Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 Nightmare League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 Sb10 League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 21o6g49

League of Legends: GENERAL

+7
buckthefuffalo
Frashu
Aaron
Luck
Danye West
Qualna
Evan
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

League of Legends: GENERAL - Page 2 Empty Re: League of Legends: GENERAL

Post by Evan Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:43 pm

It does it from time to time. Not really worth taking a hissy fit over.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Awesome. Disconnect your Internet, restart your computer.
Reconnect your Internet.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Nami the tidecaller! For those of you who have heard about her, or play PBE, you should know what I'm talking about.

Now I know the basics of how to get a PBE account, but I don't really have it memorized.... How do you make a PBE account? You have to make an account at a certain date of the month and choose PBE or something, right? Could someone give me some instructions....?
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:26 pm

PBE is available on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd days of every month.

Signups that is. Once you have an account PBE is at your disposal.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by L Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Oh I know that much, I just needed to know the days it's open because I wasn't sure exactly. Very Happy Thanks!
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:12 am

Cool. I've been interested, so thanks.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Diqlips Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:33 pm

New Items and item changes released today and as AP Mid's are my main I have been looking at them with the new items. First here is a list of all the tier 3 (and some 2) items listed by their gold per AP cost:

Rabadon’s
Death Cap – 19.78 gold per AP
Morellonomicon – 29.33 gold per AP
Seraph’s Embrace – 30 gold per AP
Deathfire Grasp – 30 gold per AP
Zhonya's Hourglass - 31 Gold per AP
Will of the Ancients – 31.25 Gold per AP
Void Staff – 32.78 Gold per AP
Archangel’s – 33.75 Gold per AP
Lichbane – 37.5 Gold per AP
Shard of True Ice – 37.77 Gold per AP
Twin Shadows – 38 Gold per AP
Abyssal Scepter – 37.86 Gold per AP
Rod of Ages – 37.94 Gold per AP
Rylais Crystal Scepter – 38.81 Gold per AP
Liandras Torment – 41.43 Gold per AP
Athene’s Unholy Grail – 46.67 Gold per AP
Banner of Command – 48 Gold per AP
Spirit of Spectral Wraith – 60 Gold per AP

This means that if you want a pure damage build for the least amount of gold you want:

Rabadons, Morello's,
DFG, Will of the Ancients or Zhonya's, and Void Staff.

This gives you: 604.5 AP, 20% Spell Vamp (or Stasis and 50 armor), 35 CDR, 40% Mpen, DFG Active, 12 Mregen/5, and Morello's Passive.

This means you have decent mana regen, spell vamp, max CDR with masteries, burst with DFG, grevious wounds with morellos and really good AP.

The cost of the build is: 13595 (14195 with Zhonya's) + Boots, which is quite a bit, however it is the most efficient build for pure damage and decent passives. The reason Archangel's/Seraph's is skipped is its only worth it once stacked so only champions who can stack it quickly can make good use of it.

Some of the items have passives or actives worth looking at as well;

Archangel's/Seraph's: Really good if you can stack it fast, Which means people who spam spells or who spend mana continously, so Ryze, Anivia, Swain and a few others mostly will use it. If you can't stack it fast there are still better options.

Morellonomicon: Grievous Wounds changed to a passive and effects anyone you cast on under 40% health makes this a really good item for bursting people down or sustained mages as both can make use of it. Your 2nd or 3rd spell of burst will apply it most likely before healing and sustained same thing. This item is much better now just because of this and now with the adjusted cost making it one of the most gold efficient AP items in the game I think this is now a great item for any AP who uses mana, as they all benefit from CDR as well and mana regen. I would honestly say this can be a first item on many of them.

Seraph's Embrace: I can see this being really good on people like Anivia, Swain, Singed, Ryze, and maybe a couple others who spam a lot of spells and have mana. If they didn't change it and by the reading they did not, everytime your mana ticks for singed/swain/anivia spells you gain a stack. The active is also pretty good on all of them as well as it will help them survive, something they all benefit from and need. Really good on these 4 champs.

Deathfire Grasp: The gold per AP efficiency is great, and any AP can make use of it as all of them benefit from CDR and the increased magic damage over 4 seconds. This should be in any AP caster build now, as there is NO reason not to buy it on every single one of them.

Will of the Ancients: An often overlooked item, it has always been really good. It gives a total of 80 ability power and 20 % spell vamp. The vamp is better on sustained but even burst benefit from it. If you are not using an item lower than it in gold per AP efficiency for the passive you should be picking this up.

Void Staff: Same old same old, but with the changes to how penetration is calculated, it has become even better to stack with flat pen from Abyssal Scepter and Liandra's Torment.

Archangel's: See Seraph's

Lichbane: This item is really good on mages who like to auto attack between spells. Mages like TF and Lux especially whose passives benefit from this. Mages with long auto attacks like Annie and Anivia can also make some use of this though there are usually better items. However with the addition of the spellsword mastery these auto attacking mages have become quite a bit stronger. Both these on Diana are going to be fucking stupid.

Shard of True Ice: Meant to be an AP Support item, it really fills that role well I believe being fairly low cost (1700) keeps the gp/5 from kages, and has a nice aura and a nice active. I don't really see many mids buying this but I don't think it would be a horrible item if you need something cheap for AP either.

Twin Shadows: So, this item is pretty low on the Gold to AP efficiency list, however the active could be quite good to replace Rylais on people who want to stack the slow and Liandra's but don't need the health as honestly, if you don't need the health Rylais is a complete waste now IMO with this item, it has better AP to Gold efficiency, gives MR, and would be a decent early laning item buy if you plan on going Liandra's, without having to sink gold into the rylai's.

Abyssal Scepter: The gold to AP ratio efficiency on this is horrible, the cost is really high, and if you don't need the magic pen just get twin shadows. It gives 15 less MR and 20 less AP but you gain Move speed and the slow/sight active on it. This item is ONLY worth it if you plan on stacking Mpen with it, void staff, and liandra's.

Rod of Ages: Same old same old. Not really all that worth it, unless you are stacking mana for seraph's build or need the health and mana for someone like Anivia. Even on her I feel there are better buys.

Rylai's: Nothing has changed here. The slow is only good if you have a single target spell you can continuously cast to proc it, or need the health. For pure damage it costs way to much for the amount of AP it gives. Honestly I feel this should be looked at as more of an AP Bruiser item.

Liandra's Torment: It is a decent item, but ONLY if you don't use AoE spells or DoT's as then the effect is halved. It can be ok on those if you use Rylai's and it which would gives you the slow and so give you the normal effects but otherwise it is very meh. I would say Vladimir, Teemo, Kennen, Leblanc, Veigar, and Sion are about the only ones who super benefit from it. AP teemo with his blind dart would proc this, and it would stack with his poison making him even more stupid so definitely get it on him. It can be bought on others but I honestly feel that building straight AP is better as it is 5% of current health not max as well.

Athene's Unholy Grail: This item is ONLY good if you have HUGE mana problems in lane and cannot get blue buff. Honestly I don't even think Anivia and Swain should really be buying this after seeing the gold efficiency of it and the changes to morello's as I feel that item is a stronger item for them. Only buy this if you really really need the mana regen AND mr and not just one or the other as there are better items for both.

Banner of Command: This is an ok item for AP bruiser champions who want some resistances, or for AP supports who want to use the promote and do a fast push lane with the AD carry. Otherwise, skip it.

Spirit of Spectral Wraith: Only useful on AP Junglers who need the extra damage, otherwise skip it.

Zhonya's Hourglass (almost forgot it!): Same old item, really good for pure damage and the active and the armor. Buy this or Will on any build that won't use a lower gold efficiency item for the passive.

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Fucking maths nerd. <3
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Diqlips Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Why u no on Skype Sad

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:37 am

Nice. I'd love to play with the new items. Unfortunately, I cannot. Sad
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:01 am

I'll be doing a write up on ADCs later
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by thetimmon Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:35 pm

should i actually try to download this game?
thetimmon
thetimmon
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:42 pm

thetimmon wrote:should i actually try to download this game?

It's hella addicting. You might be good at it.
Give it a shot!
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Diqlips Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:30 pm

Since people seem to think Liandry's is OP or something, here is the breakdown of how much damage it does:

Base (single target spells) vs target with 1k health: 50
Double (when slowed single target spells) vs target with 1k health: 100
Halved (AoE spells and Dot's without slows) vs target with 1k health: 25

So it's literally 25/50/100 damage per 1k health... the magic pen and health are ok as well but the % damage is NOT as good as people think, especially as it's MAGIC damage which means it is reduced even lower by magic resist.

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:36 pm

It sounds pretty ridiculous on Swain, to be completely honest with you.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Diqlips Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:08 pm

it's not, it doesn't stack with itsellf at all, and it would be literally an extra 25-50 health per 1k health of the enemy which is nothing.

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Wait, it doesn't stack? That's retarded. Like, wow. Is there a cooldown? Because it sounds like an active Blackfire Torch...
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 am

Korasi wrote: Because it sounds like an active Blackfire Torch...
Except it's exactly like BFT with Magic Pen.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:28 am

tl;dr

liandri's is for single target mages, typically those who have high burst, or sustained damage, like teemo.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Diqlips Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:26 am

Safiliwen wrote:
Korasi wrote: Because it sounds like an active Blackfire Torch...
Except it's exactly like BFT with Magic Pen.

Except it's blackfire torch with less magic pen (BFT gives 20), BFT also gives 15% CDR and the damage isn't halved on DoT's and AoE's like Liandry's.

I did end up discussing Liandrys last night with Safi and another good player we lay with and while the %health passive is meh it does have decent all around stats for a mage and should be built more for the magic pen than the passive, and the health is always good on mages as well as they generally have a hard time finding it.

Anyone whose base damage is really high would make use of it, where as those with really good scaling but only ok bases would be better going straight AP.

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Diqlips Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:22 pm

So, just looked at some damage values for Kat using different builds... and here is the results:

Flat AP (DFG, Zhonya, Rab Cap, Void Staff, Will, Boots) (15195)

Damage vs 50 MR: 2690
Damage vs 100 MR: 2113.57
Damage vs 200 MR: 1479.5
Damage vs 300 MR: 1138.08
Damage vs 400 MR: 924.69

Pen Build (Liandrys, Abyssal, Void staff, Rab Cap, DFG,
Boots) (15145)

Damage vs 50 MR: 3373.2
Damage vs 100 MR: 2677.14
Damage vs 200 MR: 1703.63
Damage vs 300 MR: 1249.33
Damage vs 400 MR: 1008.42

Difference at 50 MR: 683.2
Difference at 100 MR: 563.57
Difference at 200 MR: 224.13
Difference at 300 MR: 111.25
Difference at 400 MR: 83.73

So both cost about the same, but as you see stacking magic pen is actually better now, though the more MR they have the closer they come in damage. However... what item should you buy first?
Here is a breakdown of damage (this is using all rank 5 skill as it's easiest to do but it should come out about the same for all ranks of a skill) on 3 starting paths that cost about the same gold:

Abyssal + Boots + Tome (90, 40 mpen) (4185)

Damage vs 50 MR: 1332.73
Damage vs 100 MR: 916.25
Damage vs 200 MR: 563.85
Damage vs 300 MR: 407.22
Damage vs 400 MR: 318.70

Boots + Rab Cap (150 ap, 20 mpen) (4300)
Damage vs 50 MR: 1312.31
Damage vs 100 MR: 947.77
Damage vs 200 MR: 609.29
Damage vs 300 MR: 448.95
Damage vs 400 MR: 355.42

Void
Staff + Boots + Blasting Wand (110, 40% and 20 mpen) (4195)
Damage vs 50 MR: 1387.27
Damage vs 100 MR: 1090
Damage vs 200 MR: 763
Damage vs 300 MR: 586.92
Damage vs 400 MR: 476.88

So while they are all somewhat close at 50 MR, at 100 MR and higher void staff clearly wins.

So... at least on kat, rushing void staff and boots with a blasting wand (which can be used for abyssal or deathcap) is actually the BEST starting path for her. Liandrys rush would actually be worse than Abyssal as its same AP but less penetration.

I am actually doing the math on the full build at the moment and trying to decide the best path to go and will post it when I am done but I wanted to post this now (also for my records since I am at work) and because I figured the people who actually play league might find it interesting.

I am also going to do this for MOST AP carries though I won't be posting all of them, just Kat but I will post when I am done and if anyone wants it they can PM me.

EDIT:

Finished figuring out whether you should go Abyssal or Rab Cap next (already have blasting wand so those are 2 next best options) and here are results:

Void + Boots + Rab Cap (238 ap, 40% and 20mpen)
Damage vs 50 MR: 1736.36
Damage vs 100 MR: 1364.29
Damage vs 200 MR: 955
Damage vs 300 MR: 734.62
Damage vs 400 MR: 596.88

Void + Boots + Abyssal + Tome (160 ap, 40% and 40 mpen)
Damage vs 50 MR: 1827.27
Damage vs 100 MR: 1395.83
Damage vs 200 MR: 930.55
Damage vs 300 MR: 697.92
Damage vs 400 MR: 558.33

So it is pretty much less than 100 damage difference either way, personally I would go for Abyssal + Tome because it also gives you MR on top of the damage where as Rab Cap is pure AP.
After that you can either finish the tome into Liandry's and buy a blasting wand (equal cost to rab cap) or just go straight rab cap, and here is results:

Void + Boots + Abyssal + Liandrys + Blasting Wand (250ap, 40% and 55 mpen)

Damage vs 50 MR: 2335.2
Damage vs 100 MR: 1853.33
Damage vs 200 MR: 1179.39
Damage vs 300 MR: 864.89
Damage vs 400 MR: 682.81

Void + Boots + Abyssal + Rab Cap + Tome (350 ap, 40% and 40 mpen)
Damage vs 50 MR: 2450.18
Damage vs 100 MR: 1871.67
Damage vs 200 MR: 1247.78
Damage vs 300 MR: 953.83
Damage vs 400 MR: 748.66

So Rab Cap clearly wins out (tome is still there from before)

So the Build would be: Void Staff, Abyssal Scepter + Tome, Rab Cap, Liandrys, DFG. That is the build in that order that will give you the most damage at all points of the game for Kat. Basically this shows that for Kat at least, rushing penetration (up to abyssal) and rushing Void first actually gives the most damage (which is due to the change they made to penetration where % takes effect first).

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:18 pm

Drathmar wrote:So both cost about the same, but as you see stacking magic pen is actually better now
Just to be the technical douche I am, since the new Kat change it's ALWAYS been better to stack Mpen =p
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Lololol. I've stacked Magic Pen, but everybody hated on me for it. Now, I know that I rushed Void Staff and that's bad, but with Haunting Guise and Void Staff and Sorcerer's Shoes... Everybody was like "You don't need all that!"
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Korasi wrote:Lololol. I've stacked Magic Pen, but everybody hated on me for it. Now, I know that I rushed Void Staff and that's bad, but with Haunting Guise and Void Staff and Sorcerer's Shoes... Everybody was like "You don't need all that!"

Korasi,

there's a time and place for everything!
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Flash wrote:
Korasi wrote:Lololol. I've stacked Magic Pen, but everybody hated on me for it. Now, I know that I rushed Void Staff and that's bad, but with Haunting Guise and Void Staff and Sorcerer's Shoes... Everybody was like "You don't need all that!"

Korasi,

there's a time and place for everything!

^thisthisthis^

Also, you rushed Void Staff on Ezreal, not Kat. Get out.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next