Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. Nightmare This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. Sb10 This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. 21o6g49

This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it.

2 posters

Go down

This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. Empty This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it.

Post by Jamie Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dirzzle
Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Nature: Modest
-HydroPump
-Focus Blast
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Grass]
This set i got from Evo's water gym team, his choice scarf politoed, but i added HydroPump instead of surf, ive got Focus Blast for Ttars thinking i cant touch them when they have sand up then boom focus blast Ohko's a max HP max Sp.def Ttar in the sand.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack 252 HP 4 Defence
Nature: Modest
-Rest
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Electric]
Well i was thinking i was gonna have Wish, Protect, Surf and Ice Beam, but then i remember it can't have Egg moves with DW abilitys, So i hought ith Hydration and Rest i can recover full Hp and be safe from any status at all.

Lapras @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Ev's: 252 HP 252 Sp.Defence
Nature: Adamant
-Curse
-Rest
-WaterFall
-Ice Shard
Well, this one is similar to Vaporeon except psysical, i gave it Ice shard instead of any other psysical ice moves for Choice Scarfed Dragon's and Flying types with Fighting or rock moves, like Flygon with Stone Edge, Staraptor with CloseCombat. Ect.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Ev's: 252 HP 128 Defence 128 Sp.Defence
Nature: Calm/Bold
-Volt Switch
-Scald
-ThunderWave
-ConfuseRay
At this point i was like my team is too weak to Electric and Grass so i got rid of the electric typing with this guy who has Volt Absorb, This does get fucked up by things like Porygon2 and Trace, becuase all i can do is Confuse them then switch.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Ev's: 252 HP 58 Defence 200 Sp.Defence
Nature: Careful
-Dragon Dance
-Roost
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
Salamence is my fav poke atm and it fits quiet well in this team, as it resists Grass x4, and it natural to Electric. Its still the same as before because it works well, Flash saw it take a HP [Ice]from a Rotom Heat.

Toxicroak @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
Ev's: 252 Speed 252 HP
Nature: Jolly
-BulkUp
-Drain Punch
-SuckerPunch
-Substitute
This guy also resist Grass and is nutural to Electric, Other than that its only really a filler, if you've got any alternative Pokes then post.

Epic i did try Dragonite, but i really had Salamence for the Intimidate. If i didn't want the Intimidate then i would have gone for Dragonite, Oh and your advice on Deoxys was good, focus blast misses alot and SuperPower never really misses, so yeah. Anyone who does post, i do take your advice and try them out. Because everyone has good advice and something to offer.
Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No

Jamie
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. Empty Re: This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it.

Post by Lynjabear Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Jamie, I tested the team out a few times on PO and made some changes that I felt worked better with the win-loss ratio and such. Here's the team on PO exported to text, changes made in bold.

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Nothing changed here. I once experimented with a choice specs set to be slower than some Ttar variants, but it wasn't slower than many, so I decided to keep it like this. I also liked the ability to outspeed thunderus as well.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rest
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- HP Elec

I really liked the idea of an offensive vaporeon. The only thing I changed here was the EVs. Because this vaporeon's not a wish passer, I gave it more defense EVs to weather physical shots better, as vaporeon's defense isn't greatn naturally, so the beefing up of the defense EVs really helped. I met a few Rotom-Ws and Quagsires down the road, making me want to change the electric HP to grass though.

Gorebyss (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Amnesia
- Iron Defense
- Baton Pass
- Rest

I exchanged this for the Lapras after a few battles. Although I loved the lapras, (and I even came up with a very similar set a while back with Curse + HydraRest) I found that it couldn't stand up to boosted hits from both sides of the spectrum. I had a major problem with fast boosters, as for every +1 defense I recieved with curse, the opponent got +2, and with roopushin and foe toxicroak. Also, I noticed that the team had issues with Rotom W, except for lanturn, and every time I sent lanturn out, the opponent switched before it could do anything. Even though it took away an electric immunity, the boosts were VERY useful.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Focus Punch
- Spore

I'm really sorry to say that I took salemence out, but I found that on this specific team, breloom works better. Breloom's grass typing is very useful synergy wise with all of the water types on the team, but the best part about this was to kill tyranitar. There are many, many sandstorm teams out there, and because of politoed's choice scarf, each time sand comes up instead of rain. I always switch to breloom because the tyranitar will always switch out, when I can substitute up and then proceed to either leech seed which heals a ridiculous amount in conjunction with poison heal, and focus punch does a ridiculous amount, sporting 150 base power with STAB, and then 130 base attack. I've found that passing defensive boosts to this guy has been wonderful, as it becomes almost impossible to break his sub without a critical shot.

Toxicroak (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Nothing changed here but the EVs, which were actually gotten from Smogon (sorry.). Toxicroak won't be outspeeding anything without some serious investment, and even may speed jolly won't outspeed much. The EVs went to bulk and to have a leftovers number.

Denchura (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Energy Ball

I added this as a more offensive version of lanturn. Conveniently enough, Galvantula ressists both Electric and Ice moves, but it's so frail, It won't be switching into anything really. Thunder gets perfect accuracy in the rain and gets boosted with compoundeyes if not, bug buzz is standard STAB, etc. This also often gets passed defense, but the main selling point of this is the power it has.

Things I have considered but not tried-

Thunderus - I still might want to put this on the team, though I've had no time to fit it in and try it out. Nasty plot could work out great with defense passes and substitute as well. STAB thunder in the rain off of that massive special attack stat appeals to me as well.

Rotom-W - STAB Hydro Pump in the rain, STAB Thunder in the rain, Will-o-wisp. 'huff said.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it. Empty Re: This is a rain team, but its got some stuff different in it.

Post by Jamie Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:10 pm

Thanks again epic, ill try these changes and see what its like.

Jamie
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down