Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o [Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] Nightmare [Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] Sb10 [Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] 21o6g49

[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER]

+14
Jamie
Moo
L
Aaron
sheppy_spooks
Anubis
Lynjabear
Zai
Eduardo
Evo
Luck
ChronoDuck
buckthefuffalo
Awakening
18 posters

Go down

[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] Empty [Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER]

Post by Awakening Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:35 pm

The time has come for the very long awaited Election for the decision of the new Staff. This thread is specific for the decision of the Administrators of the site. The TWO Candidates that will receive the highest amount of votes will will receive Adminiship. The rest of the Candidates who do not make it will try out for Moderator the following week

So this how things are going to run here. So to try to avoid muck ups, this will NOT be a poll. In order to Vote, there is some criteria you must meet before writing a THREE SENTENCE MINIMUM EXPLAINING YOUR VOTE.

• Must have been a Member for at least ONE week

• Must have a minimum of FIVE Posts.

• Current staff are eligible to vote as the rest of the criteria-meeting members

In addition, you may only vote for ONE candidate for the position, while I know that you would have not done this otherwise, voting for yourself is not allowed.

So without further ado, here are the Candidates for the Administrative Election:

PLEASE READ ALL SUBMISSIONS BEFORE CASTING YOUR VOTE

#1 Aizen

Spoiler:

#2 buckthefuffalo

Spoiler:

#3 Eduardo

Spoiler:

#4 Evan

Spoiler:

#5 Evo

Spoiler:

#6 Flash

Spoiler:

#7 Griffin

Spoiler:

#8 Reshiram

Spoiler:

These are the Candidates for the Election, and we wish everyone the best of luck.

Last edited by Awakening on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] Empty Re: [Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER]

Post by buckthefuffalo Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Guess I'll be the first to vote. I've been thinking about this for a long time now. Golly was it a hard decision.

Let me get this out of the way though. Out of the previous staff, there isn't a bad candidate up there. We've all done our fair share of work for the site, and, in my opinion, are very useful to the site. I can't really say for the others up there though, since I haven't had the pleasure of actually working with them on site related issues. So please, my fellow current staff members, I ask that you not take anything personally. I adore you all, and if I could vote for all of you, I would. But, as a current admin, I feel that I can only vote for who I feel I work best with (although I feel I work well with all of you fairly well) based on previous experience as a staff member here at Nightmare Forums.

My vote goes toward Flash. Although he can be quiet, he's very intelligent, and I feel that he has the perfect balance of being understanding towards the members, while also being a good leader and knowing the priorities of the site and what needs to be done. He also knows how to tinker with the site and how to change just about anything regarding the physical site, so he's usually the go-to guy if something needs to be fixed via the admin panel. Just like every other current staff member, he's also a kind person. He's very good at breaking up arguments, and knows how to get the job done.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] Empty Re: [Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER]

Post by ChronoDuck Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:06 pm

I have to say, my vote has to go towards BuckArooo....

Reasons, i heard you say?

Wells its quite simple. He has a lot of patients for everyone, and takes time to listen to everyone if they have said problem. He obviously care a lot and i do mean A LOT for this site, he posts incredible amounts and sticks with his gun when it comes to his decisions and opinions. There is more.... but that should make it clear why i voted for him..
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm changing my vote to Eduardo because he's really good with the other members. He's a very good battler and has/ contributes in a place where you can battle him, Gym etc. Ed is very polite and kind to other people. He has a guide to EVS(Effort values) which has helped me alot. Ed is good at making sets and team building.And Ed has helped me alot. It was a very hard choice but I think now my choice is final.

Last edited by Leo on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:29 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:50 pm

I'm voting on Flash.Even if he is really quiet he's really wise and knows whats good for the site and he treats every single person on this site as fairly as possible.He's really good at breaking up fights, I know cause I've been in the chat while he has.He's been admin here since the beginning and he knows how to get the job done.
Luck
Luck
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evo Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm voting for Eduardo. He is very polite when he talks to people. He works hard so that everyone is happy. He is very friendly which helps the community be less chaotic.
Evo
Evo
Devoted Shadow
Devoted Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:14 pm

This election is pretty hard to decide. I've worked with practically everyone running in it, and I know all of them are good and competent: everyone has helped the site a lot in different times of our existance. Without further ado, my vote goes for Aizen. I think he is able to understand people well, voice his opinion and act when necessary, trying to come to a middle term and please most people as possible. In my humble opinion, he has handled all kind of situation in a great way, as well he gained a lot of experience. I'm sure he is and will be able to face any situation that comes down without losing his temper.
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Zai Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:20 pm

The vote for Griffen. I see griffen fits the position of Admin. And she is active in the forum

Last edited by Zai on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zai
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:20 pm

As soon as I read the policy that you can only vote for 1 admin, I knew it would be a difficult choice. In my opinion, not a single candidate up there is 'bad" or unworthy of modship.

My vote would have to go to Flash. He's actually the first admin I ever go to for advice, because he's always active, and because he always thinks before he says something. This might be part of the reason why he's so quiet, but even though he has a reputation for his silence, I've never known him to leave a member alone in the chatbox and he more than compensates with his activity in the forums. Also, he seems to care for the site a lot, and is often one to edit things about the layout or the different threads and topics.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:47 pm

My vote goes for Buckthefuffalo. He's a really cool guy and does a lot to help out this forum. He posts a lot, as people have said before me. He keeps his LP up-to-date and always makes it interesting. Along that note, he also makes long and meaningful posts (as said before me) that are also quite funny most of the time. That tells me that he really is involved in the forum. In the previous months he's been admin, in my opinion, he has been a great admin. He keeps the chat entertaining, he helps out other members, and he is very active.

With all due respect to the other candidates,

Anubis.
Anubis
Anubis
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:39 pm

I didn't want to double post

My decision was really tough here. Like it's been previously stated and the such, I know that most of these candidates would do an amazing job. But in then end, my decision comes to buckthefuffalo. Some of you may argue it's favoritism, and well, I can't stop you from thinking that. I know everyone does they're best, but Buck's on right when I need him to be, as long as it's not barring school and homework. I know everyone on the list does so as well, that's why it's really hard to come down on a decision. But as it stands, Buck's the person who I am giving my vote to,
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by sheppy_spooks Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:12 am

my vote would go to aizen bcuz.................i think he cares alot about this site..............i think he is capable of that position and he wouldn't take advantage of it and he is a good battler so he can defend the site as well

sheppy_spooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:56 am

I am voting for the one and only Evan. He is personable, respected, good at Pokemon, a good LoL player, and a very good Administrator. Aside from getting "Ninja'd" regularly, I have no complaints against him. He is on great terms with pretty much all of the members, he used to help me when I would rage/get raged on. I really appreciate what he's done. He's also suggested a few very good things for the site (Workshop, Set of the Week, etc.). He should definitely get re-elected Admin. I believe his potential can be even furthered if he maintains his position.

By the way, my second vote goes to Safi.

Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:58 am

My vote goes to evan.

he is on good terms with all the regular members (i think) and can break up fights. and he has shown he is good at being an admin, just like the other admins.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moo Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:37 am

Alright, I may have trouble explaining this as I go on, but my vote goes to Eduardo, because overall, he has what it takes to help run a site, and get to know the members a lot. What more could you ask for? Also, quote on quote: I think I deserve the mentioned position because I am patient and I have a good relation with people. To bring up another reason, when hearing thoughts, good, or mediocre, he tries to help the member accomplish the job. So my vote goes for Eduardo.
~Thank you Razz
Moo
Moo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Im voting for Eduardo because i feel that he is one of the only Admins that accutually listen to me and try to help other members besides other admins. He has alot of paitens or how ever the fuck you spell it for everyone. I like him as a person also, because when people take the piss out of him like (people saying he was from mexico and shit like that) he stays calm and just ignore them, or says he isn't bothered. BOOOM!!! Smile

Jamie
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:35 pm

My vote will go to Buckfuffles. He's a great admin, constantly active on the forum, and chat, and is one amazing addition to the site. I hope he'll do a great job, assuming he's elected. In addition, he's a great battler, gets along with most, if not all, members, and has been a huge positive influence on the site since the day he got here.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Danye West Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:32 pm

My golly this is such a hard decision. All of the admins are really great and up for the job. But my vote goes to Eduardo. He is a very nice guy who listens to all the members here. He always keeps his temper, he gets along with pretty much everyone here. He is always posting and on chat. He is one of the founders of Nightmare and has been here ever since. He has experience for it. I hope you give him a chance too.
Danye West
Danye West
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

[Election Week I] Administrator Vote [OVER] Empty My Vote

Post by AbsoulAwaken Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:35 am

While I have only been on Nightmare for a couple of months, I had a tough time choosing a vote. All of the people on the ballot are fantastic, kind, and good people. However, in the end, I decided to go with Buck as my choice.

Buck is the first moderator I met here on Nightmare. He is one of the only mods that I not only feel comfortable talking to, but also respects the rules and adds a lot of fun and humor to the chatbox. He is a funny, responsible person who knows the site and knows what needs to be done. He talks to and ask questions to some of the smaller users, such as me or new users. He cares about everyone, not just the other mods and admins. That's a trait I like to see, and Buck shows this in many ways.

With all due respect to the other people running for Staff, Buck get's my vote. Good luck to you all.
AbsoulAwaken
AbsoulAwaken
Devoted Shadow
Devoted Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by WINTERFRESH Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:04 pm

Well it's kinda sad whats gonna happen here, funny coming from me right? Well I think what is gonna happen could really help the site.

Well my vote goes to griffin. I believe she can help the site with experience none of the current admins or mods have. I also believe that she could help re-design nightmare to make it more appealing to new members. Griffin is also an expert when it comes to art, we could get the perfect banner or have a contest which she could be the judge of. She has also helped in starting a clan, and helps members all the time. Even without power griffin is helping the site, and giving feedback for the site that could really improve it.

And I would just like to say sorry for everyone i couldn't vote for, you would all make amazing admins.
WINTERFRESH
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:03 pm

It has been a week since the topic has opened, so it's time for the closing for the Administrator Election.

After a week of voting from members, it's my pleasure to announce that buckthefuffalo and Eduardo will retain their current position as site admins. So congratulations to the both of you from the behalf of the site. We all know that you two will do your best to bring the best to site, and bring us forward. Thank you Candidates for running for this position.

As for the other Administrative Candidates, you will be placed into the running for Moderator, unless you contact one of the two current Admins through PM announcing a possible dropping out.

We wish the best of luck to the Admins, and we're wishing luck to the other Candidates of the upcoming Moderator Elections. Thank you to the members for sticking with us so far into the Elections.

And once again,

Congrats to buckthefuffalo and Eduardo!
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down