Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Ideas for new things to do EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Ideas for new things to do EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Ideas for new things to do EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Ideas for new things to do EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Ideas for new things to do EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Ideas for new things to do EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Ideas for new things to do EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Ideas for new things to do EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Ideas for new things to do EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Ideas for new things to do 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Ideas for new things to do Nightmare Ideas for new things to do Sb10 Ideas for new things to do 21o6g49

Ideas for new things to do

5 posters

Go down

Ideas for new things to do Empty Ideas for new things to do

Post by Diqlips Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:19 pm

So I have a few ideas for just new things to do on the site or things that could add stuff to it.

1) Pokemon RP Section (one that was here before). Basically this where you create a character and RP out going through the world of pokemon, similar to how the anime series is but in writing, and you can create threads where people meet, make friends, travel together, can do the battles on PO, etc. If anyone is unclear how this would work say something and I can write up a mini RP and post it as an example.

2) Things of the week/month. I know someone said they suggested Pokemon of the week before and I know it was kinda met with a meh type thing. However I thought of a way to expand this and maybe actually make it fun and viable. This is actually 3 suggestions. First would be pokemon of the week, where you release it on monday, and we have a tournament on Fri-Sun where people have to build a team with that pokemon in it, and then we use those teams in the tournament and the winner can get a prize or something like that. I was thinking of variations of this were there is also move of the week were you have to build a team where either the move has to be featured in the team (for not commonly used moved like destiny bond or fire charge or even more uncommonly used moves) or for more common moves it has to be used on every pokemon in the team. Then do a tournament at the end the same way as with the pokemon suggestions. The last one was where you do a Type of the week and you create a team where every pokemon includes that type and do the tournament for that week. Could also do of the month for each of these instead.

3) Pokemon Strategy Game. This came to me with how much everyone is talking about Conquest. We could add a section to the site were we have a map with territories on it (using one of the regions from pokemon, or more, or connecting, whatever that part isn't super important) and each person then declares themselves either a warlord, claiming a territory, or allies with someone who is a warlord creating an alliance. People then can invade other territories and take them over, auto getting if no one else own or having to win a best 2/3 match in PO server to take it from someone who owns the territory. People could ally with other pokemon kingdoms and all that, could end up being fun.

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Ideas for new things to do Empty Re: Ideas for new things to do

Post by Diqlips Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Double posting just to say I heavily heavily edited the first posted to add more ideas.

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:47 pm

1. Would be really cool if we had people who would back it and regularly participate.

2. Actually a nice twist on the bland PotW/M feature. Would be cool to do in the future and be something for members to participate in.

3. Sounds really fun but might be a bit complex for the way the site is now. If we get more members interested in strategy type games like this it could be a fun activity.

Also, don't forget that except for number two these are things a member could do if they wanted. I wouldn't have any problem with it. Overall neat suggestions, I like them.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:53 pm

We tried an RP before, and it just kinda... Died off. I'd love it if it can stay active.

I think that's the basis over all those ideas. If people show interest, it'll move on it's own. I'd be happy to help out.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Drathmar wrote:So I have a few ideas for just new things to do on the site or things that could add stuff to it.

1) Pokemon RP Section (one that was here before). Basically this where you create a character and RP out going through the world of pokemon, similar to how the anime series is but in writing, and you can create threads where people meet, make friends, travel together, can do the battles on PO, etc. If anyone is unclear how this would work say something and I can write up a mini RP and post it as an example.

2) Things of the week/month. I know someone said they suggested Pokemon of the week before and I know it was kinda met with a meh type thing. However I thought of a way to expand this and maybe actually make it fun and viable. This is actually 3 suggestions. First would be pokemon of the week, where you release it on monday, and we have a tournament on Fri-Sun where people have to build a team with that pokemon in it, and then we use those teams in the tournament and the winner can get a prize or something like that. I was thinking of variations of this were there is also move of the week were you have to build a team where either the move has to be featured in the team (for not commonly used moved like destiny bond or fire charge or even more uncommonly used moves) or for more common moves it has to be used on every pokemon in the team. Then do a tournament at the end the same way as with the pokemon suggestions. The last one was where you do a Type of the week and you create a team where every pokemon includes that type and do the tournament for that week. Could also do of the month for each of these instead.

3) Pokemon Strategy Game. This came to me with how much everyone is talking about Conquest. We could add a section to the site were we have a map with territories on it (using one of the regions from pokemon, or more, or connecting, whatever that part isn't super important) and each person then declares themselves either a warlord, claiming a territory, or allies with someone who is a warlord creating an alliance. People then can invade other territories and take them over, auto getting if no one else own or having to win a best 2/3 match in PO server to take it from someone who owns the territory. People could ally with other pokemon kingdoms and all that, could end up being fun.

All suggestions are great and welcome, especially if they have been well thought out!

All three of your ideas sound great, but to me, the second one sounds most feasible. We could have instead of a pokemon of the month, a type of the month which we could write an analysis for competitive play or create art. Every week, there would be a new pokemon of the week in that type that we could make sets for, art, etc as Drathmar suggested, Mon-Fri. For example, the type of the month could be poison, and maybe, week 1, pokemon of the week is Croagunk, 2, Nidoking, 3, Gengar. I'd like to add my own idea of having a moving sprite in the lefthand info coloumn as wel to this, which could change every week. And then we could have a monotype tournament at the end Very Happy!

The first suggestion is a great idea and well thought out, but I'm not sure how well RPs will work because our forums aren't generally too active.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:08 pm

We should work on making the League more active. We would need a set instruction list and a set way to battle. We can't go DS-PO-DS-PO all the time. Maybe just PO? Tell me if you like this.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down