Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Ideas for tournies  EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Ideas for tournies  EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Ideas for tournies  EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Ideas for tournies  EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Ideas for tournies  EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Ideas for tournies  EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Ideas for tournies  EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Ideas for tournies  EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Ideas for tournies  EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Ideas for tournies  5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Ideas for tournies  Nightmare Ideas for tournies  Sb10 Ideas for tournies  21o6g49

Ideas for tournies

3 posters

Go down

Ideas for tournies  Empty Ideas for tournies

Post by Diqlips Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:06 pm

I had an idea for a tourney that might be slightly different. Not sure if you have done it before but would anyone be interested in doing a draft tourney? I know they use to have them on PO and I can easily find/write a java program to pick the pokemon randomly. Basic idea is you take number of participants x 6 + number of participants amount of pokemon, picked randomly from all pokemon not in NFE or LC and then you have a random order and you draft 1 by 1 through them until everyone has a team of 6 then you battle.

New tourney ideas:

Simple no-item tourney were your team cannot use any items. Simplest one.

Type Connection Tourney. This is one where each pokemon in your team has to share a type with at least one other pokemon in your team. So lets say you start with a Jirachi in building the team. That means the next pokemon you pick has to be a steel or psychic type. Lets say you take celebi. That means the 3rd one has have at least one of the following types: steel, psychic, grass. Lets say you take roserade. Then the 4th would have to have one of the following typed: steel, psychic, grass, poison. Etc. Basically you have to be able to connect the typed for the pokemon together. Might even be better if you say you can only have 2 of each type... so if you have Jirachi and Celebi you could not have another psychic type so the 3rd would have to be grass or steel and if you chose roserade the 4th would then have to be steel or poison.

King of the Hill Tourney: Basically make a month long tourney were a King of the Hill is randomly chose to start with. Everyone then challenges that person until someone beats him and that person is the new king of the hill and everyone challenges them. You get 1 point for each battle you win while King of the Hill and at the end of the month (or week or 2 months or whatever time period) the person with the most points wins.

Anyway that is all the ideas for tournaments I have at the moment.

Last edited by Drathmar on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Ideas for tournies  Empty Re: Ideas for tournies

Post by Evan Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:49 pm

When you said Draft, I immediately thought of League of Legends, which brought me something to add onto this idea, but on a different scale.

Pokemon can be banned, similar to the draft mode of League of Legends. Each Participant would be able to ban one Pokemon per round (meaning the entire round comprised of every battle, not that specific battler's battle). Through this logic, we could have effectively an 8 Pokemon banlist if there were to be 8 people in the tourney.

And here's where Drath's Idea comes in.

Instead of drafting specific Pokemon, you draft the types instead, on a list of 1 to 17. Each type is assigned a number. Once one number is rolled, it is no longer a valid type to be used, and if it is rolled again, the person must reroll. Each person would then have to use the 6 types they rolled to create a team within the banlist set during the round.

Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Diqlips Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:13 pm

That is a cool idea as well even.

I also edited the first post to add 3 more tourney ideas.

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Wow, Drathmar, you come up with a lot of good ideas. Very Happy

Back in the old days of PL (Pokemon Lab), I used to participate in draft tournaments and they worked fairly well. I like that idea.

My favorite idea out of all of these is the "King of the Hill" tournament.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down