted. A good amount of testing battles is probably around 40 or so. This can easily be done in a few hours on PO.

Honestly this team was better than the last, so I think if you just tested your team before posting it, you could really make a great team.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down