Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions Nightmare Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions Sb10 Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions 21o6g49

Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions

+2
Aaron
Qualna
6 posters

Go down

Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions Empty Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions

Post by Qualna Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Just some ideas I had for improving the site.

Problem Presented: It seems that a new punishment system is in order. Most offenders won't learn their lesson from a simple kick, and in some cases a full on ban will be too harsh.
Possible Solution: Institute a blacklisting system. In this system, those who make offenses or breaks the rules on a repeated basis will be put on the list with scores on how intense their offense is. Those put on the list will be restricted from certain site privileges (joining clans, participating in site wars, tournaments, posting rights, etc. That is up to the admins to decide on that extent). This will deter rulebreakers from making new accounts, as it would seem impractical to make a new stealth account just because one can't compete in tournaments. (Also place a posting/join-date limit on said activities to further reinforce this system)

Problem Presented: Normal members don't seem to trust the administration.
Possible Solution: Hire a public relations staff. I don't mean people are just nice in general, I mean those that will go OUT OF THEIR WAY and take the INITIATIVE to befriend members and lend a sympathetic ear. This will instill a relation of trust, and increase the appreciation of our management.

Problem Presented: People have problems, but won't spill out with it.
Possible Solution: Start an anonymous asking booth topic. An appointed admin or mod will start a topic telling people to PM them their grievances or problems and address them in the topic without revealing the sender's name. This will give members a stronger sense of security in dealing with the things/people they have trouble with.

Problem Presented: Posting Inactivity. It seems there aren't enough topics that seem to be worth replying to, whether it's something trivial, lacking intellect, or topics that aren't controversial enough.
Possible Solution: It seems the more intellectual are the ones having this grievance and are the ones that has an issue with it. Well, if it bothers you so much, then you can go ahead and make a topic that will spark up discerned interest. It can be regarding global news, popular controversies (be careful of this one), or an interesting story in the Scribe's Corner. I don't have a strong problem with this issue, I just wish people would actually think before posting, and formulate their sentences to make it not seem like it was typed by a four-year-old.

Problem Presented: Clans not having enough significance.
Possible Solution: We have a clan system for people to join, but ultimately, so what? It doesn't seem like people are getting anything out of it, and there hasn't been enough feudal heat to start up clan wars. I propose we make a rewarding system, promoting the most dominant clan in a given period. Granting Dream Tokens to the winners of wars, and making a scoreboard to give a clan a record they can be proud of.

Problem Presented: We're a competetive battling site. Where the hell is our league?
Possible Solution: Well it's obvious isn't it? Start the applications, hire 8-12 gym leaders and the Elite Four, and give the intended purpose back to this site. It doesn't matter if we don't have enough participating members, what matters is that it has to be THERE.

Problem Presented: Not enough chatbox activity. I really wish we didn't have to sit there putting periods and slashes just because we don't have anything to say.
Possible Solution: Host chatbox events. I remember performing a live IS session one day and it kept the players busy for a good hour or so. I'm not saying it has to be an IS, it could be a trivial quiz, or some type of scavenger hunt. I don't know. But this is an area that just begs for creativity.

That's all I have for now. This topic may be updated as I address more issues.
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

https://www.youtube.com/acheronpride

Back to top Go down

Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions Empty Re: Qualna's Fancy New Suggestions

Post by Aaron Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:24 pm

I, for one, am starting to resent the resistance going on around here. These are some great ideas, and I am the first one to post even though the entire site knows about this. That's pretty lame, guys. Affirm Qualna's ideas, or at least give suggestions. Geez.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by nightmareforums Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:25 pm

These are some nice ideas Qualna. We will be sure to use them. Thank you.
nightmareforums
nightmareforums
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:42 am

To go off your lack of forum activity concept, its a matter of knowing who your demographic is. Appealing to even a small amount of members may Inspire others to write about THEIR own interests. I know it's very common with me.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:56 pm

I definitely think we could use that blacklist idea. That's the one that really sticks out in the set as something we urgently need. The public relations and anonymous booth are high up there too. Great ideas overall.

Last edited by buckthefuffalo on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:36 pm

I agree with both of you on the Blacklist.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by griffin★ Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:07 pm

About the blacklist idea...
Does forumotion have a warn meter? I'm not sure if it does (it might) ... but a warn meter solves that o3o If somebody breaks a rule etc., they get warned x% for it and once the warn meter is at 100% that person is banned for y amount of time. And at certain points, they lose some privileges automatically without admins having to do it.

*huggles myBB* The warn meter is amazing =w=
griffin★
griffin★
Dream
Dream

http://sweetcharm.net/forums

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Korasi, I have sent you a PM in reply to your last post as to not turn this useful thread into an argument. The parts of our posts that did not contribute to the discussion have been edited or deleted.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down