Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Semi-Stall Sand Team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Semi-Stall Sand Team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Semi-Stall Sand Team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Semi-Stall Sand Team EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Semi-Stall Sand Team EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Semi-Stall Sand Team EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Semi-Stall Sand Team EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Semi-Stall Sand Team EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Semi-Stall Sand Team EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Semi-Stall Sand Team 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Semi-Stall Sand Team Nightmare Semi-Stall Sand Team Sb10 Semi-Stall Sand Team 21o6g49

Semi-Stall Sand Team

4 posters

Go down

Semi-Stall Sand Team Empty Semi-Stall Sand Team

Post by bygbyrd25 Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:37 am

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/104 SpDef
Impish nature (+Def,-SpAtk)
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

This guy is a great lead. I almost always get up steal rocks right away. He is also a great wall with a powerful STAB EQ that can roar easily to scout and rack up SR damage.
---
I CAN FLY!!! (Skarmory) (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spd
Impish nature (+Def,-SpAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Yea I'm using SkarmBliss. But cut me some slack, this is my first good team I've made. Ever. Anyway, it works well, especially with hippowdon. Shed shell is optional, but I recommend it. Getting trapped by Magnezone sucks.
---
Housekeeping (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/4 Spd/54 SpDef
Calm nature (+SpDef,-Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Protect
- Toxic
- Wish

This set is my favorite Blissey set, though it can't touch Heatran.
---
Vaporeon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 40 Def/216 Spd/252 SpAtk
Modest nature (+SpAtk,-Atk)
- Hidden Power (Electric)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Wish

Yes, that is a choice scarf this thing is holding. Scarf Vappy is amazing, especially with good prediction. The most effective way to use this Vaporeon is to hit offensive pokemon as they switch in, then outspeed and finish them off. This set can't do anything special to bulky waters with SpDef investment.
---
Smores (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SpAtk/4 SpDef
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power (Grass)
- Substitute

Using substitute helps ease prediction and dispose of slower threats with a 2HKO flamethrower, but usually you just want to use flamethrower. I don't like fire blast because I hate missing, and the PP is too low. Flamethrower still hits hard. HP grass is for Swampert and weakened water pokemon.
---
Sceptile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk,-SpAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance

The speed of my team. He can set up SD easily, can't really switch in on attacks. Has crazy power after SD, but dies way too fast due to LO, sandstorm, SR, and double edge. So, I need a replacement for this guy. He often dies without ever getting attacked, and that's just crappy. I was thinking Agility Lucario, but I'm open for suggestions.
---

So, that's my best team on PL as of now. I use my solid defensive pokes to scout and weaken the other team early on. Hippowdon, Skarmory and Blissey are just so solid. When the other team is weak, I pick them apart with my three offensive pokemon. Please leave a comment. I will update this every time I change it.
bygbyrd25
bygbyrd25
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Semi-Stall Sand Team Empty Suggestions...

Post by DarkSubZero Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Well its ok if u like to use SkarmBliss but u messed up ur team with Vaporeon and Heatran item/moves/EVs lemme explain...

Hippowdon- OK lead.

Skarmory- You should try Drill peck instead of BB cuz recoil damage so u dont need to much power cuz youre gonna stall the other guy with help of sandstorm and u need to take care of ur HP plus some lefties cuz its a staller and the EV investment i would do this one... HP-180... Def-220... Sp Def-92... Speed-18.

Blissey- Take flamethrower and put Seismic toss on it also you can take out toxic and put T-wave instead depeds on the moves chosen with Vaporeon.

Vaporeon- I should take out choice scarf cuz it isnt a sweeper and u will mess up his bulkiness and put him lefties + take out HP-E i prefer toxic/acid armor on it depends on the moves chosen with Bliss, also the EV investment i should go with this one... Def-58...Sp Atck-200... Sp Def- 102... Speed-150... there u have the "bulkiness" of Vaporeon and some kind of sweeping.

Heatran- Hes a sweeper so take out lefties definitively and put scarf on it due to its POOR speed also his moves i should take sub cuz u wont need it and put dark pulse/dragon pulse/explosion depending on what u want for him and also the EV investment i shoud use is this one... Def-59... Sp Atck-252... Sp Def-49... Speed-150.

Sceptile- Its EVs are ok but his movepool is shit u have life orb + double edge= fail i should take double edge and put dragon claw/night slash/x-scisors/brick break there u have more type coverage and u wont take urself out of the game too early.

There u go if i use your team i would use it like i suggested Wink all the moves and EVs are customed by me and ill use that team for a while to see if i can improve it with something else if u need something else PM me. Smile hope i helped

DarkSubZero
Higher Member
Higher Member

Back to top Go down

Semi-Stall Sand Team Empty Re: Semi-Stall Sand Team

Post by Evan Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Dark, I disagree with you. SubTran has a NASTY tendancy to catch teams offguard with Substitute, since Choice Scarfs are so common. Its quite versatile. However, I do agree with you on Vappy. I would say take off the Choice Scarf, and try Toxic/Wish/Protect/Surf. Bold Nature, 124 HP, 252 Defence, and 128 Special Attack. Vappy has great bulk, and its a bit of a waste to be locked into one move. As for Substituting Brave Bird for Drill Peck. Brave Bird is a STRONG move. I have tried both, and Brave Bird packs the nessecary punch to deal damage whenever needed. Drill Peck, however, can leave you defenseless, as its lower base power simply doesn't cut it where BB would. And on Skarm, I find the Specially Defensive set to be much more useful. It has a much easier time handling special hits, and can Whirlwind them out after they do hit. I would agree that Shed Shell should be switched for Lefties, but I do like Trapping Skarms with Magnezone d:. I would change Toxic to T-Wave on Blissey. As for Sceptile, your using it in OU. If you want it have maximum potency, give it Dragon Claw over Double Edge. It lacks the Recoil, and takes out Kingdra, and incoming Flygon (assuming its Scarfed). Seismic Toss would also be better on Blissey, simply for consistent damage. Overall, you have a good team. However, you have to watch your Fighting type Weakness. Nasty Plot Infernape could have a field day with this team, as Grass Knot tears through Hippowndon and Vappy, Fire Blast/Flamethrower kills off Sceptile and Skarm, and Focus Blast or Vacuum Wave will kill Heatran. The only hurtle he'd have to get over is Blissey, and after setting up Nasty Plot, theres really nothing you can do.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Danye West Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:53 pm

I suggest not using bliss skarm because it is noob. Very Happy
Danye West
Danye West
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Semi-Stall Sand Team Empty Final suggestion...

Post by DarkSubZero Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Well ive used your team a few battles and i put bulkytar (custom one) instead of vap that his moves and all shoulve be...

Nature: Adamant
EVs: HP-60 Moves: Crunch
Atack-200 Dragon Dance
Defense-150 Fire Punch
Sp Defense-100 Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Thats all for now if someone wants me to rate a team and test it just PM me or post the team and i will. Smile

DarkSubZero
Higher Member
Higher Member

Back to top Go down

Semi-Stall Sand Team Empty Changes

Post by bygbyrd25 Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback !
Standard wish/toxic vappy fits the team much better as the pokes that he killed were offensive and can be stalled out. Toxic messes me up though.
Now my Blissy has T-wave, softboiled, icebeam, and flamethrower/seismic toss. Ice beam for flygon, flamethrower for scizor.
Sceptile is much better with dragon claw.
Hetran is a monster with substitute and sceptile can outspeed most pokemon that aren't scarfed. Scarfed pokemon don't bother me because my team has solid defences and can make choiced pokemon look stupid.
Hippo and Skarm are the same, but I might put some Sp.Def ev's on Skarm.

Thanks again for all the feedback !

bygbyrd25
bygbyrd25
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:01 am

Where is Gastrodon!/? its so beast in this set with its dream world ability(: Try it out some time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down