Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Mega Evolutions EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Mega Evolutions EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Mega Evolutions EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Mega Evolutions EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Mega Evolutions EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Mega Evolutions EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Mega Evolutions EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Mega Evolutions EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Mega Evolutions EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Mega Evolutions 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Mega Evolutions Nightmare Mega Evolutions Sb10 Mega Evolutions 21o6g49

Mega Evolutions

+5
Aaron
Evan
Awakening
Safiliwen
buckthefuffalo
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mega Evolutions Empty Mega Evolutions

Post by buckthefuffalo Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:38 pm

buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Mega Evolutions Empty Re: Mega Evolutions

Post by Safiliwen Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:40 pm

All I see is glorious locks of mane.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:47 pm

I thought you didn't liiike spoooilers.

But yes. Two Mega Fighting types. Mawile is relevant. Absol is even more edgy. Mega Ampharos is now Mega Fab. Oddily enough Mega Mewtwo is the only that isn't delivering to me.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:36 pm

ampharos looks like it put on a wig and was all like BITCH I'LL SWAG YOU OUT FOR DAYS
so down for mawile tho
huge Power + Steel Resist + Steel super-Effective + Sucker Punch

oh hello choice band
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:03 am

I feel like Lucario doesn't really need one. Mewtwo, Absol, and Mawile are for sure agreed. Absol with Magic Bounce? Hell yes, Anti-Lead! Additionally, Mawile needed to see play and Mewtwo is just a super novelty Pokémon at this point (sans a bit of Uber play, though typically ditched in favour of a more durable Special Attacker). So I'm pretty much left with Ampharos. I used Ampharos in one OU team that did.... Moderately well. It worked best for me in UU, I think it was. However, it doesn't really need a powdered wig and more of those pearlescent balls to be an interesting Pokémon. I would have hoped to have seen an evolution for Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee. Maybe Kangaskhan or like Tropius or something. A Pokémon that's either evolution-less or super underused. However, I suppose that the game hasn't been completely unveiled yet, thereby leaving some wiggle-room for the creators.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Korasi wrote:I feel like Lucario doesn't really need one. Mewtwo, Absol, and Mawile are for sure agreed. Absol with Magic Bounce? Hell yes, Anti-Lead! Additionally, Mawile needed to see play and Mewtwo is just a super novelty Pokémon at this point (sans a bit of Uber play, though typically ditched in favour of a more durable Special Attacker). So I'm pretty much left with Ampharos. I used Ampharos in one OU team that did.... Moderately well. It worked best for me in UU, I think it was. However, it doesn't really need a powdered wig and more of those pearlescent balls to be an interesting Pokémon. I would have hoped to have seen an evolution for Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee. Maybe Kangaskhan or like Tropius or something. A Pokémon that's either evolution-less or super underused. However, I suppose that the game hasn't been completely unveiled yet, thereby leaving some wiggle-room for the creators.
Keep in mind the games aren't made with the metagame in mind, especially with a lot of the bad calls they made with 5th gen.
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

https://www.youtube.com/acheronpride

Back to top Go down

Post by Zai Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:06 pm

Thats giving me such a poke boner right now.

Zai
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Mega Evolution Bidoof confirmed

Mega Evolutions Tumblr_mr7yurWrwV1r6hfkho1_400
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Qualna wrote:Mega Evolution Bidoof confirmed

10/10 would use in game/competitively
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Evan wrote:

Remember that time I 6-0'd an Ubers team with Bibarel? This is the next step.
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:29 pm

I saw that on a forum as a signature one time. That's actually really cool. I understand that the competitive scene is developed from the games, not the other way around. I just wish that there was a way to make a Pokemon that hasn't been given love for like.... 3+ generations, more loved. Like, how cool would it be to have a Charizard Mega-Evolution? Or even an Alakazam Mega-Evolution?
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Evan wrote:

Banned to Mega-Ubers.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Zai Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Korasi wrote:I saw that on a forum as a signature one time. That's actually really cool. I understand that the competitive scene is developed from the games, not the other way around. I just wish that there was a way to make a Pokemon that hasn't been given love for like.... 3+ generations, more loved. Like, how cool would it be to have a Charizard Mega-Evolution? Or even an Alakazam Mega-Evolution?
Alakazam? He was the shit in 4th Gen and he is still pretty cool in 5th Gen.

Zai
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:46 pm

is this what they call mega hype
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:39 pm

Zai wrote:
Korasi wrote:I saw that on a forum as a signature one time. That's actually really cool. I understand that the competitive scene is developed from the games, not the other way around. I just wish that there was a way to make a Pokemon that hasn't been given love for like.... 3+ generations, more loved. Like, how cool would it be to have a Charizard Mega-Evolution? Or even an Alakazam Mega-Evolution?
Alakazam? He was the shit in 4th Gen and he is still pretty cool in 5th Gen.
But other than Magic Bounce, what have they given him? Lucario was like the third most overused in 4th Gen, defeated only by Scizor and Heatran respectively, and he's getting a Mega-Evolution.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Zai Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:25 pm

Like it was said previously, they don't make the games with the meta-game in mind. Lucario was good in competition in 4th gen because of his good typing and his good move pool. Furthermore, third most used, where are you getting this data from? Not to mention, in 5th gen, Lucario didn't get a super good ability or any super good moves. Alakazam on the other hand got magic guard, which is giving him a lot of love. Lucario is getting a mega-evolution because he is popular. If we are gonna bring up popularity than you can't say Charizard because charizard is one of the most loved pokemon outside of competitive. Alakazam on the other hand in R/B or FR/LG when you need a physic type, most people went for Alakazam.

Last edited by Zai on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zai
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:07 pm

it's magic guard not magic bounce you fuckwits
and i am gone
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:32 am

Zai wrote:Like it was said previously, they don't make the games with the meta-game in mind. Lucario was good in competition in 4th gen because of his good typing and his good move pool. Furthermore, third most used, where are you getting this data from? Not to mention, in 5th gen, Lucario didn't get a super good ability or any super good moves. Alakazam on the other hand got magic guard, which is giving him a lot of love. Lucario is getting a mega-evolution because he is popular. If we are gonna bring up popularity than you can't say Charizard because charizard is one of the most loved pokemon outside of competitive. Alakazam on the other hand in R/B or FR/LG when you need a physic type, most people went for Alakazam.
I'm getting the data from actually playing competitive games? Also, at the time, Smogon announced that Scizor and Heatran were most used, followed by Lucario and Gyarados, then Blissey, etc. Lucario has "super good moves" already. Access to Extremespeed and Vacuum Wave give him diversity, alongside learning Close Combat and Swords Dance. A single +2 Lucario could sweep an entire unprepared team. You can give me no good reason as to why Ampharos gets anything. Also, since Lucario didn't get a "super good ability", what about Blaziken? His ability got him sentenced to Ubers, yet he also gets a Mega Evolution. You can't jump around in circles and then act like my statements are invalid when you fail to cover all of your own bases. Evan's right, it is Magic Bounce (Magic Mirror previously) with regards to Alakazam. But then again, they gave Blaziken a super broken ability and a Mega Evolution, so why not Alakazam? Given Nintendo's choices of Mega Evolutions to date lead me to believe that there isn't a particular pattern. They don't say "Hey, we've done a shit-ton for this Pokemon with regards to a new ability and a bigger movepool, why not focus on another?" I know they don't do stuff based on the competitive scene. However, it's pretty obvious that they are favouring Blaziken lately. I honestly don't see how we can't argue for stuff like Dunsparce or even Granbull or Miltank?
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Zai Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Korasi wrote:
Zai wrote:Like it was said previously, they don't make the games with the meta-game in mind. Lucario was good in competition in 4th gen because of his good typing and his good move pool. Furthermore, third most used, where are you getting this data from? Not to mention, in 5th gen, Lucario didn't get a super good ability or any super good moves. Alakazam on the other hand got magic guard, which is giving him a lot of love. Lucario is getting a mega-evolution because he is popular. If we are gonna bring up popularity than you can't say Charizard because charizard is one of the most loved pokemon outside of competitive. Alakazam on the other hand in R/B or FR/LG when you need a physic type, most people went for Alakazam.
I'm getting the data from actually playing competitive games? Also, at the time, Smogon announced that Scizor and Heatran were most used, followed by Lucario and Gyarados, then Blissey, etc. Lucario has "super good moves" already. Access to Extremespeed and Vacuum Wave give him diversity, alongside learning Close Combat and Swords Dance. A single +2 Lucario could sweep an entire unprepared team. You can give me no good reason as to why Ampharos gets anything. Also, since Lucario didn't get a "super good ability", what about Blaziken? His ability got him sentenced to Ubers, yet he also gets a Mega Evolution. You can't jump around in circles and then act like my statements are invalid when you fail to cover all of your own bases. Evan's right, it is Magic Bounce (Magic Mirror previously) with regards to Alakazam. But then again, they gave Blaziken a super broken ability and a Mega Evolution, so why not Alakazam? Given Nintendo's choices of Mega Evolutions to date lead me to believe that there isn't a particular pattern. They don't say "Hey, we've done a shit-ton for this Pokemon with regards to a new ability and a bigger movepool, why not focus on another?" I know they don't do stuff based on the competitive scene. However, it's pretty obvious that they are favouring Blaziken lately. I honestly don't see how we can't argue for stuff like Dunsparce or even Granbull or Miltank?
1. Remember you said "" I know they don't do stuff based on the competitive scene. "

2. You act like Blazekin was the only pokemon they gave a super good ability too and every other pokemon got shitty abilities. They arn't favoring Blazekin, they just gave him a good ability just like all the other Pokemon they gave dream world abilities too. If Politoad or Ninetails get mega evolutions are you going to say they are favoring them too?

3. The only mega-evolutions they released so far are for Lucario, Blazekin, Mew Two, Absol, Amphoros, Kangaskhan, and Mawile. They said that a lot more Pokemonare getting mega-evolutions. They most likely released those mega-evolutions because most of those pokemon are Pokemon that people really like. If they released Mega-Evolution Dunsparce, that wouldn't want to make people go "OMG THATS AWSOME I WANT THIS GAME" as much as the other Pokemon

4. You said they should focus about Pokemon that aren't that good like Granbull, Miltank, or Dunsparce when you previously said that Charizard and Alakazam two great Pokemon should get mega-evolutions. If you really cared about those pokemon then the first thing that would of came to your mind would of been Granbull, Miltank, and Dunsparce.

5 Most Pokemon with a +2 anything will sweep a team and without the statement from smogon saying Lucario was the third most used pokemon your just making internet stats in my book.

6. This debate is dumb, I'm ending here.

Zai
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:45 pm

I think that's a good decision, because your argument is so full of holes that I was starting to mistake it for a slice of swiss cheese.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Um, Magic Guard is what Alakazam has guys. Magic Bounce is Xatu/Espeon + Mega Absol.

New Video is up though. Mega Ampharos, Mega Absol, and Mega Absol are finally shown in battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BftrqE2CQiQ
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Ah. I was mistaken. Yeah, Awake's right. I was thinking that he bounced back hazards, but then I remembered that he doesn't take damage from them. Good job Awake. Also, this means that I need to go buy a fucking 3DS because that game looks so sexy. *Q*
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Everyone still has 2 months before the release, so I wouldn't sweat it. Just take your time and save up.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:53 pm

I've gotten every other generation on the day of release since 2003, so I'm looking forward to this.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next