Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! Nightmare Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! Sb10 Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! 21o6g49

Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

+12
Luck
Evan
Kuroikkakujuu
griffin★
L
Frashu
Lynjabear
sheppy_spooks
Anubis
buckthefuffalo
ChronoDuck
Safiliwen
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! Empty Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by Safiliwen Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Starting a week from this post the Chatbox will be closed to all members apart from Fridays through to Sunday evening, including staff. This will only be given to members if they make 3 meaningful posts/topics within the week leading up to Friday each week. Your posts must be meaningful and show that there has been time spent on each one, this includes threads you may create during this time, lack of quality or effort on either of these will be deducted from your count and will not count for the weeks 3 total.

While we know this will anger members this is to ensure we keep the members who wish to help our community grow and actually drive us forward, anyone unhappy with this decision is free to PM staff about why this solution was made and for what purpose it serves.

The main reason and purpose we are doing this for is to ensure more activity is spread in the forums, at this point in time and for the future we are primarily a Forum first and a Chatbox second, however recently this has not been the case, this measure has been taken as a last resort to further cement the fact that we are a Forum first and a Chatbox second.

While this might get old being told this over and over, this is a step to renovate the forums and make them more appealing to one old members and two bringing more members to our community while you all may not like the idea, it is something we by a majority vote think this is something that has to be put in place to promote further growth for this site as a whole. I also will not be naming names as who did or did not want this idea set in place.

Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! Empty Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by ChronoDuck Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 pm

This could go both ways, but my vote in on

Forum + this rule = kill.

You cant force people to do something, especially on the internet, that supply other forums..

but some people like a good old Fascist regime......
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! Empty Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:59 pm

ChronoDuck wrote:This could go both ways, but my vote in on

Forum + this rule = kill.

You cant force people to do something, especially on the internet, that supply other forums..

but some people like a good old Fascist regime......

We realize that we may lose members over this, but we need the ones that are willing to contribute to this forum, that being posting. We can't force you to do anything, and technically, we aren't. Access to the chat is not a right. It's meant to be a fun extra to the site, not the main focus of it. We see that it's getting in the way of this site's growth and development, and so it must be taken away (temporarily, mind you).

We've tried to get members to post before, but it hasn't worked. And to be honest, most people will not post anything relevant as long as that chat is up. So we're going to try to promote posting the only way we can: by making accessing it only available if you actually take part in some discussion. We have all the sections you could ask for, and if you feel different, feel free to say something in the suggestions section. We've given the forum the tools it needs to function. Don't see anything you feel like posting in? Make a thread. It isn't hard.

I'd also like to mention that we aren't asking for multi-paragraph posts here. Just as long as it isn't some sort of spammy post, it will most likely count towards your weekly total. We just want to do this until the forum becomes stable. Then chat will be back 24/7.

Also, your analogy about this rule being equivalent to Fascism might have made sense if it wasn't for the staff being fair game for this rule as well. This isn't us trying to dictate the members. This is a team effort meant to make this site something besides a little black box at the bottom of the page.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:05 pm

To be honest, i don't think this rule is worth it. School year has begun and most (and listen closely as i do say MOST, not all) members don't have time to make a lot of huge and meaningful posts. They will probably just come into chatbox, say hi, stay in for for a while or more, have some battles, talk, and leave. School makes the life of every student occupied, so i think it will be better if this rule isn't set into motion.

With all due respect,
Anubis.
Anubis
Anubis
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Anubis wrote:To be honest, i don't think this rule is worth it. School year has begun and most (and listen closely as i do say MOST, not all) members don't have time to make a lot of huge and meaningful posts. They will probably just come into chatbox, say hi, stay in for for a while or more, have some battles, talk, and leave. School makes the life of every student occupied, so i think it will be better if this rule isn't set into motion.

With all due respect,
Anubis.

Firstly, thank you for sharing your opinion in a thoughtful manner.

Like I said, your posts don't have to be huge. As long as they relate to the topic while sticking with the site rules, it's all good. Heck, it could be a single sentence. Just something.

Don't forget that you also have Monday through Friday to get it done. Most posts don't take that long, probably ten minutes at the most if you're going for a shorter one. Most probably spend that much time on the chat at a time. Do that three times a week. Boom. Done.

I'm not trying to argue with or intimidate anyone here. I'm just trying to address concerns that you guys have with this. If any of you have other concerns, feel free to post them here, or send me a PM about it, and I'll do my best to answer. Just putting that out there.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:21 pm

Well Anubis infact this might benfit school students as you can loose your mind in a chat and you say you go on for 5 minutes and the next thing you know its 1 Am. So without the temptation of the Chat Box it could in turn help people.

Well thanks Buck for making Safi's post a little bit more clearer. I understand the concern for the activity of the forum and I give more power to this.. However i do suggest making the reward a bit more.. Rewarding? just think about it from a visitors point of view? To access chat you are forced to make 3 meaning full posts? To me, looking from a visitors point of view a little bit much since there are other forums.

At the end of the day I'm not too upset since i barely use the Chatbox as is, i prefer to have posting discussions, but some (if not most) especially people who just come to battle, will not find staying on this forum beneficial..

and hahaha sorry about the Fascist comment..
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:34 pm

ChronoDuck wrote:Well thanks Buck for making Safi's post a little bit more clearer. I understand the concern for the activity of the forum and I give more power to this.. However i do suggest making the reward a bit more.. Rewarding? just think about it from a visitors point of view? To access chat you are forced to make 3 meaning full posts? To me looking from a visitors point of view a little bit much since there are other forums.

At the end of the day I'm not too upset since i barely use the Chatbox as is, i prefer to have posting discussions, but some (if not most) especially people who just come to battle, will not find staying on this forum beneficial..

and hahaha sorry about the Fascist comment..

No problem, I'm glad to do it. This is a big change for the site, so I don't mind doing it.

About making it more rewarding, we were originally just planning to give you Friday, but I thought that was way too little time, so I proposed we give you the entire weekend instead, and the rest of those for this movement agreed. I'm not sure if we can really extend how long you have access to the chat, or reduce how many posts you need to make. However, I was thinking that maybe if a member made 10+ posts that follow the guidelines in a week, they could get a freebie for the next week and not have to make any posts to access chat that weekend. I admit, ten is rather high, but if you know that, for example, next week you'll have too much work to be able to post, it could save you. If you guys have other suggestions for how it could be made a little more rewarding in your eyes, you can post those in the suggestions section.

Those who come to battle will find sanctuary in a new section that should be up soon after this is put into effect, which will allow them to post threads for wanting to battle. However, those posts will most likely not count towards your total, since it would be ridiculously easy to just make a couple posts there and say "I'm done".

And it's okay. I admit it was funny, but I didn't think it really applies well to this topic.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Well I was thinking and how about, the non-staff-member who posts the most gets to be a Mod/CB mod for the 3 days? That way there was some benefit for posting alot more, than just posting three and giving up.. I do think it should be more "A game" Style, rather then "Telling us". Like you said Buck 10+ You get to have a free week.. but maybe the administration should think of a list of "Easy too do rewards" (just a suggestions, and im sorrry i tried to think of something but at the moment have no clue, if i think of something i will come back to this)

Also i think there should be a "Member of the week", a member, not the one who has posted the most (unless you want to tie my Chatbox mod of the week with the member of the week.), but the one who has contributed well to discussion and has been helpfull...

I have a question though, how are you going to moderate all of this thought? Its quite a big task? Becareful about getting lazy on this...
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Yeah pretty much like I said we don't want to do this, and we're not forcing anyone to do anything at all, it's fully their choice if they post or not =] while we know it's a pretty damn drastic move we just feel it needed to done.

EDIT: I also think Chronos ideas are pretty good, we could put one or both of them into action at some point, the member of the week would be a great idea as long as it doesn't create tension and friction within our community more.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by sheppy_spooks Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:32 pm

this is not a good idea at all...........i think we will loose alotta members

sheppy_spooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:44 pm

Though all the points I wanted to make were pretty much already said by other nightmarers, I have a few opinions about the rule.

I'm a little both-sided about it in general. Even though I don't have any issues with the rule personally, (I probably post as much as most of the mods here, and I think I have the most DTS) I think it sounds a little harsh. Three times a week isn't that much, but the way it is stated in the rule alone may cause us to lose members that enjoy spending a few spare moments to drop by the chatbox.

However, I do like posting, and I like active forums as well, and this seems to be positive reinforcement for that. I have a few too many custom sets, RMTs, set of the weeks, and other posts/threads with 2 or less replies.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:08 pm

That's the problem Epic. Too many people just leisure themselves on the Chatbox. I mean, I've told people this many times, " If the Forum doesn't get enough posts we might have to shut down the box." Apparently it fell on deaf ears. We created FORUM for a reason. The Chatbox is just a privilege, and to get it back, you should work for it.

And is 3 Posts really hell? I've already gotten many negative responses from people saying how our Forum is dead. In fact, the Chat's barely alive at times. The Forum works as a way for interesting things to talk about and respond to.

I know I'll be getting the," der's nothing intresting on the forumz." But that's something all Admins will take part in. We'll make more interesting topics such as more LPs, RMTs, other events, and more renovations. Only a select few post on the Forum at all, (and that's what causes those uninteresting topics yall talk about.) and many Topics and Threads end up, unanswered.

This Chatbox was just a privilege, and no privileges are free. You care about the Site at all? Help it back up on this thread it has been hanging onto. Don't wanna post? That's your choice. Then we can't have that.

... That is all. It's for the better of the site. We discussed many times, I've told you about this occurring, and this is the Final Judgement. If no good were to come to this decision then there was no point in doing it in the first place.

/endrant
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by L Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:39 pm

you want a meaningful post? members might not do this and if they do i dont think they will like it. this site isnt that important that it actually matters. its supposed to be for fun. if people want to talk in the chat to have fun let them. think about it. if members come for the chat and the chat is taken away, will they still come? so we make 3 posts and we get to talk on the chat for the weekend? sounds like homework or something. the chat should stay and i dont think this rule will help. oh and dont you admins have your own chat?
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by griffin★ Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:03 pm

Haha, I dont even use the chat so yay~ This doesn't apply to me at all XDDD -goes on as usual-
griffin★
griffin★
Dream
Dream

http://sweetcharm.net/forums

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:27 pm

I had to go away for a while to do some work. I'll answer your guys' posts now.

ChronoDuck wrote:Well I was thinking and how about, the non-staff-member who posts the most gets to be a Mod/CB mod for the 3 days? That way there was some benefit for posting alot more, than just posting three and giving up.. I do think it should be more "A game" Style, rather then "Telling us". Like you said Buck 10+ You get to have a free week.. but maybe the administration should think of a list of "Easy too do rewards" (just a suggestions, and im sorrry i tried to think of something but at the moment have no clue, if i think of something i will come back to this)

Also i think there should be a "Member of the week", a member, not the one who has posted the most (unless you want to tie my Chatbox mod of the week with the member of the week.), but the one who has contributed well to discussion and has been helpfull...

I have a question though, how are you going to moderate all of this thought? Its quite a big task? Becareful about getting lazy on this...

I don't think it would be wise to let someone be a mod for posting the most that week. As I've mentioned before, not everyone can hold a staff position, even if it were to be temporary.

I do, however, like the idea of giving other tasks to members for some sort of reward involving chat. To be honest though, I think member of the week is too often. Member of the Month would be better in my opinion, and it would also take more time and dedication, which is more worthy of such an honor. Plus that could make the staff up the ante on rewards for that achievement.

And you have a point. However, we do have ways to keep up with this. It should be the last of our worries concerning this issue, at least from what I know from past attempts.

sheppy_spooks wrote:this is not a good idea at all...........i think we will loose alotta members

Not to be rude here, but I would need a little more than that to back up your first statement. Not to mention, you're new here, so I hope you won't be offended when I say that I can't really weigh your opinion very heavily against the others here, considering how big of a change this is. Better grammar would help too.

EpicNinjaBear wrote:I'm a little both-sided about it in general. Even though I don't have any issues with the rule personally, (I probably post as much as most of the mods here, and I think I have the most DTS) I think it sounds a little harsh. Three times a week isn't that much, but the way it is stated in the rule alone may cause us to lose members that enjoy spending a few spare moments to drop by the chatbox.

However, I do like posting, and I like active forums as well, and this seems to be positive reinforcement for that. I have a few too many custom sets, RMTs, set of the weeks, and other posts/threads with 2 or less replies.

Some of my fellow staff members have already had to make hard decisions regarding those who won't be able to make the post count required for accessing chat. We don't like it, but this was planned with losing members in mind, both those who want to post but can't due to time constraints, and those who just don't care. Mind you, we didn't think of anyone in particular though, just to make that clear. We wouldn't be surprised if some left. That's their decision, and I can't stop them. As much as I hate to say it, it's a strict rule that most likely isn't going to be bent for anyone because that wouldn't be fair for everyone.

And the threads that aren't getting responses but deserve them are exactly why we decided to put this into action. Ignorance of the forums has gone on far too long.

AND REMEMBER, PEOPLE, MEANINGFUL DOES NOT MEAN LONG.

Flash wrote:Post cut due to space

I agree one-hundred percent with Flash here. It's the blunt, hard truth. Many good points in that post there.

Reshiram wrote:you want a meaningful post? members might not do this and if they do i dont think they will like it. this site isnt that important that it actually matters. its supposed to be for fun. if people want to talk in the chat to have fun let them. think about it. if members come for the chat and the chat is taken away, will they still come? so we make 3 posts and we get to talk on the chat for the weekend? sounds like homework or something. the chat should stay and i dont think this rule will help. oh and dont you admins have your own chat?

Whether they like it or not, they need to contribute to this forum by posting. As I've already mentioned, we're well aware that members who only come for the chat may leave. That's why this was such a hard decision. We knew it could result in members leaving, but if we didn't do it, nothing would have ever changed. And I don't know about you, but I don't like where we're at right now, especially the forum. You say it sounds like homework, but it really isn't. You post in topics you take interest in for fun. You make a topic if you don't like any of the topics out there for fun. The forum is for fun. Even those who don't like to write can enjoy posting in a topic they like. If you don't want to do it, then don't. You don't have to do anything. You just won't be reaping the rewards of those who realize that we are a forum and actually decide to post.

And yes, there is a chat specifically for the staff. However, don't think we'll be cutting up and having fun there while you're left without chat. That would be a slap in the face to the other members, and honestly I think we're better than that. It will only be used for checking up when we log on to make sure everything's going well, and be alerted to any problems, as well as discussing issues of the site, such as improving the forums, and the like.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuroikkakujuu Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:23 am

What about the members like me? I post when I find a reason to. Doesn't mean I want to post 3 times a week. Also, some of us have lives on the weekends. Like this past weekend. I was out loading, stacking, reloading, and restacking hay. Other people go out of town, hang out with friends, etc. You guys are trying to kill the forum this way. With school starting, the forum was going to start becoming unactive already, and then this rule is thrown out. I understand that the admins are trying to revive the site as a forum, not a chat. But this isn't the way to do it.

Last edited by Kuroikkakujuu on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Kuroikkakujuu
Kuroikkakujuu

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:30 am

Flash wrote:I know I'll be getting the," der's nothing intresting on the forumz." But that's something all Admins will take part in. We'll make more interesting topics such as more LPs, RMTs, other events, and more renovations. Only a select few post on the Forum at all, (and that's what causes those uninteresting topics yall talk about.) and many Topics and Threads end up, unanswered.

I actually disagree with you on this. Because the staff are not the only people in the forum.

(excuse my caps, but I need to get a point across)

IF THERE IS NOT A TOPIC THAT INTERESTS YOU, MAKE ONE.

To sit there a whine about how nothing on the forum is interesting when you post twice a month makes you nothing more than a hypocrite. I agree that the admins should encourage forum activity, but to say that they have to create interest, is a stretch and naive in itself.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:13 am

What I meant there is that Admins are going to post more too. I didn't say we were going to be the only ones posting. Razz

And I agree with your Caps thing there. We've pretty much said it like 50 times already.

I also agee that the members caused this calamity, not wanting to post in the Forum in the first place. The Forums have been slow for too long, so we took action.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:23 pm

I disagree with this but at the same time I'm with it. Well, what about members that just want to drop by the ChatBox to say hello? They won't be coming on anymore so I think we should just have a limit as to how much time we spend on the CB like If you get at least 2 posts you would have access to the Chat for about 3 hours or so. Sound fair? And I actually think that the forum would benefit from it, so this plan has it's ups, and it's downs.
Luck
Luck
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT! Empty About the rule...

Post by AbsoulAwaken Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:43 pm

I'm sorry. I really do not like this rule.
I'm busy (and other members) often.
So, we might not have the time to post on the forum, just to be in the chatbox.
I understand why the rule is put in place, but..
If something doesn't change about that, I just might leave. Sorry. frowning

I still like this site, but I'm not a huge fan of the direction it's going.
AbsoulAwaken
AbsoulAwaken
Devoted Shadow
Devoted Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:21 pm

Kuroikkakujuu wrote:What about the members like me? I post when I find a reason to. Doesn't mean I want to post 3 times a week. Also, some of us have lives on the weekends. Like this past weekend. I was out loading, stacking, reloading, and restacking hay. Other people go out of town, hang out with friends, etc. You guys are trying to kill the forum this way. With school starting, the forum was going to start becoming unactive already, and then this rule is thrown out. I understand that the authors are trying to revive the site as a forum, not a chat. But this isn't the way to do it.

We are not trying to kill the forum. We're trying to revive it because few members hardly ever post when this is a forum.

And whether or not you have a "life" on the weekend is irrelevant. You have the entire week to make 3 posts so that you can have chat on the weekend. If you don't have time to come on chat during the weekend, it isn't our fault. We don't expect this rule to please everyone or meet everyone's needs. In this situation, that's virtually impossible.

Something I'd like to ask you though: You feel that this isn't the way to go about it. What would you suggest? Honestly.

Lucario wrote:I think we should just have a limit as to how much time we spend on the CB like If you get at least 2 posts you would have access to the Chat for about 3 hours or so. Sound fair? And I actually think that the forum would benefit from it, so this plan has it's ups, and it's downs.

I like your idea, Luc, but it would be near impossible to keep track of how long people have been on. I'm pretty sure we're able to see when people log on to the site, but I don't think we can do the same for chat unless a member of the staff was on at all times. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we can see when you log off the site or chat either.

AbsoulAwaken wrote:So, we might not have the time to post on the forum, just to be in the chatbox.

Most people come onto chat for at least ten minutes at one time, which is enough to make a typical post, if not more.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:34 pm

No we can only see back in the chat log a certain amount so we can't see when they log on, we can however see when they log off but that isn't much help if we don't know how long it's been.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Ok before the site gets tooo redonculous (no spelling error if you watched shrek 4 you will understand) I say we just give it ago, give it a trial Week/few weeks/month? I mean this site really has nothing to loose at this point. From what im reading people are just butt hurt from this new rule, at first i thought the Staff had gone all Coo Coo, but instead of moaning actually think about what they are trying to say... For 4 days a week (note the most inactive 4 days during the school period, which probably members wont really go on to the chat just brows the forum quickly) all you have to do is post 1 sentence on 3 different topics. In reality its not a big task, then for the three days the chat is on (note most active 3 days where you are more likely to find someone online) you can do what you like.

There are benefits to this, 1) The temptation of the Chatbox wont be there, so during study time you wont waste time, and maybe actually get better grades. 2) The chatbox will be more enjoyable, so instead of having those lovely converstations like this:

"Hey
Hey
You alright
Yea
Cool"

Which really happens alot, we will be more exciting on the chatbox. As we wont have run out of things to say. There are moer... I think...

Im gonna support the staff in this discussion, at the end of they day they are the staff, they created the forum, we joined the forum due to there decision for the forum. And they have our and the forums intrest at heart... i mean why would they create a forum just to kill it?
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:24 pm

seems like most admins and a few members are for this. and some are against it. how about we have a poll? not to say if we do this rule or not but to simply see how many members you might end up losing. what do you say, administrators?
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 pm

ChronoDuck wrote:Ok before the site gets tooo redonculous (no spelling error if you watched shrek 4 you will understand) I say we just give it ago, give it a trial Week/few weeks/month? I mean this site really has nothing to loose at this point. From what im reading people are just butt hurt from this new rule, at first i thought the Staff had gone all Coo Coo, but instead of moaning actually think about what they are trying to say... For 4 days a week (note the most inactive 4 days during the school period, which probably members wont really go on to the chat just brows the forum quickly) all you have to do is post 1 sentence on 3 different topics. In reality its not a big task, then for the three days the chat is on (note most active 3 days where you are more likely to find someone online) you can do what you like.

There are benefits to this, 1) The temptation of the Chatbox wont be there, so during study time you wont waste time, and maybe actually get better grades. 2) The chatbox will be more enjoyable, so instead of having those lovely converstations like this:

"Hey
Hey
You alright
Yea
Cool"

Which really happens alot, we will be more exciting on the chatbox. As we wont have run out of things to say. There are moer... I think...

Im gonna support the staff in this discussion, at the end of they day they are the staff, they created the forum, we joined the forum due to there decision for the forum. And they have our and the forums intrest at heart... i mean why would they create a forum just to kill it?

Thank you for being understanding about this. You've clearly put a lot of thought on our decision, which is better than taking the easy way out and making a post with no real points as to why you think it's bad for the site. As you said, we are doing this in the interest of this site, not to be mean or hateful or unfair or anything like that. I also agree that we should also give this at least a chance. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, and I'll take responsibility if it ends badly for the site.

And yeah, to be honest many people just take the chat for granted. I think it will really make people appreciate it more, and maybe hold better conversations there, which is good for activity, and funner for all.

Four days off, three days on. It isn't that bad. And as you mentioned, worthwhile discussion doesn't take place in the chat on week days anyway.

Reshiram wrote:seems like most admins and a few members are for this. and some are against it. how about we have a poll? not to say if we do this rule or not but to simply see how many members you might end up losing. what do you say, administrators?

Am I really going to have to repeat myself again here?

We knew this wouldn't fly with some members. Some have tight schedules, and others just don't care. As much as we love you guys, if you feel that you need to leave because of this, we can't stop you. We don't want to see you leave, but at the end of the day, it's your decision.

However, consider the following:

Have you ever thought of at least giving this a chance? Seriously. Go in with a positive attitude, and try it. If you don't like it, then fine. I'd much rather listen to the complaining of a member that at least gave this an honest chance than one who just deemed it a terrible idea without even giving it some thought. Given, there are things that you don't have to try to know that you won't like them, but I don't think this is one of them. Plus, after trying it and disliking it, you can at least give us a more accurate idea of what to change without completely getting rid of the rule. Y'know, constructive criticism.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next