Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
OU whore team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
OU whore team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
OU whore team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
OU whore team EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
OU whore team EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
OU whore team EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
OU whore team EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
OU whore team EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
OU whore team EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
OU whore team 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o OU whore team Nightmare OU whore team Sb10 OU whore team 21o6g49

OU whore team

4 posters

Go down

OU whore team Empty OU whore team

Post by Jamie Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:47 am

Gengar @ BlackSludge
Ability: Levitate
Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack 252 Speed 4 Hp
Nature: Timid
-Substitute
-Shadowball
-Focus Blast
-Disable
Well this guys purpose is really just to get up a free Sub, and start sweeping. Disable is for Choice pokes. Lets say i suspect them to be scarfed and im already behind a sub. Re-sub then disable. Re-sub because they will be faster and disabl will probably Fail.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Ev's: 252 HP 100 Sp.Defence 152 Defence
Naure: Bold
-Softboiled(obviously)
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic
-Defence Curl
I know this set gets completly walled by Gengar, but a Gengar most likely thing it would do is focus blast. Then i can switch into my own and jusr completly avoid the attack.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Ev's: 252 HP 252 Defence 4 Sp.Defence
Nature: Impish
-StealthRocks/Spikes
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Whirlwind
Yeah, im not really sure weather to have Stealth Rocks or Spikes on this guy so leave a comment saying what you think. But really this guy is to set up entry hazards and whirlwind thing into it. Brave Bird can OHKO Volcarona (them expecting switch, set up quiver dance and get KO'd

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Nature: Modest
-Tri-Attack
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Fire]
Just one thing im curious about. Does Hidden Power get a doubled power boost from Adaptibility? but other than that its just a Sp.Sweeper with the bolt beam combo then if they do have magnezones then HP Fire can take them out.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Ev's: 252 HP 58 Defence 200 Sp.Defence
Nature: Careful
-Dragon Dance
-Roost
-Brick Break
-Dragon Claw
Same as last time really. But this time his purpose is to Come in on things like infrenape who destroy the SkarmBliss combo with resistance to both of there weaknesses. And obvoiusly he can come in on psyhicial attackers and Intimidate them.

Gurdurr or Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts and Trace
Ev's: 252 HP(for both) 252 Sp.defence(Gurdurr) 128 In both Defences for Porygon2
Nature: Careful for Gurdurr and Bold or Calm for Porygon2
Gurdurr:-Bulk up--Drain Punch--Mach Punch--Payback
Porygon2:-Recover--Psychic--Thunderbolt--Ice Beam/Hidden Power [Grass]
Yeah, i wasn't really decided on who to use out of these two...I know what your going to say use Conkeldurr not Gurdurr. Well It only has 20 less Defence Point with no Ev's and with both of them having max Sp.Defence there 20 less Again...Its HP at max are under 50 Difference and With Eviolite it can take more shot on the Sp.Defencive side of things.With Porygon2 i have psychic for fighting types and Thunderbolt for Gyarados'...Then i have Hidden Power grass for Gastrodons and Quagsires. Or Ice Beam for dragon with the x4 Weakness to it. Just state any changes to this whole team, and ill try them out.

Last edited by Jamie on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title)

Jamie
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

OU whore team Empty Re: OU whore team

Post by Jamie Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:32 am

I decided to go With Gurdurr. Just not to have 3 Normal types on the same team

Jamie
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:32 pm

First, it's good to tell the people who is usually thrown out first. A well structured team with just a little more changes, because I see the biggest Gengar weakness to your team.

Sure you can switch in Gengar on Focus Blast, but are you going to trust Speed Ties? I would suggest probably something like a Sweeper that can outspeed and kill it.(probably throwing out Porygon-Z sorry)

HP fire doesn't get the Adaptability boost. It only powers up moves it gets from STAB. Porygon-Z can be switched for something else really. (Mainly a sweeper like I said)

Now for Salamence. I like the synergy you threw in with BlissSkarm to beat down Mix Attackers that threaten the 2. Earthquake > Brick Break. Many Mix Attackers are weak to Earthquake. I also suggest running a more Speedy set for Salamence so he can outspeed Nidoking. (Which I see a significant weakness to).

Gurdurr I've tried myself. It's not the best Tank and it's Attack is Lackluster (even after a Bulk up) I suggest Conkeldurr with more rounded Defenses and Leftovers. Or just use Porygon-2.

All my ability to help your team out. Very Happy

Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Ok, so EQ on Salamence...And sure ill try out porygon2 instead of Gurdurr, But what sweeper would you recomend?

Jamie
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Actually, Flash, his Gengar outspeeds common Gengars. Most of those carry HP Fire, which needs 30 Speed IVs
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Actually, most gengar use 2 moves, Focus Blast and Shadow Ball, and Substitute. The last move differs. About 1/2 of the gengar (I think gengar is plural..) out there, and another good chunk uses pain split for blissey and destiny bond. HP Fire is usually just for jirachi and bronzong, and I often see thunderbolt in the last slot to handle bulky waters and skarm.

I'd say use dragonite instead of salemence, just like in your last RMT. (Did you even try it? D:) The few advantages salemence has over dragonite are speed, higher attack and special attack stats, and moxie. Your set actually uses none of these advantages. Dragonite has better natural bulk and a better tanking capacity in multiscale. Though salemence does pack intimidate, mulitscale is still better for taking physical hits. Also, salemence's special defense isn't helped by intimidate the way dragonite's multiscale works.

You have 3 walls, so I'd suggest some sort of toxic spiker for that.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:30 am

Ive never seen a Gengar with destiny bond, and anyway, ive never accutually used toxic spikes before

Jamie
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down