Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  Nightmare Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  Sb10 Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  21o6g49

Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities

3 posters

Go down

Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  Empty Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities

Post by Charmander Mon May 28, 2012 4:50 pm

I Was Just Wondering If Anybody Ever Heard About The Mother Series...
It's By Far My Favorite Video Game Series EVER.
Also The Have Rumor's That Satoshi Tajiri (The Creator Of Pokemon) Got Some Stuff In The Mother Series...
Iv'e Noticed A Lot Of Similarities Between Both Of Them.
Like In MOTHER 1 Giygas Or Giegue And Mewtwo From Pokemon Look Like The Same Thing.
And How You Collect 8 Melodies And 8 Gym Badges.
Red's Original Default Name Was Going To Be Ninten(The Main Character In Mother 1).
In Pokemon Black And White, Zekrom And Reshiram Look Like The Picture In The Temple In Tazmilly Village.
Also The Tracks Are Very Alike In Every Pokemon Game In The Main Series.
Route 1 And Pollyanna Sound Somewhat The Same.
That's Not Really All Of The Similarities From Both The Series.
Earthbound/Mother Is A Highly Underrated Series.
So That's Pretty Much It For Now Very Happy
Charmander
Charmander
Shadow
Shadow

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChubbyCharmander

Back to top Go down

Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  Empty Re: Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities

Post by Evan Mon May 28, 2012 5:41 pm

It's not that it'd underrated, it's that people can't get access to them without Emulating. Last I checked, buying Earthbound for the SNES was $140.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities  Empty Re: Earthbound/Mother And Pokemon Similarities

Post by buckthefuffalo Mon May 28, 2012 6:28 pm

Evan wrote:It's not that it'd underrated, it's that people can't get access to them without Emulating. Last I checked, buying Earthbound for the SNES was $140.

That and the other two games are only out in Japan. A beta for Mother 1 was found in the late 90s and made into ROMs, and now we have the reproduction carts for NES. Not worth it though for something you can easily emulate.

The series used to be pretty underrated in the U.S. until around 5 years ago, give or take. Then it started gaining popularity and now you have the outrageous prices for EB. The reason was the poor marketing campaign in the U.S. for the game, in addition to stores refusing to stock it due to the gigantic box the game came with.

As for what you said, Waffles, the similarities in the series are no coincidence. Some of the team members who worked on the Mother series went on to work for Gamefreak and the Pokemon series.

Also moving to games section.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Charmander Mon May 28, 2012 10:11 pm

True!
The Gaming Company APE IS Now Called Creatures Inc.
Ah! That's It I'm Guessing.
Charmander
Charmander
Shadow
Shadow

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChubbyCharmander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down