Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
    Who is online?
    In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
    Latest topics
    » The Missing Constellation
    Stomping Skarmbliss EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
    Stomping Skarmbliss EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
    Stomping Skarmbliss EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
    Stomping Skarmbliss EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
    Stomping Skarmbliss EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
    Stomping Skarmbliss EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
    Stomping Skarmbliss EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
    Stomping Skarmbliss EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
    Stomping Skarmbliss EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
    We have 490 registered users
    The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
    Our awesome Affiliates!
    Stomping Skarmbliss 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Stomping Skarmbliss Nightmare Stomping Skarmbliss Sb10 Stomping Skarmbliss 21o6g49

Stomping Skarmbliss

3 posters

Go down

Stomping Skarmbliss Empty Stomping Skarmbliss

Post by Lynjabear Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Stomping Skarmbliss Stompi10

Hello, this is Lynjabear, with yet another RMT. This is my favorite OU team, and has been fairly sucessful, peaking at 1398 points on the OU ladder, rank number 167 after 53 battles. I'm here to both share my team, and hopefully get advice to make this team a little better. The main point of this team is to be both offensive and anti-stall, hence the name of the team. In a nutshell, this has a FGW core, a dragon, and a supporter, and a priority attacker.

At a glance -
    Stomping Skarmbliss 151Stomping Skarmbliss 212Stomping Skarmbliss 547Stomping Skarmbliss 485Stomping Skarmbliss 130Stomping Skarmbliss 381

Teambuilding Process -

Spoiler:

In Depth -

Stomping Skarmbliss 151

Psy (Mew) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Taunt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roost

I love mew. For one, its extremely adorable, and secondly, its incredibly useful. This looks almost exactly the same as the smogon support set (though we came up with it independently) except for the EVs and I run stealth rock. I run max speed so I can use will-o-wisp on many physical attackers, as the standard set is slower than max speed band scizor. After burning, Max attack adamant scizor will never do more than half of my health with a banded u-turn and T-tar does about 31% with crunch after a burn.

With taunt, will-o-wisp, and roost, Psy can actually cripple slow attackers and walls, such as ferrothorn, and stall them out. I almost always lead with psy, and he can sometimes come back late game for more stallbreaking and stalling of his own. Synchronize seems like a useless ability alongside things such as levitate, but has actually been very useful against pokemon that attempt to toxic me but get statused themselves. Surprisingly enough, my main reason that synchronize is useful is for burning espeon. Magic bounce espeon often tries to switch in on a SR or taunt turn 1, bounces my will-o-wisp on me, and synchronize burns it. This brings her down to 86% turn 2, allowing scizor to switch in and kill with bullet punch, which does 88%. in my opinion, mew should still be the uber it was Gen 4.

Team Synergy -

Dark - Scizor (50%), Heatran (50%)
    Bug - Scizor (50%), Gyarados (50%), Heatran (25%)
    Ghost - Scizor (50%), Heatran (50%)

Stomping Skarmbliss Scizor

Julius (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

I never believed in the band set and always used the swords dance, until someone finally got me to try it out. I loved it. Julius's immediate power is extraordinarily useful, able to dismantle many fast scarfters and sweepers, notably terrakion and mamoswine, who give me issues. The steel typing is great with my dragon, Latios, and his fire weakness is a nonissue because of my resists and the ability to boost heatran's flash fire. U-turn allows Scizor to force many switches, even more painful because of stealth rock support. Pursuit allows me to checkmate things like specs starmie and latios locked into the wrong move, and superpower kills annoying things such as ferrothorn and magnezone on the switch, though I usually use U-turn to scout most of the time.

Throughout this RMT, you will see that I add a lot of speed to my pokemon, which may seem unnecessary, but has been very useful. The speed allows him to outspeed things such as T-Tar, defensive heatran, and many, many, others. I haven't worked on an EV spread to outrun some of these threats, but this has seemed to work so far, and I haven't missed the bulk an especial amount because most attacks that come his way tend to be fire moves, which wouldn't be survivable anyways.

Team Synergy -

Fire - Gyarados (50%), Latios (50%), Heatran ( 0%)

Stomping Skarmbliss 547

Whorl (Whimsicott) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Leech Seed
    - Encore
    - Taunt

So many cute pokemon on one team...My whimsicott, Whorl, is a terrible annoyance to the opponent. Whimsicott is a little of an anomaly, with only 8 speed EVs as compared to the 252 EVs given to every other member of the team. This is because of the wonderful ability - prankster. Prankster gives all supporting/non-attacking moves a priority of +1, meaning I almost always move first. Encore is the main move of this set, allowing me to encore moves such as quiver dance, dragon dance, and substitute.

With a priority encore, I can effectively switch in on any supporting move, and force the opponent to repeat it until kingdom come...(or switchout.) Leech seed allows Whorl to stall out opponents while simultaneously recovering health, and substitute allows additional stall time. Taunt is shared by three members of my team, mostly for anti-stall purposes. Taunt allows any pokemon carrying it to beat skarmbliss. Also, ferrothorn, the most common pokemon in OU, is crippled by taunt, or at least must use gyro ball and power whip, both of which are heavily ressited by my two steels, heatran and scizor, who can set substitute or gain momentum through U-turn, respectively.

Even though the EVs and nature have been heaviliy invested in whimsicott's defensive capabilities, whimsicott is actually my least favorite member of my team, despite her cuteness. Choiced pokemon bother her immensely, as they get rid of leech seed and simultaneously break substitute. Whimsicott has been extremely useful, and other pokemon I've tried haven't worked nearly as well.

Team Synergy -

Fire - Gyarados (50%), Latios (50%), Heatran ( 0%)
    Bug - Scizor (50%), Gyarados (50%), Heatran (25%)
    Flying - Scizor (50%), Heatran (50%)
    Poison - Scizor ( 0%), Heatran ( 0%)
    Ice - Scizor (50%), Heatran (25%)

Stomping Skarmbliss 485

Maggy (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran is a beast, sporting a monster base 130 Special Attack and an amazing 10 resistances and 2 immunities. Often, Maggy can come in on something such as a taunted ferro (or even untaunted) throw up a substitute, and go to town with massive fire blasts. Leftovers has been given the nod over life orb, as the recoil added to substituted-away health would cause too short a time on the battlefield. Flash fire allows heatran to cover scizor's weakness extremely effectively, giving her both an immunity and a powerup to fire. Also, this allows her to counter most sunny-day/Ninetales teams, which she usually takes a pittance for and boosts her fire STAB.

Fire blast is STAB of choice, as I don't use life orb and has much more power than flamethrower and more accuracy than magma storm. Hidden power ice is needed to kill Dnite and gliscor as well as other dragons. I've given some serious thought into running magma storm to trap blissey for another one of my pokemon, but so far, that 75% accuracy has been off-putting. Still a consideration, however. Dragon pulse isn't used as hidden power hits gliscor, which heatran needs to hit badly. Heatran wasn't ranked No.1 last generation for nothing.

Team Synergy -

Ground - Whimsicott (50%), Gyarados ( 0%), Latios ( 0%)
    Fighting - Mew (50%), Latios (50%), Gyarados (50%)

Stomping Skarmbliss 130

Kaisa (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Moxie
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Taunt

You don't know true sweeping power until you've used gyarados. Likewise, your opponent doesn't know true terror until they've seen a monster with 698 attack and 430 speed, which is Kaisa after a kill and a dragon dance. Dragon dance turns Kaisa from a mild offensive threat to a towering sweeper, while moxie increases her attack after a kill, effectively turning her into an offensive juggernaut. Gyarados are very hard to kill without an electric move, with well-rounded 95/79/100 defenses. Really, if she gets one dragon dance, she gets a kill. One kill and a dragon dance and it's big trouble than the foe.

Stone edge is for coverage on flyers, dnite especially. Lefties give me some survivability and make sure that Kaisa doesn't lose hp in the sandstorm. Taunt is to prevent pokemon from setting up hazards, healing, and most importantly, from phazing. Waterfall is STAB of choice, and comes with a quite wonderful 30% flinch chance, made even more handy with the speed boost dragon dance gives her. This set allows Kaisa to bulldoze straight through skarmbliss, the flinch factor benefiting her even more. Kaisa's also my main answer to rain teams, talking little from most rain attackers because of that 100 base special defense stat, and because of the banning of SS + rain dance, a devastating sweeper in the rain. Even ferrothorn can't stand up to gyarados with the rain behind her and taunt.

Max speed is used because after most people see I have taunt, they assume I'm bulky and they can outspeed with scarfed rotom and kill me with volt switch. With jolly, they are wrong. At +2, stone edge is a clean 0hko after SR, and 2hkos easily with waterfall + stone edge at +1. This means that rotom can't switch in at all, and must wait for a kill to come in, impossible, as at +2 stone edge is a 0hko. Rotom's the main reason for the extra speed, but Kaisa's base 81 speed allows her to outspeed scarfed 80's with the 430 magic number. Gyarados is way too underused.

Synergy -

Electric - Whimsicott (50%), Latios (50%)
    Rock - None. Only type this team does not resist.

Stomping Skarmbliss 381

Altomare (Latios) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Psyshock
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf

Finally, the last member of this team. Altomare is speedy, but more importanly, hits like a truck. A specially based truck. The EVs are straightforward, max special attack and speed. Timid is used to outspeed other latios. This is standard calm mind latios with surf psyshock over hp fire. The coverage is greatly missed, but usually things such as ferrothorn have been taken out by the time altomare comes out.

Psyshock allows me to calm mind up with other CMers and then smack them with a physical move. I didn't use hp fire because I really enjoy the ability to outrun all the other latios that run hp fire. Dragon Pulse is standard STAB and does quite some damage after a few calm minds. Leftovers, again, is the item of choice, as I don't enjoy sandstorm damage and it helps me recover after calm minding. Also, Latios does plenty of damage with a couple of calm minds under his belt.

Last look -
    Stomping Skarmbliss 151Stomping Skarmbliss 212Stomping Skarmbliss 547Stomping Skarmbliss 485 Stomping Skarmbliss 130Stomping Skarmbliss 381

Type chart -

Spoiler:

Threat list -

Spoiler:

Test me!

Exportable -

Code:
    Psy (Mew) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Taunt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roost

Julius (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Whorl (Whimsicott) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Leech Seed
    - Encore
    - Taunt

Maggy (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Kaisa (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Moxie
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Taunt

Altomare (Latios) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Psyshock
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf
    Lynjabear
    Lynjabear
    Dream
    Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Stomping Skarmbliss Empty Re: Stomping Skarmbliss

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:37 pm

Waaaaa daaaaa fuccccck! O:
    Speechless, this team looks flawless. Lyn.. You need to tutor me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:54 am

I know you have a TON of resistances, but i'm just going to say. Specs Jolteon could be a major threat to this team. In 5th Gen, it may sound retarded, but if I'm using Jolteon, I'm using HP Fire. While prediction does fix this, it can still punch a MAJOR hole in your team with a simple Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, or HP Fire.
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:05 pm

That's probably true, but I've never seen it before o.o

Gyara can outspeed after a DD though on a switch in, but pokemon with large coverage give me issues...

Why HP fire? I don't see why that's more troubing than hp ice, as it allows latios to come in on it and CM.
    Lynjabear
    Lynjabear
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:41 pm

HP Fire is for Ferro, Scizor, Min, pretty much the common things that need to be hit by fire. Course I always forget when I'm making a team to include an attack of every type, so that probably doesn't help.

I normally use him in tandem with somebody with an ice attack. But Shadow ball covers Latios too. Jolteon's just generally a good Pokemon. Now that Excadrill is banned, it makes it much easier to use him.
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Coming up next - Another waste of time pretty RMT! This one will be UU.
    Lynjabear
    Lynjabear
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:50 pm

UU team is up.
    Lynjabear
    Lynjabear
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Lynjabear wrote:UU team is up.

Cool beans.
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Without Scizor, you're done. Gyarados is good, but he's Stealth Rock weak. Blissey walls the rest of the team, sans Whimsicott with Leech Seed.
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:46 pm

Actually, mew defeats blissey one on one, (Will-o-wisp, taunt, slowly burn to death) and so does Latios with Psyshock after a couple of CMs. This is pre-BW2, meaning it simply can't take some of the new threats, such as Lando-T too well.
    Lynjabear
    Lynjabear
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Oh, okay. I was going to say. Centering the team around 2 Pokemon while there are 4 others to worry about could be trouble.
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:55 pm

I'm completely overhauling the team because it doesn't work too well anymore with all the move/pokemon changes and additions. Also, I'm going to make an LC RMT soon!
    Lynjabear
    Lynjabear
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:31 pm

LC? Only one who plays LC is Saf .-.
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:36 pm

I love LC. All the pokemon are cute Very Happy

But Eviolite is completely abused, lol
    Lynjabear
    Lynjabear
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:36 am

Lynjabear wrote:I love LC. All the pokemon are cute Stomping Skarmbliss 364988687

Totally. Just like all of the baby Pokemon. I loved making my Magbys breed with each other at level 1.
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Korasi wrote:
    Lynjabear wrote:I love LC. All the pokemon are cute Stomping Skarmbliss 364988687

Totally. Just like all of the baby Pokemon. I loved making my Magbys breed with each other at level 1.

Eviolite, not abusing baby pokemon >.>

Although it's definitely a downer when there's a cute Teddiursa on the opposing side and you are forced to HJK it lest it attacks. D:
    Lynjabear
    Lynjabear
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Ahahahaha. Oh it's so cute.

BAM!
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:36 am

The only thing that's worse is fighting stall team. Nothing is more terrible than watching your pokemon slowly die of poison or burn.
    Lynjabear
    Lynjabear
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:42 am

Lynjabear wrote:The only thing that's worse is fighting stall team. Nothing is more terrible than watching your pokemon slowly die of poison or burn.

It requires a certain amount of sadism. I am very sadistic.
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down