Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow Nightmare Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow Sb10 Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow 21o6g49

Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow

+3
Aaron
Awakening
buckthefuffalo
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow Empty Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Just a friendly reminder that a Pokemon Direct is being held tomorrow on September 4 at 7 AM EST.

As for discussion, what are you expecting or wanting to be revealed? What do you think of what was shown (after it's been broadcast)?
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow Empty Re: Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow

Post by Awakening Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:56 pm

I'll be off from college tomorrow, so I'll be watching it live. I'll post what happens.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow Empty Re: Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow

Post by Aaron Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:04 am

I'm hoping more Mega Evolutions are being released. Additionally, I hope that they release a plush to line along with DLC.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:32 am

Okay so

You will not just receive Chespin, Fennekin, or Froakie. Those you get from your rival Trevor.

Prof. Sycamore will give you Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle. Which you can evolve all the way to Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise

All whom now Mega Evolve. Mega Venusaur has Thick Fat, Mega Charizard has Drought, and Mega Blastoise has a new Ability called Mega Launcher, which is supposed to make its moves more powerful.

Additionally, there are now two DLC being introduced.

One is Pokemon Bank, a software that will allow you store 3,000 Pokemon on the internet. It will require a yearly fee, but it will be compatible with all the future games.

The second is Pokemon Transfer, confirming that Gen V is transferrable. From what I saw, this isn't a paid DLC. I'd be shocked if it was, really. Edit: Apparently you must get Poke Bank before getting Poke Transfer. It seem to be coming out at the end of December.

Finally, the X and Y special 3DS XLs will be released in North America and Europe on the 27th of this month.

Last edited by Awakening on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:53 am

Sorry to double Post, but I'd like to also report this that was found on the official site regarding Poke Transferer and Bank:

"Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes."

Looks like you'll have to make those Genned Pokemon expertly now if they're going all out with figuring who's hacked and who's not.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:01 pm

All that means is you can now only 3 IVs at 31 which is the legal maximum so it doesn't change a whole lot.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Also hidden IDs and shit. Looks like it's time to stop competitive battling seriously and you pussies can fight me with my un-EV'd Kingler faggots.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:39 pm

Well I guess we can start appreciating those days were we had Hidden Power type just handed to us. Competitive is going to need extreme measures.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:42 pm

I accept your challenge with my un EV'd Zubat
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:51 pm

I will come up with a way to fake this shit. I will. I might have to do in-game EVing. Such as using a wild encounter code and then just doing an EV selection code from there, along with a nature changer, a TM move tutor, and an IV selector. That way all of the 5thlove Gen mports would be "legit" as far as their apparent identification standards go.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:16 pm

At that point you may as well just be breeding rofl it'd be less soft resetting.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:09 pm

No soft resetting necessary. Just use a code for the encounter you want, and whether it should be shiny or not.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:36 pm

I'm on about the entire process not just getting the thing.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:02 pm

I have a feeling people are gonna try gen'ing and transporting Pokemon from 5th gen and tinker until they have it done well enough. That is, unless you get blacklisted or banned or something for attempting to transfer a hacked Pokemon.

What'd you guys think of the new mega evolutions? I feel like Venusaur will be relatively useless without Chlorophyll. Also not too crazy about his design. Charizard's seems simple enough I guess as far as design goes, but I wonder if the temptation of another Drought user will make him prevalent, or if his glaring SR weakness will still hold him back. I think Blastoise's uses (if it does get any) will come with its Mega Form stats, since its ability is kinda underwhelming.

All I know is that I don't want another generation of weather.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:26 pm

Sun is about to get a lot worse. It will begin to look like Tyranitar/Hippowdon Sand. However, Charizard is NU for a reason (may be UU or BL now): It is easily silenced by common OU threats.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:43 pm

New Charizard would have to be fast as shit for it to be usable, because SR weakness 2big4me

EDIT: What happened to not having to pay for DLC? Personally, I think it's kind of douchey for that. It's not even optional for the people who want to transfer Pokemon over. I don't understand why either. Why not just give people more box space. What's so wrong with that?
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:13 pm

That's like saying "I have to buy a 3DS and Dream Radar just to get legit Therians?". Nintendo is a world wide company. They know they can extort you for more of your parents' money, and they'll do it with a smile on their money-grubbing gookshit faces.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:18 am

Iirc, they distinctly said we will not make you pay for DLC.
don't remember where tho
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:26 am

I remember that during the Round Table they said that paid DLC was something they hoped wouldn't be asked back then, so they replied somewhere along the lines that only they were looking into it. Same with transferring from Gen V
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:33 am

Evan wrote:EDIT: What happened to not having to pay for DLC? Personally, I think it's kind of douchey for that. It's not even optional for the people who want to transfer Pokemon over. I don't understand why either. Why not just give people more box space. What's so wrong with that?
Technically the whole package (Bank + Transfer) isn't really DLC. It's more like an online service. Think Pokemon Box only online, and it doesn't cost $30 upfront.

The problem isn't box space, it's having a way to transfer Pokemon from older generations (many of which I assume you won't be able to get in X/Y) that works with the 3DS. Even though I have two 3DS's, I like it better this way because if they had done it any other way, it would have required having 2 systems. So it was pretty much either this or everyone shells out money for another 3DS, and most people probably don't have more than one. Could they have made it completely free anyway? Maybe, but I don't know how much cloud servers/services cost to maintain, especially at a capacity that would allow potentially over a million people to use it simultaneously.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:38 am

To add to that, you should be able to do things like starting over your game and still have your Pokemon available from the first run. As a person who likes to restart a lot, it just makes it really convenient.

It's a much better investment than My Poke Ranch which only applied to literally Diamond and Pearl, or Pokemon Box. I think so anyway.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:30 am

How much are these services? Because it honestly sounds like a ploy for serious players to have to shell out even more cash. Hence every other generation having a built-in method of transfer to the following generation.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:07 am

or you could just make a free transfer app
that works too
not like there aren't already apps that interact with the games.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:00 pm

It's 500 Yen/$5.

A year.

Anyway, what do you guys think about having Kanto Starter available? Are you going to use the one you choose?

I want to get Squirtle a lot for Mega Blastoise, but I don't want to use another Starter other than Chespin. Not on the same team, anyway.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:12 pm

I'll probably get WyvernZard. I will most likely get Chespin as well. However, I may choose ForestSaur and Fennekin. Because ForestSaur has Thick Fat and is thereby only weak to Psychic type attacks. The More You Know.

Five dollars isn't bad. I though it was like twenty.

I'll most likely camp out GameStop on the eleventh. Because pro
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next