Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) Nightmare My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) Sb10 My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) 21o6g49

My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help)

4 posters

Go down

My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) Empty My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help)

Post by Luck Wed May 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Metagross : Moveset: Explosion Meteor Mash Bullet Punch Earthquake Ability:Clear Body
Adamant
Occa berry, Ev's- 252 Attk 100 Def 152 SpDef 100
Jellicent Moveset: Scald Shadow Ball Hex Recover Ability:Cursed Body
Calm
Leftovers, EV's- 200HP 52 SP.Attk 252 SP.Def
Mamoswine Moveset: Icicle Crash Earthquake Stone Edge Frustration Ability:Thick Fat
Adamant
Choice scarf, EV's- 252 Attk 252 Speed
Cinccino Movset: Bullet Seed Tail Slap Flail Rock Blast Ability: Technician
Adamant
Focus sash, Ev's-252 ATTK 252 SPEED
Tropius Moveset: Protect Substitute Leech Seed Synthesis Ability: Harvest
Calm
Sitrus Berry, Ev's- 252 HP 100 Def Sp.Def 152
Heatran Moveset: Lava plume Earth Power Substitute Taunt Ability:Flash fire
Calm
Air Balloon, Ev's-252 Sp.Def 152 Sp.Attk 100 Defense

The Defenses on Heatran are there since I'm making it as sorta a wall To Sp.Attackers
Focus Sash On Cinccino is there since if someone uses a move like close combat I'll stay with 1 HP so I would be able to OHKO it with flail.Or in other situations I'll get to kill at least 1 poke before it dying.
The Defenses on Tropius is to make it almost unstoppable, although walled by taunters like Heatran I'll still be able to stall my way through.Sitrus + Harvester= Unlimited berry's I'll have infinite Hp unless knocked out with one hit but it can survive 2 ice beams before dying.
Anything else you will like to add or help em with Comment
bounce

Last edited by Lucario on Wed May 18, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Luck
Luck
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help) Empty Re: My 5TH Gen Team (Needs help)

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed May 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Some descriptions of how the pokemon contribute to the team as well as EVs would help.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed May 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Metagross: In my opinion Meta is pretty much useless this gen since his boon, Explosion, was seriously nerfed. This should really be changed entirely. Perhaps you could try Forry? He lacks Meta's raw power, but has many viable lead moves, such as Leech Seed, Stealth Rocks, etc. Another thing you could try out is Bronzong, particularly a dual screener. Here's a set I've got off the top of my head:

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm
EVs: 40 Atk/252 Def/216 Sp. Def
-Gyro Ball
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock

Light Clay will extend how long your screens are up. Calm nature and 252 defense EVs for max defense. The rest are invested mostly in special bulk and a bit of attack to make GB sting a little more. GB is easily Bronzong's best physical option for an attack. The rest of the moves should be obvious. Basically, you get a screen up based on what attacks you're opponent is going to be using, set up Rocks, then put up the other screen. Gyro Ball keeps this from being a pure support set.

Will add more later, but I have to go to bed.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Thu May 19, 2011 12:02 am

A little spacing might help as well.

@Metagross - Metagross leads are pretty good, and I actually like this, contrary to buck's ferro lead. I like it because it beats many common leads with power+priority, but doesn't really do much outside of maybe KO one pokemon. Metegri (plural?) are most useful, in my opinion, as agiligross sweepers. I like the bronzong idea or one of those sash-breaking anti-leads more. Because you have so many defensive members, a lead with toxic spikes might help.

@Jellicent - I hate defensive pokemon. I play offensively, so my knowledge on this side is kinda flawed..but I don't like hex. In my opinion, it is a wasted moveslot because there is only a 30% chance of a burn on the opponent, it is not as if you carry toxic. It might stay on if you use t-spikes, but its unreliable, and you already have a ghost STAB in shadow ball, which is powerful enough. You could add toxic on to this, taunt might help prevent it from being set-up fodder for dnite, and changing its nature to bold and relocating its EVs a little might help it tank blows better, as OU is primarily physical and Jellicnet already have a base 105 spD to work with. It also has Will-o-wisp to work with, and surf could be replaced with scald if either status-only inflicting move is chosen.

@Mamoswine - This thing is pretty good, but even with a choice scarf, there are still things you can't outspeed, and even with that base 130 Attack, earthquake that's scarfed is easy to avoid. I think you should keep this, but you might also consider a band for more power or an orb with ice shard to destroy opponents faster than the scarf. Why frustration? Its not as powerful as return, and its easier to keep friendship high in the game than to make it hate you. I'm not sure if it gets you any benefits, so ice shard could go into the last slot or Stealth Rock, because you don't have any other SR users.

@Cinnicio - I like this. Its really cute Very Happy and it works well, though I would never considered flail on this. I actually would suggest skill link over technican, because with skill link, all moves have the definite base power of 125. Unless it hits over 4 times, then skill link is more worth it. I don't like flail myself because of its unreliability and the ease of revenge kills (Cinccino has no way of boosting its speed) and encore would fit the bill perfectly. It also gets U-turn, which could be useful. If technican persists, you could even use wake-up slap.

@Tropius - I love the creativity of this one, but you get trolled by any grass type, ice shard, pokemon with toxic etc. What would be really cool is if you could do something like this (though I have my doubts about its utility)-

-Dragon Dance
-Rest
-Earthquake
-Fly?(lol)/Return
@Lum berry
Keep same evs to make maximally bulky.

Abuse Lum berry with something kind of like kingdra's Chestorest, but it works for all status. This way, Breloom, which trolls your entire team essentially, finds itself set up on with DD and fly (lol). I'm not sure if it'll work...this is a theory that I just made up...

@Heatran - I hate heatrans. This probably works, but I don't want to look at that ugly piece of molten metal for any length of time. Like the air balloon though.

Hope I helped with this obnoxiously long post!
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Thu May 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Well I said I'd give a rate so here goes =3

Metagross: Honestly not a bad set he makes an okay lead but your missing out on entry hazards etc so there's something to think about, also I would highly suggest taking out explosion as in this gen it has very limited uses other than that a pretty solid lead something else to try out would be the tried and True Donphan Lead

Donphan @ Lefties
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 HP/Def 252 Atk 4 in HP/Def
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Shard/Seed Bomb (Ice Shard preferable)
-Rapid Spin

Pretty obvious set you could change that out for a Bold nature with 252 HP and 252 Def to make him more bulky you have to watch his SpD side though don't let him take any hits like that Razz

@Jellicent Pretty nice set however I would personally change out Hex for something else or swap Scald for a Status move eg WoW or Toxic to make use of Hex or drop it entirely, other than that pretty solid set. You could maybe stand to take those 52 SpA EV's an place them into Def for a bit of insurance bulk.

@ Mamoswine I honestly dunno why I told you to use frustration I honestly forgot Return gives you more BP XD So run with Return other than that pretty damn solid set if you can predict switches etc or remove there levitaters etc.

@Cinccino Really not much to say here moveset etc is all pretty much the only viable thing for this guy unless you run skill link and I know this was based on the Site war so he can't have skill link.

@Tropius Honestly I'd have the same except maybe remove a few EV''s from either side for more bulk in the SpD side but that's just my take. One question you say he survives an Ice Beam what from? Specs Latios? or who? That's one major question but moving on. I'd honestly take out synthesis for Rest and give him a Lum Berry also 100% Protects you from status e.g Toxic that people love to fling at walls.

@Heatran Looking at the EV's etc I can't tell what set your looking to go for here? If he's going to taunt he'll need speed investment if he's going to be bulky he'll need some taken out of SpA or Def and put into HP honestly he doesn't need Def boosting as most people tend to hit him with SpA moves or EQ which he can't survive off of a Timid Gliscor with no Atk investment anyway's unless he has Max Def Max HP which is kinda a waste.

Well there you go kinda long and kinda brief at the same time but there's your rate based off what info you gave me Razz
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Thu May 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Adding my opinions of the rest of the team.

Jellicent: I've tried Jellicent myself, and it can be a fairly good pokemon if used correctly. The first thing you need to do though is get rid of Hex, as having Shadow Ball on the same set is redundant. Here I can see you having two options: Replace Hex with Will-O'-Wisp to cripple physical threats (although your team is pretty bulky defensively), and invest in some defense EVs, taking them out of special defense to make sure you have some physical bulk as Saf said. Another thing you could try, however, is keep your EVs as they are and replace Hex with something that I hardly ever see Jellicent use: Acid Armor, which raises your defense two stages. I've tried this myself, and if you use it on the right Pokemon, it makes Jellicent nearly unstoppable. If you were to also replace Scald with Toxic in that case, you could also have some status that will slowly whittle away your opponent's health. You may also want to consider changing Jellicent's ability to Water Absorb, since two of your Pokemon are weak to water and will attract water attacks, which you can predict and switch into to restore 25% of your health.

Mamoswine: Looks good especially since you have Heatran to cover its grass and fire weaknesses. Icicle Crash can be devastating on all the new dragons that are present this gen. I would however take Saf's advice on changing Frustration to Return. The only thing that concerns me about this set is Scarf Chomp, which will easily outspeed you and kill you before you can get off the IC. Mamo has priority in Ice Shard, but I'm not sure if it would be worth changing a whole moveslot for.

Cinccino: With all the multiple hit moves you have, you would probably be better off with Skill Link. Flail is interesting, something I don't tend to see very often. Cinccino has 115 base speed, which isn't bad by any means, but you may be better off using Life Orb instead of Focus Sash and replacing Flail with Wake-Up Slap.

Tropius: The only thing I don't like about this is that it is pretty situational. You have to assume the opponent's Pokemon has no priority moves and that it isn't faster than you, and with only 51 base speed, the latter is likely not to be true. Taunters are also very common this generation, and Whimsicott destroys this set, as well as any other Prankster Pokemon (Tornadus comes to mind). It's kind of like Flail Magikarp: If you are in the right conditions, it can be hilariously good, but otherwise it's little more than a waste of a teammate. If I were you I would probably get rid of Tropius.

Heatran: Poor little Heatran doesn't know what it wants to be. As Saf said, you can't have taunt without investing some speed EVs, and defense investment has little use. I must say though: What the hell is Substitute doing on this set? You don't have any stat boosting moves, or any status moves, so I'm not sure what you had in mind for Substitute on this set. The only situation where subbing is going to be beneficial to you is if you come in on a Choice-locked EQ or the like, and even then you most likely aren't going to be accomplishing much the next turn. Since this is a bulky set, I would recommend getting rid of Substitute and replacing it with Will-O'-Wisp to stop physical threats dead in their tracks. I'm not sure how much Taunt helps on a slow Heatran, but if you find yourself not being able to get off the Taunt, you could just use Dragon Pulse for extra coverage.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Thu May 19, 2011 7:49 pm

Whoa, a lot of long posts. And I thought I was the only long poster...
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down