Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
    Who is online?
    In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
    Latest topics
    » The Missing Constellation
    because im bored... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
    because im bored... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
    because im bored... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
    because im bored... EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
    because im bored... EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
    because im bored... EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
    because im bored... EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
    because im bored... EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
    because im bored... EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
    We have 490 registered users
    The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
    Our awesome Affiliates!
    because im bored... 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o because im bored... Nightmare because im bored... Sb10 because im bored... 21o6g49

because im bored...

+3
    samurott
    buckthefuffalo
    thetimmon
    7 posters

Go down

because im bored... Empty because im bored...

Post by thetimmon Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:36 am

well, i feel like starting a conversation about something, equality and being "an individual" in my personal opinion, to be equal is to be the same as everyone else, so we can't have equality in this society as it stands, then people also want to be individualized and made separate from one another, yet these two things can't happen together, if you want to be an individual, you can't support equality in any way shape or form. and for people who want equality, you can't want to be an individual, because being "equal" means no way to discriminate against anything, so you'd have to give everyone the EXACT same crap, give them the exact same house, give them the exact same fucking meals everyday. if you say people can be equal and individual i may just call bullshit i can smell it a few miles away, and it usually smells like desu.
    thetimmon
    thetimmon
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

because im bored... Empty Re: because im bored...

Post by buckthefuffalo Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:28 pm

This is especially prominent in extreme feminism, where they confuse "equal rights" with literally "being equal".

Also, I think people CAN be individual but be equal in the sense that they have equal worth.
    buckthefuffalo
    buckthefuffalo
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by samurott Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:09 pm

oh god...i philosophical debate! on the internet no less!
    samurott
    samurott
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:11 pm

No one cares for your communist views. Perhaps read up on what Equalists really want.

at the end of the day equalists are after fair rights and equal treatment for everyone basing in Sex, Age, Race, Orientation and Background. 

Even today, the job market still holds discrimination to those who aren't white. As it stands statistically a White middle to upper class Hetrosexual Male between the ages of 22-30 is more likely to be hired than any other category, purely based on those reasons. Is that fair or equal to Carlos who is a well educated Mexican aged 40 going for the same job and has a better education, more experience and is on paper better suited for the job? 

Equal rights don't give a fuark about what your house looks like or what clothes you have or what meals you should eat. Maybe think a little and use some common sense before spewing out 12 year old rants as its about that you can be individual and be who you are without feeling like you are better or worse than anyone else. And that people who are better suited for a position should be given the opportunity to have the position rather than Chad our all american prom king who doesn't know desu about economics and will i am the lolicon your bank account right up the piper.

There are universal laws that are kept because we are human. Like just because something thinks its really cool to murder 9 year olds doesn't qualify for equal rights. That is just messed up.
    ChronoDuck
    ChronoDuck
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:09 pm

penis
    Luck
    Luck
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:18 am

ChronoDuck wrote:No one cares for your communist views. Perhaps read up on what Equalists really want.

at the end of the day equalists are after fair rights and equal treatment for everyone basing in Sex, Age, Race, Orientation and Background. 

Even today, the job market still holds discrimination to those who aren't white. As it stands statistically a White middle to upper class Hetrosexual Male between the ages of 22-30 is more likely to be hired than any other category, purely based on those reasons. Is that fair or equal to Carlos who is a well educated Mexican aged 40 going for the same job and has a better education, more experience and is on paper better suited for the job? 

Equal rights don't give a fuark about what your house looks like or what clothes you have or what meals you should eat. Maybe think a little and use some common sense before spewing out 12 year old rants as its about that you can be individual and be who you are without feeling like you are better or worse than anyone else. And that people who are better suited for a position should be given the opportunity to have the position rather than Chad our all american prom king who doesn't know desu about economics and will i am the lolicon your bank account right up the piper.

There are universal laws that are kept because we are human. Like just because something thinks its really cool to murder 9 year olds doesn't qualify for equal rights. That is just messed up.

The hate is real. No idea what the i am the lolicon you're referring to with that last bit, but regardless.

White middle to upper class Heterosexual (*) Male. If you can tell someones sexual orientation sheerly by looking at them, you have the most intense hypothetical gaydar I've ever seen. And there are laws made specifically to prevent this, which admittedly are hard to prove. However, that statistic seems somewhat interesting to me. For instance, does it factor in how many applicants there were for the job in question? How about how many applicants statewide? Is this a national statistic? General statistic? Something you pulled out of your ass? How the desu am I supposed to know, you just laid it on there like it was mayonnaise and slapped the other bun on the proverbial 'muh persecution' sandwich.

As for equal rights, I'm all for them. Women, latinos, blacks, asians, whatever the hell you call yourself, you should have the exact same rights as me. This being said, I want the same rights as you. I don't get potential college scholarships for being white, but black people and mexican people do. If I have a kid with the woman I am married to and have a divorce, I am over 80% less likely to receive the child than her. Or we can talk about how feminism is now trying to say that the 'patriarchy' that exists in society somehow damages males as well as females, which would, in fact, defeat the purpose of the apparent patriarchy. Why the ever living desu would a society 'dominated by men' value the destruction of the next generation of hypothetical leaders? Or we could talk about how the primary method of feminism, in it's current state (meaning the one dominated by extremists), is known for degrading men and then pinning the blame on the very men they're degrading. Men created the society, therefore it is man's fault that the society is fucked up, despite the fact that men had to create the society for you to even create this movement, according to the same logic. But certainly, this is the worst possible oppression of women's rights, the Middle East with a massive history of killing women for having sex before marriage, for refusing to an arranged marriage, or even shooting a little girl in the face for attempting to get an education, is nothing in comparison to the plight of the western women.

The entire feminist movement, while started to give women equality, is now regarded as a joke by a majority of the male population, for the sheer reason that so many people act as if they are by far the most relevant and most persecuted, and has become as large as it is entirely because of extremists screaming logical fallacies at the top of their lungs. Others were quick to agree, did not analyze what exactly many of the extremists were saying, and now tote the fact that they are a feminist as some sort of weapon against [men who are all clearly are potential threats (INTENSE FUCKING SARCASM)].

As for non-White people getting hired, I can't really say. I know I see a ton of non-Whites where I've worked (construction, restaurants, movie-theaters, etc.), but there can certainly be discrimination and I'm not going to act like that isn't happening. But it's not your right to get hired. If someone has a discrimination towards that certain ethnicity, then perhaps that should be hiring people in the first place, and that could be brought to attention.

for a tl;dr
    equal rights are good
    and i mean equal
    if it's hard for me, it should be hard for you as well
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:20 am

Being equal in rights is different than being socially diverse/individualised. I am equal to every one of you (except for Evan because he's a Even and what are you even talking about are not equal [obvsly]), yet at the same time I am an individual and I express it with the way I speak, the things I do, and the things I like. Equal opportunity and opportunity that is taken is a complete other debate.
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Evan wrote:
    ChronoDuck wrote:No one cares for your communist views. Perhaps read up on what Equalists really want.

The hate is real. No idea what the i am the lolicon you're referring to with that last bit, but regardless.

White middle to upper class Heterosexual (*) Male. If you can tell someones sexual orientation sheerly by looking at them, you have the most intense hypothetical gaydar I've ever seen. And there are laws made specifically to prevent this, which admittedly are hard to prove. However, that statistic seems somewhat interesting to me. For instance, does it factor in how many applicants there were for the job in question? How about how many applicants statewide? Is this a national statistic? General statistic? Something you pulled out of your ass? How the desu am I supposed to know, you just laid it on there like it was mayonnaise and slapped the other bun on the proverbial 'muh persecution' sandwich.

I thiink were pretty much on the same page when it comes to equality. Well as you say there are still de jure legislation that does prevent discrimination but de facto it still happens. Only till recently in 2003 in the uk did they remove where you had to disclose your sexual orientation on job applications. I am not sure and I need to check this but I heard that some countries and states still require you to tick which box you apply. I believe the statistic comes from the "white privilege" experiment. Where it was noted that Whites specifically males were given more privileges. Granted this happened around 1995 and law and public opinion has moved on. However, gays still get taunted and beaten on the streets, ethnic groups are still pulled out for routine. Anecdote, 6 boys going on holiday, 5 are English and 1 in English Indian. Only our Indian friend was pulled to the back for a "random"inspection.

Discrimination and racism still happens. I work with a Israeli girl in a coffee shop, this old women comes up and gives her the order and orders something not on the menu. The girl declines the order apologising saying its not on the menu. The woman begins a rant saying it is foreigners like her ruining the country. After speaking to our manager who is from Argentina  
    lets just say she got worse.
    ChronoDuck
    ChronoDuck
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by thetimmon Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:13 pm

hey, just what i wanted to happen Very Happy i planned to try and get more posts on the forum by posting loads of bullshit which, worked surprisingly well. but, let's move on to discussing laws! i think we should start by legalizing everything except killing, stealing, and sexual offenses/just general things that i am the lolicon with others and these things should be condemned with death of course, i dont really believe this, but our justice system in 'murica is pretty bullshit as it stands i remember seeing something about a kid getting sent to jail for 8 years or the possibility to for a harmless school prank, manslaughter is 5 years....
    thetimmon
    thetimmon
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:56 pm

When all else fails, start a shitstorm. As far as legalisation of the things you mentioned, you have to keep in mind that the presence of psychoactive drugs has the potential to affect other people as well. The three categories you mentioned are a large, if not majority portion of crimes that occur. Let's talk about how in America, the largest percentage of reported sex crimes and sexual harassment, as well as domestic violence incidences, are committed against men. That's right ladies and gentlemen. Also the target of the most racial violence and hate crimes, as of 2013, is the white male.
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:34 pm

ChronoDuck wrote:
    Evan wrote:

I thiink were pretty much on the same page when it comes to equality. Well as you say there are still de jure legislation that does prevent discrimination but de facto it still happens. Only till recently in 2003 in the uk did they remove where you had to disclose your sexual orientation on job applications. I am not sure and I need to check this but I heard that some countries and states still require you to tick which box you apply. I believe the statistic comes from the "white privilege" experiment. Where it was noted that Whites specifically males were given more privileges. Granted this happened around 1995 and law and public opinion has moved on. However, gays still get taunted and beaten on the streets, ethnic groups are still pulled out for routine. Anecdote, 6 boys going on holiday, 5 are English and 1 in English Indian. Only our Indian friend was pulled to the back for a "random"inspection.

Discrimination and racism still happens. I work with a Israeli girl in a coffee shop, this old women comes up and gives her the order and orders something not on the menu. The girl declines the order apologising saying its not on the menu. The woman begins a rant saying it is foreigners like her ruining the country. After speaking to our manager who is from Argentina  
    lets just say she got worse.

1995 =/= 2014, which you conceded.

Racism is sure alive a well, and so is discrimination. But I think it goes on both sides right now, particularly in that if you have something negative to say about a black person, you are immediately deemed as racist, at least in my personal experience. I've never had to check my sexuality in a box on an application, but I live in a very liberal state. This being said, I am all for equality for gays, but some of this is getting kinda ridiculous. Adjusting peoples language because of trans people, while making them feel more comfortable, is absolutely ridiculous, in that pronouns were based off of sex. Males are he, females are she. If I can't tell what you are, I ain't gonna call you xe or whatever the i am the lolicon, I'm going to look at your appears, take a guess, and be genuinely sorry if I i am the lolicon it up. But I swear to God if I have some trans person tell me I'm using the incorrect pronouns in reference to them because they want to feel like a special little snowflake, they can i am the lolicon right off (after being told for a straight week that I need to use 'xe', I'm pretty fucking done tbh. The other thing that bothers me about the gay movement is the fact that they expect people to stop using the words fag and gay negatively immediately, when entire generations, myself included, have grown up saying them as insults. Do I hate gay people? Not at all. If my friends being retarded am I going to call him a dumb faggot? Probably. You're a faggot because you're a faggot, not because you're gay. Even then, the gay movement has really gained traction since what, last year? You genuinely expect people to conform their language in a year, when black persecution in the U.S. was prominent less than 60 and people still use the word Even? It's unrealistic and fucking annoying to even try to assume that people are trying to take your movement seriously when you're ostracizing anyone who calls another person a fag, regardless of context.
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:47 pm

>be 18
    >be dating an activist sophomore
    >visit her at old school
    >future trans-boy (girl into boy) walks up and talks to us
    >used to know her when I went there
    >she leaves, I call her a "she" in a statement about her clothing (Hot Topic)
    >girl I'm dating gets pissed about "Preferred pronouns"
    >"If he wants to be a he, then that's his choice"
    >bitch, if it has a fucking vagina, it is not a boy until it has some sort of penis
    >everyone bitches at me
    >fucking liberals
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down