Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT Nightmare Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT Sb10 Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT 21o6g49

Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT

5 posters

Go down

Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT Empty Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT

Post by Aaron Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:50 pm

This is my Anti-Weather Sand Team. Surely most of you have faced it. It is a bitch, in the direct definition of the word. If you've wondered what it is, here you go. It is pretty much a mixture of "Wut?" and "Oh yeah!". I will just quit talking, and let us get to the TeamBuilding!

So I love Excadrill. It pretty much help defines the MetaGame. It has its Walls, but the idea is to get rid of them before you bring him out (or at least weaken them to KOing range). So here is my Dory.

Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT 530Excadrill @ Choice Band
Jolly, 252 Attack EVs / 252 Speed EVs
Sand Rush
X-Scissor
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Shadow Claw

Switch in, wreck shit. Pretty much it. He can 3HKO Gliscor with Rock Slide, but I wouldn't recommend trying. His favorite thing to do is hit things on the switch for at least 50% and then KO them on the next turn (I.E. Ferrothorn with Earthquake does about 54%~). And with Dory, you always have to have Sand.

Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT 248Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sassy, 252 HP EVs / 180 Attack EVs / The Rest in Sp. Def. Probably like 76 or something.
Sand Stream
Crunch
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Stealth Rock

You know, Leads aren't really supposed to fuck shit up. Yet, this one does. OHKOs 252 HP/252 Def Ferrothorn cleanly, and 2HKOs it with 252 HP/252 Sp. Def. Ice Beam always OHKOs Standard and Acro-Fling Gliscor and 2HKOs Bulky Garchomp. Crunch OHKOs all Ghosts (that aren't Bulky; Gengar). And Stealth Rock is great for setting up. Just be careful of other Tyranitar Leads. They may have Superpower. BOOM! OHKOd. Here is a great solution to that

Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT 386-speedDeoxys-S
Naive, 28 Attack EVs / 228 Sp. Attack EVs / 252 Speed EVs
Pressure
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Superpower

Naturally, this wrecks pretty much everything short of nothing. If this comes out mid-game, be prepared. OHKO on Gyrados, Excadrill, Heatran, Tyranitar, Gliscor, Garchomp, Gligar, Gengar, Conkeldurr, and Starmie. 2HKO on Dragonite, other Deoxys-Ss, and Jellicent. 3HKO (painfully) on Ferrothorn. Yeah. This thing brings a world of hurt down on top of pretty much all of the other mainstream Pokemon. WARNING: Does not OHKO Excadrill after a Superpower with Superpower. Takes it to Red. Be prepared! To cover up some of Deoxys-Ss fraility, we have installed a Ferrothorn.

Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT 598Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Impish, 252 HP EVs / 4 Def EVs / 252 Sp. Defense EVs
Iron Barbs
Leech Seed
Protect
Power Whip
Spikes

Standard, yet with a twist... OF LIME. XD
Anyway, it really is great. If you suspect a Crunch, Acrobatics, Fling, U-Turn, or Brave Bird (or any other not Super-Effective contact move), switch to this to sponge it and inflict 25% HP damage in addition to Sandstorm for that turn. Then switch to the Counter. By the way, he also sponges Rapid Spin well. But now, we would like to complete our Pinnacles of Synergy. With these next two Pokemon, there isn't a weakness left uncovered. I will just give the sets for these first.

Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT 593Jellicent @ Leftovers
Calm, 252 HP EVs / 252 Sp. Attack EVs
Water Absorb
Recover
Will-O-Wisp
Water Spout
Hex

Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT 207Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish, 252 HP EVs / 136 Def EVs / 120 Sp. Defense EVs
Sand Veil
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Taunt
Roost

Jellicent sponges Fire hits nicely. It loves coming in on Politoed Hydro Pump/Scald to recover HP through Water Absorb. It then Burns the switch (or the Politoed). They will most likely panic, which is when you can get off another Will-O-Wisp. Water Spout OHKOs Gliscor, just for a taste of its power. Hex is for the Pokemon that either A.) Resist Water Spout, or B.) Are Burned. Recover is just for, you know, recovery. It can stall out Burns and Sand like no one's business.

Gligar is a troll. I love him. He can live an Ice Beam from Politoed due to the Sp. Defense EVs and the Eviolite. He walls Excadrill better than Gliscor due to its sheer Utility. Aerial Ace is for when you use Jellicent to take a Spore from Breloom. Switch to this, and proceed to wreck the Breloom. Taunt is for Chansey/Blissey, Earthquake is for Heatran, Excadrill, and Magnezone for the OHKOs on each one respectively. Roost is for Stall and recovery.

And that's the Team!

Hope you enjoyed this. Looking forward to some feedback. Suggestions are not really taken often, just because this Team's record for today is 14-3. And it rarely loses. Only make suggestions that you TRULY think will help. Thank you.

I WANT YOU TO USE THIS TEAM! IT IS GOOD! USE IT! STEAL IT!
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT Empty Re: Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT

Post by Lynjabear Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Notes - Garchomp has been banned, meaning you won't have to counter it Very Happy

I really like this team. I like the typing and the pokemon etc. even though I don't like defensive pokemon personally.

Nothing really to say, but its a little confusing what pokemon is your lead. I think its tyranitar, but the ordering is a little odd.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT Empty Re: Not Your Average Grain of Sand -- 5th Gen OU RMT

Post by Aaron Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:21 am

The real order is Tyranitar, Glig. Ferro, Jelli, Exca, and Deo.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:40 pm

After T-Tar, you don't really have much to deal with Ferro. Just saying.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:47 pm

Evan wrote:After T-Tar, you don't really have much to deal with Ferro. Just saying.

Gligar walls it completely. After a Taunt, only Power Whip can be used (or Gyro Ball), in which case I just switch to the Rocky Helmet Ferro to take the attack(s), force a switch, and set up on the switch.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:36 pm

can I use your tyranitar on one of my teams?
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Oh yeah. Definitely. Feel free.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Hm I'm about to test this team out to see how good it is I'll tell you how it works out.
Luck
Luck
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:45 pm

Inb4 necro. I want suggestions for the whole Exca-is-banned thing. Sandslash? What should I do?
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:53 pm

Exca can be switched For:

Scizor, Sandslash, Stoutland, Landorus, Drillbur, etc.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:30 am

Thank you! Drillbur? Explain? And Stoutland?
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:27 am

Excadrill was wonderful in its place, but because of its banishment, landorus is the way to go. Drillbur and stoutland simply don't have the same type of power. Also, your team actually has a large gliscor issue. Water Spout will not 0hko, as the average gliscor will protect turn one, causing SS damage, then EQ, causing water spout's damage output to drop drastically. EQ is actually a 2hko because of the odd defensive investment. It can do even more if it comes in on another pokemon and SDs up. It can potentially sweep your whole team bar deoxys-S, as it can SD up on Gligar and ice fang to death.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:15 am

Both have Sand Rush Kor. And Stoutland makes an exellent revenge killer with Retaliate. Drilbur is just a mini ExcaDrill.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Landorus is the only real viable one for that pick, Stoutlands just too weak imo, so yeh pick him and rock him hard.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Epic, I'm not sure you realize that Water Spout ALWAYS OHKOs. Other than the lack of Gliscors anyway, Jellicent has the ability to OHKO with Water Spout or 2HKO with Hex (EQ from a Standard Gliscor does about 35%) because most Gliscors run Toxic Orb variants, meaning I get a Hex boost to hit it with.

What set do you recommed on Landorus? I favor a Smack Down (or whatever) variant.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:34 pm

I'm not sure YOU realize that it doesn't OHKO after a protect with SS, plus if they run Speed EV's they'll get there EQ off, meaning no OHKO for yous, so what she's saying is right, and also he does a pretty good job against at least half your line up. Smack Down is okay...not great but okay I personally wouldn't even run it. Also that Ferro is very very susceptilble to WoW I mean yeah the Rocky helmet is boss and all but SpA like a Special Lucario or other such pokes even HP Fighting will just be like "Sup" and eventually wittle him down due to lack of leftys.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Typically, the scenario that I end up running into with Gliscors involves me either OHKOing with Deoxys' Ice Beam mid game or foddering Excadrill after a Rock Slide or 2 to send in Jellicent for the kill. What I'm saying, Safi, is that under the circumstances of the battle, Water Spout will typically take care of the Gliscor in one hit, one way or another. If I'm unfortunate enough to be put in a position where I take lots of SS, oh well. However, most Gliscors Taunt on the first turn, for if they don't, they know that most Jellicents will Burn them before they get off the Poison. Also, most pros know that Protect should only be used on a Pokemon that absolutely needs it. Things like Blaziken and Gliscor don't really find a use for Protect other than their effects, which, in Gliscor's case, is a one time thing. That said, Gliscor would only have 3 useful slots left for the rest of the game. Unless they want to stall with Poison Heal and Protect, I don't see them doing much else other than EQ or Taunt. And more Taunt than EQ, at that.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:47 pm

I mean that after EQ damage, water spout is no longer a 0hko, and that with no defense EVs, jelly will take more damage from EQ. It doesn't matter too much though. Landorus can be banded, scarfed, or use a LO.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:37 pm

Okay. I get what you mean. Can someone post a set for Landorus? I'm probably going to use a Band or a Life Orb. Scarf is good, but it doesn't pack much power.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Choice Band -

252/252/4, jolly
-EQ
-U-turn
-Stone Edge/hammer arm
-HP ICe(?)/hammer arm

I'd still go with scarf though, as sandforce gives landorus a decent boost to its attacks.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:10 pm

/necro?

Anyway. I need a suitable replacement for Excadrill. Because.... the metagame is homosexual. And neither Landorus nor Stoutland work.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:34 pm

Deoxys-S was banned too, I believe.

It's hard to find a good replacement for exca, but if Landorus and Lando-T don't work, you could give terrakion a shot as your fast, physical sweeper. Sorry for the short rate, but I'm leaving for yet another trip and don't have that much more time.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Yeah. This team is pretty much trashed now. I'll leave the RMT up for Dream World, but at this point, both of its main sweepers have been banned. Smogon is a beautiful thing, y'know?
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down