Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
New elections for Staff EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
New elections for Staff EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
New elections for Staff EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
New elections for Staff EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
New elections for Staff EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
New elections for Staff EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
New elections for Staff EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
New elections for Staff EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
New elections for Staff EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
New elections for Staff 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o New elections for Staff Nightmare New elections for Staff Sb10 New elections for Staff 21o6g49

New elections for Staff

+10
Lynjabear
Eduardo
Danye West
Evo
WINTERFRESH
Evan
Aaron
Awakening
buckthefuffalo
Safiliwen
14 posters

Go down

New elections for Staff Empty New elections for Staff

Post by Safiliwen Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:06 pm

Hello all, as stated in previous talks and posts we will be electing a minor staff revamp. To sign yourself up as a candidate for one of these said positions, you will leave your sign up "form" here. These are the ONLY posts I want to see here. Any other posts saying whether person a or b is a good or bad choice will be deleted. This is for candidate sign ups only.
You will be required to have a minimum 30 posts, been a member for at least 2 months, and have legible typing skills. You will also be required to PM your form to a Admin/Mod to proofread it before posting into this section. Failure to do so will result in your post being deleted. This includes current admins and mods; PM your form to another Admin or Mod to proofread.

They will go in this order

Position wanted:
Reason why you should be given the position:

Any and all further steps will be taken when the admins feel enough people have signed up or enough time has passed. (7 days from now)
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

New elections for Staff Empty Re: New elections for Staff

Post by buckthefuffalo Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:16 pm

And just to make something clear here: There is to be no flaming/bashing of another potential candidate or what they have said in their signup form. Any posts doing so will be deleted, and if you planned on running, you will be disqualified from doing so. Save all of your questions/comments on another member running for the actual election thread when it comes around.

Oh, by the way, if you fail to follow this rule, Evan will personally cut you. Have a nice day.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:02 pm

Looks like I'm up first.

Position wanted: Moderator

Reason for why you should get the Position: I try my best for this site, part of the staff or not. I run a Gym and I'm proud of it. I always try to do my best when members are upset to cheer them up and see what's up and how to assist them. So far, I don't believe I've made any abuses in power and the like, and I think I'm currently well recieved as Moderator as I stand. In addition to these, I try to help the site a little, even if it's just through entertainment, such as Trivia Nights, the planned Movie Night, and doing small requests specificly for members by making Signatures and Avatars for them to display on the site. Personality wise, I think I'm mellow enough to be approached for concerns, and I try my best not to intimidate others. I can get serious when I feel something or somebody threatens the site in any way. I try to be clear when voicing an opinion, and listening along if I haven't formed one at the moment.

Proofread by buckthefuffalo.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Position Wanted: Moderator
The reason I should get moderator is because I try my best to come up with ideas that will benefit the site. I run an awesome Ghost Gym, a place for gambling with me,and as of right now I'm currently a registered trainer in the Battle Frontier ! Very Happy Also I run the Battle Dojo, which was intended to be a Battle Dojo, but Awake and the rest decided for it to be more called the Battle Arena , the original name was Battle Dojo , something I started but I'm cool with that, I run it with Aizen. I came up with the idea of starting a Dojo.I'm also a tutor at the Nightmare Academy so I can help you with you team building.My friends say I'm good with giving advice and being a good therapist, so the members can come to me with any problems they have . I will try my best to not cause any fights with the members and with myself. Same as Awake, I'll try to help the site in any way I possibly can and be serious when I have to be.If I become Mod I will listen to the members to what they have to say and make sure they aren't ignored like how I was ignored , I will try my best to make their ideas become a reality and I will argue if your idea is tossed aside like how mine was tossed aside.I'm always being constantly ignored when I try to say something, if you are being ignored , I will change that.I was also a Mod in a xat chat. PokechampsOne of the top posters here at Nightmare, I make RMT's and Custom Sets when I have the time. I'm the 7th top 20 poster here at Nightmare.forumotions.net, and on the weekends when I'm not busy I get in about 20 posts . Thanks for reading.
Proofread by Buck. Aka Maki, Awake.

Last edited by Leo on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 7 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:20 pm

Korasi here.

Reason Why I Am Qualified: I have prior Moderation experience. I believe that I have many new ideas to be implemented into the site. Some of you like me, some of you do not. But no matter, I will not let that get in the way of me doing my job. I am great at recruiting. I believe that there is a time for play and a time for work. I, like Awakening, try my best for the site, Moderator or not. However, I think that there is so much more to be had with this Forum. I'm not in this election for the power, I'm here because everybody should have their voice. If you feel unheard, talk to me and it will go straight to the top. I am irritable if I try to be nice to you and don't receive the same back OR if you just DON'T get what I'm saying. If I ask you to stop something, and you do it anyway, to me it's like saying " *uck you ". But otherwise, people usually look to me to help lighten up conversations. I am a Tutor, and I'm also a Gym Leader. I'm quite a capable battler, so if people need any sort of help, I'm here. I try not to intimidate people (sometimes people that have powerful positions do so), but there are some people that take a Moderator too seriously and cower before them. I have plenty of experience with the people here. I know most of you; I will do my best to get to know those that I don't. I really enjoy being here. I feel that if I were a Moderator, the Chat would be nearly stress-free because, as any of you who have been under me before have seen, I don't take bullshit from anyone. I obviously have been here longer than 2 months (a year in a couple of weeks), so you don't need to worry about my history here. And don't worry. If you express a private concern with me, if you specify that you don't want anyone to know, it will die with me unless told otherwise. By the way, I realize that I've made my fair share of mistakes in the past. I ask that you please forgive me if I have offended you in ANY way shape or form. I wish to move on and be purged of my transgressions in order to do what is right for all of you Thank you for reading my post; hope to see you later.

Approved by buckthefuffalo and Awakening.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Position Desired: Administrator
Reasons why I'm qualified:I believe I meet all the requirements, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I'd like to run for admin because I believe I can be a good, positive influence on the site. I'm generally good at solving problems, and I feel as though I'm trusted by members. I have been an active member virutally since the beginning of Nightmare's lifespan, and was one of the founding member's of it's predessecor, EPT. I have plenty of admin expierence, as well as forum expierence. I run a gym, always offer a helping hand, and I attempt to lighten up the chat when it gets to for serial. I also founded many topics on the site, including, The original set of the week, the workshop, several Interactive Stories (the timing was rather poor, the site was in a depression). I (along with Safi) also founded the Clan Wepkier, as well as gave the idea of restarting the gyms and clans in attempt to make them more active. I am also an Elite Four Member, a gym leader, and am always willing to help, if asked. I am also a spriter, participate in most, if not all, tournaments, and I think I am well recieved as an admin. I will be starting a new part of the Battle Dojo soon (the Battle Factory), which will hopefully go into multiple tiers as well as give some nice rewards.

I know when there's a time to be immature and there's a time to be serious. I hope that you'll let me lead you foward. Thanks.

Edit: I will put chocolate milk in the drinking fountains. :3

Verified by Safiliwen

Last edited by Evan on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by WINTERFRESH Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Reasons why I'm qualified: I try my best to try to get everyone's voice heard at Nightmare, I will do everything possible to help everyone. I try to become everyone's friend here at nightmare, and I know most people pretty well, and get to know you better each and everyday through posting and the chatbox.Im on the forum for most of the day, even when school starts. I try to keep up with all of the newest thing, and try out all of the games you play, most of which I really enjoy. I run a bug gym which I really enjoy and take pride in owning. I also am an employee of Moo's daycare which will be a great experience. I run trivia night with Awake which has been a huge success and you guys seem like you enjoy it a lot. I started making signatures for free for any one who wants one. Whenever a debate comes up I never hesitate for my opinions to be heard, I always make sure every side is covered and that nothing is neglected. Being fair is everything for me, I won't pick favorites or treat someone unfairly. Im always here if you want to talk about something or you need some help, I'll do my best to resolve things. I have been here at Nightmare since the first month it was open. To me this place is a home and I will do everything I can to make it the best experience possible for you.

I thank you all so much for your time.

Approved and Proofread by Evan
WINTERFRESH
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evo Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:50 pm

Position wanted: Admin

Reason why you should be given the position: I have recently been trying my best to help out the forum in any way possible. I offered to make a banner for the forum, and got a good feedback from it. I want to be more than just a member. I am a dedicated member of the Heroes clan and current replacement for Saf's water gym leader position for the time being. I have met all the requirements need to become an admin. I am very honest and understanding. I have changed a lot since I first joined. I no longer get mad so easily and rarely if ever start arguments. I did this to make the forum less hostile.

I want to make this site become great again. I have followed the new chatbox rule and started to post more often. I will do whatever it takes to make this forum successful and I think me being an admin would help clear up the clutter around here. I will dedicate all the time I can to this site if need be. I will make good incentives to make the forum more active and healthy. I will be fair and honest to all members so that everything runs smoothly. The forum has been like a second home to me, I love coming here so that I can enjoy everyone's outrageous outbursts and get good laughs. I will not let this site die.

Thanks for your time.

Approved by Aizen

Last edited by Evo on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Evo
Evo
Devoted Shadow
Devoted Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Danye West Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:34 pm

Position wanted: Admin.

Reason why i'm qualified: I've been an administrator on Nightmare from since it's creation, giving me a good amount of experience. I always try to solve problems in the nicest way possible. I listen to the members, I always take there ideas into consideration and if a member is in need I always take my time to ask them what they need. Members don't hesitate to ask for help with a concern since i'm pretty approachable. I'm a very active member since I have a lot of free time. Even when I lost internet I always tried to make an effort to come on here as much as possible. (Went to the library every day to check on you guys. :]) I'm patient and I don't get mad easily, I have never abused my powers on my time here. I post frequently and I love to share RMT's with people. I'm a gym leader, I own clan heroes, and I run a Battle Dojo with Leo. I'm one of the people who recruit the most here, (Ex: Lucario, BuckTheFuffalo, Moo, Masterdude) and I continue to recruit whenever I can. I participate in most tournaments, and i'm a pretty nice guy overall. I always try to be as happy as I can and I always try to befriend new members so they can feel more welcome here.
Thank you for reading. :]

Proofread by: Flash.
Danye West
Danye West
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Position wanted: Administrator

Reason why you should be given the position: I think I deserve the mentioned position because I am patient and I have a good relation with people. Thanks to that, I’m good at discerning what is a joke and I’m able to keep my temper and think carefully before making a decision I would regret later if taken on the heat of the moment. In addition to what I’ve said before, I always listen to the members' ideas and try to accomplish them to make the site a more enjoyable place to members, as this place was made for them. I also have been Administrator for some time, so I have some experience about situations I might face. These are the characteristics that differentiate me.
Besides that, I’m active on Nightmare: I have a gym; I’m part of Battle Tower and one of the top posters on the Forum. I always voice my opinions even though most people could be against it and try to come to a middle term, trying to please as many people as possible.

Proofread by Aizen.
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:37 pm

Position Wanted – Moderator

Reason why you should get the position – Like Evan, I looked at all the criteria, saw that I had fufilled them all, and then decided I had nothing to lose by running. I own my sand-abusive rock gym here at nightmare, a custom sprite shop, came up with the warstory section, am the judge in all the nightmare sprite contests, a tutor at the Nightmare Academy, part of Moo’s daycare, and the top poster here in the forums. I frequently make my own sets for either the custom section or sometimes the set of the week, and I occasionally post RMTs. I try to be friendly to people at nightmare, and I am on almost every day.

Proofread by Flash and BuckFuffles
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Position wanted: Administrator

Why I think I'm qualified: I meet the criteria to run in the Election, and most importantly, I think I deserve the position because I'm a good member to the site, have done MANY things in my reign of Adminship, and is someone you could rely on.

In the site's days, we have all experienced, massive amounts of tension. Stress, on a Website. A Website designed for fun. I can understand why there is so much tension in the site. I'm stressed at the fact of this as well, and I feel that I haven't done much to stop it. With this new election, everything starts clean, and I feel I could kick it up a notch if you are well nice enough to vote for me. I want to fix the site, in every way I can, and can fulfill your needs. I've helped at almost every instance when a Member would need assistance, and I'm glad to do so. I love working for such a successful site.

Another reason why I think I should deserve Admin is because, I've done so much for the site and I have experience in this sort of thing. Do you see all the colors on the text of the Forums? That was me. Remember those "DTs" you all trade and use on the Forum? I was the one who brought it back. (I'm also in charge of them if you need anything concerning them.) And MANY more things I have done. I have also been here since the 2nd day the Website was even created and is online every DAY. And I'm thankful for the Admins and the rest to have kept this site running and alive since nearly 11 months ago. Again, I still want to help.

I am also one of the MOST active posters in the whole Forum. I'm #2 on the Top Posters to be exact. I love to exaggerate the posts to make them interesting as possible. If I am elected to keep my position, I will try to renovate the Forums, make them more interesting, and organize them.

I believe that the site still has a chance now, even though it's at this state. I am extremely willing to change that. I will fulfill ALL your needs and I WILL become a better Administrator for all of you. This whole post is nothing but a persuasion. If you think I should stay an Admin and is able heighten the strength of my current duties, consider voting for me.

Hope you have a good day.~
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by griffin★ Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:45 pm

Position wanted: Mod or admin~ Whichever one seems more fitting o3o
Reason why you should be given the position:
I'm not really much the type to write out long and boring explanations, so I'll try to keep this short and simple~
Experience stuff: I have over 3 years of experience in running and moderating forums. I know all the ropes and boundaries between positions and have used Forumotion in the past. Solving problems and helping people has become second nature to me with my job~ Though I am generally laid back, if a situation arises that needs action, I'm not hesitant to go into LG Paladin mode and whip out my hammer and boot. Starting and operating contests is also one of my strong suits~ Oh, I also have "professional spy" in my job description o3o (Yes, I have done under cover operations to solve problems on forums before.)
About myself: As you've probably noticed, I'm not much the type to go into crowded places. For the most part, I'm a creeper when I'm on the outside and only say something if I have some thing to say. But lurking around without anything interesting catching my eye is a bit sad =w=" I certainly wouldn't mind starting some official contest to get some activity going~ It's true that I'm not much of a battler; I'm terrible with strategies XD Being a pokemon battling master isn't everything~ Another thing... I am "a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: A horrible person. We weren't even testing for that." "Don't let that 'horrible person' thing discourage you. It's just a data point" and holds no importance~ Nah, I'm not all that horrible unless somebody is being really and I mean really insubordinate o3o
There's probably more I want to say, but I just can't remember XD Sorry for failing at keeping this short -w-" Hope you enjoyed my analogies and allusions at least xD

Approved by: Aizen
griffin★
griffin★
Dream
Dream

http://sweetcharm.net/forums

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:52 pm

Okay, looks like it's my turn.

Position Wanted: Admin

Why I'm Qualified:

I've been a member of this site for nearly half a year, and lemme' tell ya', it's been one heck of a half-year. I've made several great friends and become a regular here, both on chat and on the forums. Heck, I've been active on the forums since I first came here, when they were about 75% smaller and all we had that was decent was general discussion Razz It was mostly myself, Saf, and Evan that started forum reform many months ago, which gave birth to sections such as anime, games, and many others, which later caused the forum to evolve into what you see today.

I always tried my best to help out, even when I was just a member. I mostly gave feedback on small things such as whether a banner was good, different sets you could use for battling, stuff like that. However I also spoke my mind on bigger issues, such as the previously mentioned forum renovations. So basically, I was a help to the site (and happy to do it) even before I had any sort of staff position. I remember when Saf was made mod a couple weeks after I started visiting this site (he was newer), even though I was also an option to Aizen. Where most members would have had anger, I took it with grace and continued to help the site in any way I could until I earned mod, then admin, and I still do my best to help out today.

How do I aide the site, you ask? Well, firstly, I post in the forum. A lot. And nine times out of ten, they aren't just little snippets. Paragraphs and paragraphs of writing that takes immeasurable effort, sometimes taking an hour plus, which I'm very proud of.

"But, how is that relevant to anything"?

Well, it shows that I care about this site and what I do on it. I don't try to make my sentences flow well or edit them for my own pleasure. I do it for you, the member, because I care. I care about this site. I care about the forums. I care about the chat. I care about the people who inhabit it. Want some examples?

Remember when there was that massive reaction to the "three posts a week" thing? Who was there, almost constantly checking it, answering members' concerns and questions, listening to alternative ideas that the members had, and giving their take time and time again, even if it meant they had to repeat themself? That would be me.

Take a look at nearly half of the posts in this thread, at the end. If you look primarily at the ones in the beginning of the thread, you'll see that I helped proofread them (along with others as well). Not only does this show that a lot of members feel they can easily come to me, it also shows that they trust me and rely on me to do a good job. I know of others that are going to be doing the same with their applications, and I'm more than glad to do it.

Every week I make sure to get out a part of my Let's Play, which, by the way, is the only regularly updated LP we have right now. Even though it takes a huge amount of time and effort, I still enjoy doing it, again not for my own amusement, but to provide some entertainment for you guys, because I know how much many of you love it. I get a sense of satisfaction every time I see that someone has posted on them, because I know that it most likely gave them some kind of enjoyment to read it. I'm not saying this out of arrogance either. I've received absolutely zero negative feedback on it so far.

Although it's not a huge deal now since the League isn't as big a deal as it used to be, I'm also an E4 member for what it counts. I typically help members out in the RMT section provided it's OU, since that's what I actually play.

For those of you involved, remember when a certain member made a very offensive post about this site on another forum? I do. Remember how I made that post that consisted of 10+ paragraphs defending this site, my fellow staff members, and even the non-staff members? Now, I'm not trying to bash the person who did this, for those of you that know. I've forgiven them for what they've done, and I hope you do too. However, the point is that I cared enough about this site to make a gigantic post that was purely written by my heart and soul, spending a total of about two hours on it. If that doesn't speak for my dedication, I'm not sure what does.

I listen to what members have to say, and help them out if I can. I'm also usually on every day, so I'm very approachable. Many-a-time have I advised members to PM me if they had an issue, and for those that have come to me ever for an issue, do I not try to help you out best I can?

Now, some of you may think I'm mean or evil or whatever. However, the simple fact is that I'm very passionate about many issues concerning the site, because, again, I care. I want what's best for this site, and I believe that I can provide some change to this site that will benefit it greatly. Of course, I'd be sure to listen to the other staff members as well, just as I always have.

I have one more issue that's very specific that I'd like to cover before I finish up here, that being the "three posts a week to get into chat" rule. I admit that it wasn't the best way to go about things, but just understand that I supported it because I thought it would be for the best of this site, so we have something more meaningful to discuss than what goes on in chat. However, if elected, I won't push that rule to be enforced. Instead, I would try to find an alternative by discussing the issue with the new staff that would benefit the forum, while still allowing chat to be available as much as possible.

In conclusion, I know that some of you felt (or may even feel) that I was/am little more than a replacement for the last admin who mysteriously left us, Roaming. However, I hope that this post and my previous actions, the time and dedication that I've put into this site, convince you otherwise.

Thanks a billion for reading. I know it's a long post even by my standards, but I feel that only further supports my dedication to the quality of what I do for this site, as well as my love for it.

-BucktheFuffalo

Post approved by my dear friend Awakening
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:32 pm

Reasons why I'm qualified: For starters, I have experience in being admin, I was an admin at EPT for a short while (Elite Poke Trainers) and at Berserks as well,so I guess I have plenty experience.Also, like Leo, I'm a registered trainer in the Battle Frontier and In the Battle Dojo! I visit chat every day and post every day,I'm even one of the top posters on this site! I'm kinda the Clown of the chat along with a couple other members, so I can make members happy when their feeling down.Like my brother WINTERFRESH, I'm a very fair person and I wouldn't treat anyone unfairly, even if we had problems in the past.I know everyone on this site, some of you are like my family, some of you don't like me, and if you don't I want you to PM me telling me why, I want problems with no one here.I know I get sucked into arguments on the chat, and I've been working on fixing that for a while now and I've learned to control it.Well that's pretty much all I have to say, Nightmare's been like my second home every since I got here, the people here are my family and Mod or No mod no matter what I'll always try my best to keep you guys happy.Remember, I love you guys like family and I'll always be here with you guys no matter what.Thank you for your time.

Proofread by Safiliwen and Awakening.
Luck
Luck
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by L Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:21 am

Position desired : Administrator/moderator

Reason : I have wanted Administrator or Moderator and have always tried to help the site, I have had many ideas and know how to work the site and I hope i can be a part of the Administrators or Moderators.

Why I am qualified : I have had some ideas for the site, and am willing to help the site. I also have a very high IQ and can solve problems and puzzles. I can find solutions to things that help the site as a whole. I have a forum site and know how the administration panel works, I know how to give members status, ban and take away status, and a lot more.

Drawbacks : I will be honest with this. I have been in arguments on the site, though I don't really like to argue. I am not the best at making banners, but I don't think that is a very big deal.

I know Administrators and Moderators have a status to uphold and I would have to be respectful, as well as avoiding fights if possible. I am aware of this and I will act accordingly as i should. Though I will still be my happy perky nice self, just without being stupid and arguing or making a big deal out of small things.

I understand others may be more qualified than me but I still hope I can get the position, and I will not let you down.

I know I have done some wrong here on nightmare, but I would like to make up for it, if you all will give me a chance.

Verified by - Evan and Awakening
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down