Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) Nightmare Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) Sb10 Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) 21o6g49

Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen)

4 posters

Go down

Yes, your opinion matters.

Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) I_vote_lcap0%Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) I_vote_lcap50%Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) I_vote_lcap25%Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) I_vote_lcap0%Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) I_vote_lcap25%Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) Empty Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen)

Post by Slash Beast ∞ Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:11 am

Right...so, aside from the oh-so stereotypical name of the topic, let's get down to business.

Now, Zapdos, one of my favorite niggs of all friggin' time(Anyone that says otherwise catches a AWP Flashbang Headshot) is a beast, and for good reasons. I like Zapdos as a Tank, myself, but I played with Zapdos's EV's a little bit, and found something that worked better than smogon's sets(Which is what I'm always revising to see what works better...sue me).
SO. ON TO THE STATS.

Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) Zapdos_animated_bw_sprite_by_albinorose-d3cs2zt
EVs: 224 HP / 152 Def / 128 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Heat Wave
Roost
Substitute
Thunderbolt
-Been thinking about running Roar, contemplating Timid Nature(not really too good of an option), and I've also been thinking about Discharge just to be a jackass. However, that's a wild card, as I don't plan on it over the power ot TB.

I'm not gonna go into too much detail, since most of you should be familiar with the Physically Defensive Zapdos spread, so I'll skip the EV's minus an explanation for less EVs in it's Defenses. I found that with only 2 true Weaknesses(seems that Ice is for some reason too slow to hit Zapdos with a Physical Ice Move, and Rock types are overly predictable), Zapdos didn't really need the defensive EV's. So I decided to go for speed, just because I'm cool like that....and having Scout-like potential with Sub is not something to laugh at either.

Obvious set is obvious, yadda yadda yadda...will be posting new set soon....rate, flame, spam, blah blah....Enjoy.
Slash Beast ∞
Slash Beast ∞
Devoted Shadow
Devoted Shadow

Back to top Go down

Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) Empty Re: Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen)

Post by nightmareforums Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:27 am

Hey nice set there :3 But wouldn't Toxic be a better choice than Substitute? ._.
nightmareforums
nightmareforums
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen) Empty Re: Hey Look! The Black guy made a Zapdos set. (4th Gen)

Post by Slash Beast ∞ Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:06 pm

Aizen wrote:Hey nice set there :3 But wouldn't Toxic be a better choice than Substitute? ._.

The option has always been considered, but since I'm a firm believer of Sub-Roosting from a Switch, I found Toxic to be one of the "When I feel like it" moves.

Although I could always switch Heat Wave for Toxic indefinitley, that's not a really good idea.
Slash Beast ∞
Slash Beast ∞
Devoted Shadow
Devoted Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:56 pm

First, slash, you're black? You might be the only black pokemon person I know....

More on topic...

I actually think this is a very good set. The only problems I see are dragons, which wall everything but hp ice anyways, and zapdos usually doesn't have that slot to spare. Is there a reason why it isn't maxed out in hp? I think that some of the defense Evs should switch to hp. Other than that, this is a great set.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Moo Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:57 pm

I agree with Epic, I wouldn't normally use a Zapdos, but if I were to, I'd definitely use this!
Moo
Moo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down