Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 Nightmare Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 Sb10 Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 21o6g49

Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta.

+6
L
Lynjabear
buckthefuffalo
Zai
Awakening
Frashu
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 Empty Re: Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta.

Post by Frashu Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:46 pm

L wrote:Well he would still be way too OU. Grass type moves are relatively common. Also the point still stands that it makes no sense. >_>

He wouldn't be at the top of OU, and there are only 5 Grass types in OU that are worth mentionable. You don't even have to bring grass types on your team that much anymore because everything dies to lol dragons. The only 2 Pokemon that Grass types severely counter would be Jellicent and Gastrodon, and Grass is the most easily countered type in the game with it's coverage.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta. - Page 2 Empty Re: Add one thing to the Pokemon Meta.

Post by L Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:09 pm

IT WOULD STILL BE RETARDEEEEEEED. lol.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:33 pm

It really wouldn't. Azumarill gets Sap Sipper. Pure Power is better though, so no point in having it.

Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:50 pm

L wrote:Tim....that makes NO sense what so ever....If swampert has sap sipper it would be uber no questions asked. Banned from the meta. That would be rediculous. That is pretty much eliminating it's biggest weakness. All pokemon have to have weaknesses. Sap sipper belongs on grass types and MAYBE JUST MAYBE on bug types. I said maybe. But not on a freaking ground/water type.... -.-'

Also damp is useful when someones pokemon tries to blow up in your face. :3

Not really. I agree with evan, that it wouldn't make much of a difference. Take for instance Seaking, which has a cool lightning immunity because of lightningrod, but has so low base stats no one would ever use it. People would recognize that it has sap sipper, and it'd just be another mediocre pokemon no resistances, similar to a pokemon like levitate Rotom-H or Eeleektross. His base stats and offenses are just too mediocre to be much of a threat. Swamp'd never stand up to the uber tier, though he could make a useful counter to ferro (How ironic).
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:38 pm

I'd honestly agree with stat and movepool remakes to certain Pokemon.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:31 pm

It's easy to say "Well, X could use Y move/ability/stat increase(s)/mechanic change and then he'd be usable!" but what about NERFING other Pokemon to make the game a little more balanced? I'd prefer it to a power creep or other Pokemon getting boosts so that they can be OU too. Obviously with so many Pokemon balance would still be pretty horrid, but I can't imagine it being much worse than what it is now and the direction it's going in.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:43 pm

I agree with nerfing certain Pokemon but I STRONGLY believe they should nerf Hurricane to 100 base power.

...damn Tornadus.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zai Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:03 am

Lol you said nerfing

Zai
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Or, give lanturn wish and kill tornadus and t-dus with it Very Happy
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Zai Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:21 pm

Escavalier with Gyro Ball

Zai
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:27 am

Bleh. Thundurus with Thunder and Hurricane. OOOOOOOOOOOR, Psycho Boost Latios.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:18 am

lets take strong pokemon and make them stronger
yaaaaaaay
Give Druddigon slightly more base speed, larger base HP stat, and a stronger stat boosting move over Hone Claws. I don't believe it gets DD, so that would give it a large boost. Bulk Up could also work, and it would make him one of the bulkiest dragons around.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:37 pm

I think flygon earns dragon dance. Or quiver dance. Or a boosting move other than hone claw >.>

Flygon could use roost and have a bulky DD set, similar to dragonite without multiscale but no liablity to SR and better STABs. Flygon could also use better attack.

On a more serious note, some pokemon need a better movepool. Such as liligant and Jalorda, who have pretty much no coverage except for STAB and hidden power.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Lynjabear wrote:I think flygon earns dragon dance. Or quiver dance. Or a boosting move other than hone claw >.>

Flygon could use roost and have a bulky DD set, similar to dragonite without multiscale but no liablity to SR and better STABs. Flygon could also use better attack.

On a more serious note, some pokemon need a better movepool. Such as liligant and Jalorda, who have pretty much no coverage except for STAB and hidden power.

Lilligant is OP, but Jalorda (Serperior) is in need of a buff. People were like "Leaf Storm that RAISES your Special Attack? BAN IT NAO!" But then they realized that Serperior's stats are absolutely shitty and inadequate. If I were to boost Serperior, I would nerf his Attack and Special Defense a little and give him a Special Attack boost. His speed isn't special either, but it's not a huge detriment to his playability.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Forget his stats, they are actually fine. 113 speed is perfect for outpacing base 110's but he can't do anything to them. He needs DRACO METEOR. (lol) Or ice beam. Or flamethrower. Even dragon pulse would be nice (doesn't he look like a dragon??)
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Lynjabear wrote:Forget his stats, they are actually fine. 113 speed is perfect for outpacing base 110's but he can't do anything to them. He needs DRACO METEOR. (lol) Or ice beam. Or flamethrower. Even dragon pulse would be nice (doesn't he look like a dragon??)

It's like Heatran with Dragon Pulse. Unless Draco Meteor (another +2? trollface.jpg) was introduced, a Dragon attack would be wasteful. Ice Beam would be fun. That would make a nice little synergetic movepool.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:47 pm

But since when the fuck do Strait Grass types get Ice Beam? Or Flamethrower?
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:06 pm

You guys know Serp gets Dragon Pulse from a tutor in Black 2, right?
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:07 pm

Well, he looks like a dragon. Pure Grass types always have sucky movepools (remember Meganium?)

It's unfair how octillery gets thunderbolt, ice beam, flamethrower, flash cannon, gunk shot, psychic, sludge wave, water spout, energy ball, fire blast, charge beam, rock blast, bullet seed...

EDIT - Serp gets dragon pulse?
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Lynjabear wrote:Well, he looks like a dragon. Pure Grass types always have sucky movepools (remember Meganium?)

It's unfair how octillery gets thunderbolt, ice beam, flamethrower, flash cannon, gunk shot, psychic, sludge wave, water spout, energy ball, fire blast, charge beam, rock blast, bullet seed...

What's a Meganium? What's an Octillery?
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Lynjabear wrote:Well, he looks like a dragon. Pure Grass types always have sucky movepools (remember Meganium?)

Indeed. It got Dragon Pulse. Now it MAY have a niche in OU, but it still has to decide whether to punish Heatran or if it should punish Ferrothorn with Hidden power Fire and Ground.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Flash wrote:

Indeed. It got Dragon Pulse. Now it MAY have a niche in OU, but it still has to decide whether to punish Heatran or if it should punish Ferrothorn with Hidden power Fire and Ground.

Ferrothorn is more easily countered, while Heatran is more of a threat. Heatran typically carries a Balloon, so Serperior is really not a good choice for countering it. I would go with HP Fire, in case of Scizor.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:56 pm

HP fighting FTW!
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Lynjabear wrote:HP fighting FTW!

HP Fighting is a 3HKO on both Ferrothorn and Heatran, a 2HKO at +2, and an occasional OHKO at +4.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2