Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. Nightmare If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. Sb10 If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. 21o6g49

If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again.

2 posters

Go down

If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. Empty If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again.

Post by Awakening Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:58 am

If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. Pikachu-illustrator
Pokemon: Pikachu Illustrator
Price: About $20,000
"Gotta catch 'em all" claims the catchphrase of this celebrated franchise. Doing that with Pokemon trading cards, though, might require a second Pokemortgage.
The rarest find in the game — the belle of the Pokeball, you might say -- is this Pikachu Illustrator card. Never officially sold, never released in English, and worth somewhere around $20,000, the cards were given away as prizes in a Japanese drawing contest and only four are thought to exist. Good luck finding one — and good luck paying it off.

Source:

i no 1 of u have it now gimme gimme

Last edited by Awakening on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. Empty Re: If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:04 am

That's insane... Wtf man..
Lol but at least Pokemon is still #1 Wink

Back to top Go down

If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again. Empty Re: If you thought First Edition Charizard was bad... Think again.

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Pokemon: Charizard, First Edition
Price: $2,000-$2,500
The fierce, fire-breathing Charizard is a familiar face to any Pokefan, but his corresponding trading card is a much rarer sight.
Holographic versions from the first edition of the Pokemon game, printed in 1999, can easily be worth thousands if in pristine condition. It might be tricky finding such loot -- plenty of cards out there purport to be in mint condition, but only a few actually make the cut and are worth the dough.
Still, with tons of hit points and a devastatingly powerful attack, this particular collectible isn't just a treasure -- it's a potential game-winner to boot.

Yeah, whoever wrote this didn't do their research. Most don't even reach the thousand dollar mark, and that's when in pretty-much-mint condition. The Illustrator value is also off by thousands. I believe the last one sold for around 10-15 grand, and others have been consistent with that price. Only one sold for 20,000 and that was when Pokemon was at its peak.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down