Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this Nightmare big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this Sb10 big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this 21o6g49

big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this

5 posters

Go down

big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this Empty big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this

Post by thetimmon Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:09 am

i just feel like starting a discussion about naruto, fairy tail, bleach, one piece, any long running anime that come to mind.. hm i'd classify "long running" as having 65ish episodes and no end in sight. while im not fully versed in any long running anime. i do know the basic plots. of the four listed above (naruto: "ninjas".
fairy tail: hm, magic? + tits.
bleach: dragon ball Z minus constipation + tits + swords
one piece: never ending saga of "BECOMING THE PIRATE KING!")
fairy tail is from a very reliable source on the internet on episode 200ish
naruto shippuden is on 300 near 400 from some very reliable person end in like 5000 episodes or something? if we are counting naruto when they were kids, we would have around 500-600 episodes
bleach ended at 310ish last time i heard manga still going i heard as well last time i heard.
one piece: 600-700ish? no end in sight thats for sure.
im not a fan of these shows because they are too long. i could barely sit through the last 13ish episodes of FMA brotherhood if it wasnt for the epic climax. well, i also had no sleep for a weekish like 2 hours i marathoned both FMA and brotherhood in a week so i was also tired as i am the lolicon eating popcorn with chocolate syrup on it so i did a lot of questionable things... alhough that popcorn was actually pretty good...
thetimmon
thetimmon
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this Empty Re: big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this

Post by buckthefuffalo Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:35 pm

The problems I have with the big three is that they all use the same tropes present in shounen. My personal peeve is when a character (usually MC) is losing a battle, and then they get saved by either pulling out some new power or someone else showing up to the fight (Bleach did this a LOT). 

Another thing is that, because of their length, it's generally a much better idea to just read the manga. No fillers and you don't have to deal with the 23~ minute pacing when you could make much more progress with the manga in that time. One Piece would be absolutely awful to drag through now, but the manga probably wouldn't take more than a week to catch up if you have a lot of free time.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this Empty Re: big three/long running anime discussion? (sorry not sure if anyone has done this

Post by Aaron Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:55 pm

I've always followed the mangas. Naruto is closing, Bleach is nearing a close, and so is One Piece. They're all really pandering for plots at this point. Nevertheless, I've been a degree of Naruto and Bleach fan since around day one that they hit this country.

I completely agree with Buck, as there's rarely ever a time when the hero is in danger that he is ever allowed to get fucked up like everyone else in the story. Bleach always had some sort of enemy-turned-ally that would save the day, or some rehabilitated friend discovered the true meaning of his (after)life and with it an incredible power. Naruto, on the other hand, is full of the characters using morals to solve fatal situations. Naruto's about to get fucked off by Pein in the manga? Let's talk about it! The longest running pivotal point in the manga (from volume 27 to around volume 68) is about to end the world? Let's talk about it! One Piece is nearly unbearable. At least
Spoiler:
and
Spoiler:
. Otherwise, it's just another series about the development of the powers of friendship. I personally kinda liked Inuyasha, because at least the main characters were allowed to die/had the ability to kill.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by thetimmon Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:38 am

well, i found an anime called "D. gray man" on netflix, thinking it was just going to be 52 episodes, (of course, i was wrong) it "ended" on a cliff hanger, so i decided to look into to, and behold, it's actually 103 episodes and still has a desu load of manga, and apparently attack on titan is supposed to be very long as well, so let's hope they cut out annoying desu, or the crap that doesnt help the plot whatsoever when and if they ever decide to make a season 2 oh, and to what buck said about the MC getting saved by either a giant new magical fart or other overpowered character, i gotta say, that didn't really annoy me when i watched these shows, but looking back, the character that saves their ass usually kills them one slice 
Spoiler:
thetimmon
thetimmon
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:51 pm

I started Fairy Tail when it was only on 5 episodes, I was naive to think it was going to be a short series. I do think it is better than most of the long running animes, which such a diverse set of characters and stories. But I guess since I started when it was new it kinda stayed with me. 

I did try Bleach and found it so boring and the main character is not interesting at all. I did like Naruto when I went through my Ninja phase, I really wanted to be a ninja when I grew up. But after I realised there was no job available for ninjas nor could actual ninjas do anything like in the anime, my interested kinda flopped like a gay guy at a soroity. And One piece, a part from luffy I found all the other characters to be really boring and lacking any sort of emotion. It was hard to relate to their problems. I never had my village attacked by a half man half shark being and killed my family. Sorry Nani. 
I loved Dragon Ball when it was around.
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:49 pm

The big 3 are pretty much like the big 3 Sins of Anime and what NOT to do. Mainly because they all suffer from the same problems. I'll generally steer clear of them, the only exception I've personally had to that rule is Fairy Tale but even that falls into a lot of the big 3 tropes.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down