Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Nightmare Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Sb10 Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II 21o6g49

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II

2 posters

Go down

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Empty Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II

Post by Lynjabear Fri May 13, 2011 3:51 pm

This is just a little thing on how to sprites as a companion thread to my fusion one. The two sprites I am using are Charizard being recolored as Suicune. You can order these and my fusions at my sprite shop Very Happy under member announcements http://nightmare.forumotions.net/t409-custom-pokemon-sprites. I also tried to put in more pictures per step and make this more comprehensible than my first guide.

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Charic11
In order for the picture to not have a black background when you copy-paste it onto paint, you should first paste it onto MS word. It doesn’t matter what version MS is, this is 2010.

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Charic12
From there, you can copy-paste it onto paint with no problem.

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Charic13
In order to make the following steps easier, you can zoom in which makes it easier to see individual pixels. I usually like to use 400, but if you don’t have a steady hand or accurate mouse, you may want to go up to 800 in later steps, depending on the size of your monitor.

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Charic14
Next, what you do is take the small eyedropper tool and select the two lightest shades of the sprite that is being recolored and the sprite that is having its colors borrowed. Left click the color you are re-coloring and right click the original color. This way, when you are unsure if the original color that is being painted over is correct, you can right click and compare the shades, and then left click to set it to the new color. I like using the paint bucket, as I like the little tip that it has, but you can use whatever is fastest to use for you. The tool circled in red shows which color is set on which click.

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Charic15
This is Charizard with the very lightest of its shades (the light orange one) changed to suicune’s lightest. I like to go from light to dark, but you can go dark to light if it is easier, but never start with the middle colors. Pokémon sprites usually have five main colors for their primary color. A very light tinge, a light one, a medium-dark, a dark that is semi-used as the outline, and black or close to black.

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Charic16
Charizard with the next, light shade colored in. This shade and the next usually are the two most prominent colors in a sprite.

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Charic17
The final stage you have to shade in.

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Charic18
The next, third shade colored in. It looks mostly done at this point.

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Charic19
Next are the secondary colors. Here, I am taking the color from suicune’s tendril and charizard’s belly. You do not have to recolor the black outline, as that would just be silly. Note – the weird-looking box does not really have anything to do with paint. I am using a touchscreen computer and is just a random floating thing. Please ignore it.

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Charic20
The darker shade of the secondary colors done.

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Charic21
Here, I have recolored the fire and shifted it into a 100 percent view. When doing fires, always use the darkest shade of pigment, and the lightest, with one intermediate color. It makes the fire look more dramatic and more realistic, even if fires can’t possibly be purple (unless you have potassium on hand.)

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Charic22
This is just a view of the finished sprite, with final touches and a changed eye color (to dark green, because I thought the natural blue blended in too much with the sprite’s new colors). I dyed the background black, because I knew this was to be posted on nightmare, but don’t if the site you are posting it on is white or green.

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Charic10

The finished result.

A free tutorial for sprites! (ahem rep, wink wink, nudge nudge )

Happy Spriting!
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II Empty Re: Behind the Scenes - (recoloring) How I make Sprites II

Post by Frashu Thu May 26, 2011 12:00 am

Nice epic I should create a Banette sprite like this =3
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down