Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
My First Team in a Long Time EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
My First Team in a Long Time EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
My First Team in a Long Time EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
My First Team in a Long Time EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
My First Team in a Long Time EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
My First Team in a Long Time EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
My First Team in a Long Time EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
My First Team in a Long Time EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
My First Team in a Long Time EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
My First Team in a Long Time 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o My First Team in a Long Time Nightmare My First Team in a Long Time Sb10 My First Team in a Long Time 21o6g49

My First Team in a Long Time

2 posters

Go down

My First Team in a Long Time Empty My First Team in a Long Time

Post by DTrain5742 Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Here is a team I've been using in the OU ladder on PO. It's ok but not that great. It could use a lot of help. Thanks, DTrain

My First Team in a Long Time 567
Archeops (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Archeops usually leads off because he can surprise a lot of people and either OHKOs many opposing leads, or uses his superior speed to U-Turn out to set up a better match-up. This team can switch into almost anything, so U-Turn serves me very well. Stone Edge and Earthquake provide coverage, while a Flying Gem boosted Acrobatics is almost as powerful as Gen IV Explosion. Even after the Gem is used up, Archeops can deal massive damage. If not for his ability crippling him at 50% and below, he would be nigh unstoppable. Would really benefit from Wish and Rapid Spin support, especially Spin, since Rocks take 25% each time he switches in.

My First Team in a Long Time 448
Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

The main sweeper on the team. He comes in and cleans up once everything that can stop him is dead or worn down. Close Combat, Swords Dance, and E-Speed are standard moves, and Ice Punch takes care of his two most common counters, Gliscor and Landorus. He doesn't have a lot against Ghost types, so I try to pick them off first with my other Pokemon. Benefits heavily from T-Wave support and Rocks.

My First Team in a Long Time 381
Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Surf

Perhaps the most powerful special attacker in the tier, almost nothing can take a Specs Draco Meteor. He has all the standard coverage moves. The fact that HP Fire costs him the speed tie against other Base 110s is highly unfortunate, but he really needs a fire move, so it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. He really benefits from team preview because I know when I can lock into a move and just cruise through the remaining pokemon.

My First Team in a Long Time 485
Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Heatran has a lot of natural bulk, while also being a very powerful special attacker. He is probably the most versatile pokemon in OU, at least in my opinion. He sets up rocks pretty well, although I don't get them up as consistently as I would like. I'll probably switch his third attack slot to HP Ice since it does more against Dragonite and Salamence. He switches in to fire attacks aimed at Ferrothorn to get the flash fire boost and starts wrecking things. Flamethrower is chosen over Fire Blast for the improved accuracy, although it's certainly up for debate. Earth Power is Heatran's best coverage move against many types.

My First Team in a Long Time 598
Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn does a great job of providing the team with Spikes and Thunder Wave support. Having only one attacking moveslot can be a pain, but Taunt seems to be a lot less prevalent this gen, meaning he can usually set something up. He lacks a reliable form of recovery, so Leech Seed + Leftovers is needed to greatly increase his survivability. The support he provides can make a sweep from Lucario or Archeops much more possible.

My First Team in a Long Time 80
Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Slack Off

Slowbro completely walls basically all fighting types and shuts them down with burns from Scald. He can live through an Outrage from one of the big dragon types and retaliate hard with Ice Beam. Psychic is great for hitting Conkeldurr, which doesn't care about being burned thanks to Guts. Slack Off completes the set, giving him some reliable recovery, in addition to regenerator, which makes him extremely difficuly to kill.

Last edited by DTrain5742 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:01 pm; edited 6 times in total

DTrain5742
New to the Nightmare
New to the Nightmare

Back to top Go down

My First Team in a Long Time Empty Re: My First Team in a Long Time

Post by Frashu Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Since you're a new member, I'll just let you know it'd be great if you added a description to the team so we can get an idea of what each member was supposed to do.

I'll try it out to see any faults with the team, since I can't really see any right off the bat.

Welcome to the Forum by the way!
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down