Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
This team needs work... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
This team needs work... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
This team needs work... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
This team needs work... EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
This team needs work... EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
This team needs work... EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
This team needs work... EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
This team needs work... EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
This team needs work... EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
This team needs work... 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o This team needs work... Nightmare This team needs work... Sb10 This team needs work... 21o6g49

This team needs work...

4 posters

Go down

This team needs work... Empty This team needs work...

Post by yourfriendthenerd Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:50 am

I've been helped with a lot of my team. All of my Pokes have been recommended to me by different people, with the exception of Zoroark and Chandelure. I've done quite a bit of the work on my own though. On all of them, I've changed them from what people recommended in one way or another, either moves or the way I use it or...whatever. Anyway, I'm new to this and not very good, but i'm getting better. Please, I really just need help so be as harsh as you want. I'm not to attached to any of these so...yeah.
And with out further ado, my team:

Gigalith - AKA Olympus (the mountain of the gods)
EVs: Atk-252, Def-252, HP - 4 -- Nature: Impish
Item: Custap Berry -- Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Stealth Rock - Earthquake - Heavy Slam - Explosion
Description: My lead, obviously. He comes out. Lays down Stealth Rocks, eats his berry and explodes. Occasionally, if someone tries to lead with a Ninetales or Skarmory or something I Earthquake it or Stone Edge it and then Explode before it faints. Sturdy helps.

Zoroark - AKA Loki (Norse god of mischief)
EVs: Sp.Atk-252, Spe-252, Sp.Def-4 -- Nature: Modest
Item: Life Orb -- Ability: Illusion
Moves: Night Daze, Flamethrower, Extra sensory, Shadow Ball
Description: I dunno. I always put a weird one at the end so Illusion messes with people. It's Flamethrower really helps, as does its Night Daze which occasionally lowers accuracy. I'm not sure what you'd call it. Maybe a sweeper? A mind effer? I dunno.

Vaporeon - AKA Neptune (Roman god of the sea)
EVs: Sp.Atk- 252, Sp.Def- 252, Spe-4 -- Nature: Calm
Item: Leftovers -- Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Scald, Wish, Protect, Hidden Power (ice)
Description: I use it as a basic water type and a staller (is that right? staller?), especially if scald manages to burn it.

Reuniclus - AKA Minerva (Roman goddess of intelligence)
EVs: Sp.Def - 252, Def - 252, HP- 4 -- Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers -- Ability: Magic Guard
Moves: Recover, Calm Mind, Psychic, Focus Blast
Description: Wall. I know this one is a wall. It works. I like it. It's Shiny and blue.

Terrakion - AKA Atlas (The titan who held up the sky)
EVs: Atk - 252, Spe - 252, HP - 4 -- Nature: Jolly
Item: Choice Scarf -- Ability: Justified
Moves: Close Combat, Earthquake, Stone Edge, X-Scissor
Description: My fast as anything Choice Scarfer. Pretty simple

Chandelure - AKA Charon (boatman who took people across the river to the underworld [often pictured with a lantern in the darkness])
EVs: Sp.Atk - 252, Sp.Def - 252, Def - 4 -- Nature: Modest
Item: Leftovers -- Ability: Shadow Tag
Moves: Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Will-O-Wisp, Calm Mind
Description: The position I just can't fill. First it was Sawsbuck, then Azelf, then Whimsicott, now this. I like it so far, but i liked the others to begin with too. Eventually they just stopped working for me. I don't know if this one will, but I like the specie so I decided to try it. Also Shadow Tag is nasty. I've run into a few shadow tagged chandelures along the way and, if used correctly, kill.

So yeah. There are my six mythological figure pokemon. (Whatever I replace or change I plan to keep the theme. What can I say, I like aesthetics.) Please leave a comment, send me a message, whatever, just let me know what you think and how I can improve. If you want to battle I'm also open to that if you'd like to see it in action. Okay, thanks so much!

-Dan

yourfriendthenerd
yourfriendthenerd
New to the Nightmare
New to the Nightmare

http://yourfriendthenerd.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

This team needs work... Empty Re: This team needs work...

Post by Aaron Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:04 am

Pretty good synergy. But when Chandy dies, you get cock-blocked by Banded Scizor's U-Turn/Bug Bite. Keep that in mind. Also, once Vap dies, you lose to Surfers. Yeah.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:15 am

1. Shadow Tag Chandy is illegal.
2. You might want to put Grass Knot on Zoroark for bulky waters.
3. If you want an Ice Type attack on Vappy, why not just use Ice Beam? Or you could use HP Electric.

Thats pretty much it d:
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by yourfriendthenerd Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:41 am

I was told shadow tag was fine because it was in the DW and therefore un-monitored/regulated. I don't care though. I'll ditch it.
yourfriendthenerd
yourfriendthenerd
New to the Nightmare
New to the Nightmare

http://yourfriendthenerd.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Overall the team isn't really bad at all. What I notice, however, are bad EVs. Gigalith's, Zoroark's, and Terrakion's seem fine, but the rest need work.

Vaporen: A WishProtector doesn't need full Special Attack investment (not that you're going to be sweeping much with scald and HP Ice anyway). I would keep 84 EVs in Sp. Atk at MOST, then dump the rest into regular Defense and HP. You don't really need the 4 Speed EVs either, so you can dump that into another stat. Also, take Evan's advice and either get Ice Beam or HP Electric. There's no reason for HP Ice to be there.

Reun: Since you have CM, take your EVs out of Sp. Def. and invest in HP. To be honest though, I never really cared for CM Reun because it's so slow. TR Reun, however, can wipe things out easily.

Reun @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Regeneration/ Magic Guard
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Sp Atk/ 84 HP/ 100 Def/ 72 Sp Def
IVs: Make sure you have 0 Speed
-Trick Room
-Psyshock/Recover
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

Kills a ton of stuff, especially if you use Life Orb + Magic Guard, and also becomes a status absorber. Regeneration is an option too, restoring 1/3 of your health each time you switch it out, although this team seems to be fairly speedy, so it might be the inferior option.

Trick Room is the crux of the set, and allows Reun to outspeed pretty much everything, because you reach about 50 something speed if I recall correctly. Psyshock is there for STAB and so you aren't walled by Blissey/Chansey, although you can go for Recover for some extra, er....recovery. Focus Blast kills T-Tars thinking they can wall you. Shadow Ball is there for extra coverage, and if I recall correctly, grants you perfect neutral coverage along with Focus Blast. Overall it's a killing machine.

Chandelure: Get your special defense investment the hell out and put them into speed. Lose Shadow Tag because it's banned (PBC keeps it because that server allows just about anything and is filled with Drizzle + SS faggotry), and get Flash Fire instead. Also, since you have Calm Mind, change your nature to Timid for more speed.

That's all I got. The team is pretty solid, just needed some adjustments. I also notice now that you seem to be a bit on the special attacking side, so maybe you need to consider dropping whatever your worst special attacker is and put in something that can hit physically.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down