Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) Nightmare FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) Sb10 FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) 21o6g49

FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) Empty FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype)

Post by samurott Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Whimsicott @ Ring Target
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Poison Powder
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Switcheroo
go in, swap ring target onto something annoying, and poison everything else.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 44 Atk / 252 HP / 172 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Amnesia
- Play Rough
- Body Slam
its a amnesia tank! probably not original!

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heat Wave
one word. FLIIIIIIINNCH...and coverage

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hyper Beam
Hyper beam? yes. this is actually a thing.

Florges (F) @ Kebia Berry
Ability: Flower Veil
Modest Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
its a calm mind boost set. easy to tell.

Sylveon @ Big Root
Ability: Pixilate
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hyper Voice
coverage, and big root boosts draining kiss.
samurott
samurott
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) Empty Re: FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype)

Post by Aaron Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:49 am

Wall of text warning!:

Okay. So if I tell you that this team does nothing, please don't take offence to it. But by any means, this team does nothing. First of all, Sylveon with a Modest nature is going to get the desu kicked out of it because one of its most redeeming qualities is its ability to tank everything with a WishPass set. That is usually Calm, 252 HP 252 SpA or 252 SpD, and Wish Protect Baton Pass Moonblast.

Next thing.

Your Gardevoir is going to get desu rubbed all over its chest. Hyper Beam is really not a thing, whoever told you that needs to have their frontal lobotomy reversed. Not only does it have shitty coverage, it also has shitty offensive potential. Consider this: You use your 225 Base Power Hyper Beam (granted Pixilate). You have a one turn recharge, and use it again the following turn for a total of 450 Base Power over a period of four turns (counting the second recharge turn). Now let's compare that to Moonblast and Psychic, the two main STAB moves that Mega Gardevoir historically runs. 135 Base Power on Psychic and 142 on Moonblast. If you multiply each by four turns, you get 540 total Base Power and 568 total Base Power respectively. Notice the staggering difference? Now take note that Hyper Beam has a maximum of eight PP, while the other moves have 16 and 24 as their maximums. Each of the two mentioned moves is better than Hyper Beam in every way.

Moving on.

I have no idea why you're running "Amnesia Tank" Azumarill? What happens when they pull out an offensive sweeper that carries a neutral move? Are you going to use your meager Attack investment and your Attack positive Nature to slap it around with some neutral Play Roughs and neutral Aqua Jets? Azumarill has better outplay potential with a Choice Band or the flavour of the month Belly Drum set. CB is Adamant with Ice Punch/Superpower Play Rough Aqua Jet and Aqua Tail, while Belly Drum is Adamant with Leftovers and Play Rough Aqua Jet Belly Drum and Superpower.

Moving on.

Togekiss is pretty alright with your spread, except its inherent bulk is wasted with the investment in Special Attack and the Modest Nature (?). Togekiss' purpose, as you said, is to Flinch things a lot and be as ANNOYING as possible whenever possible. That being said, you want it to stick around. Without defensive investment, if the Flinch doesn't go through, it will likely die. Now, there's nothing WRONG with the set you've got, except I've tested the offensive variant and seen that any forme of defensive set is superior in every way except for hitting power. That being said, I recommend a set with Thunder Wave so that you have more setup potential with something like Florges or Azumarill should you choose to use the Belly Drum set. Additionally, it allows you to ParaFlinch them out, lets you force switches, and provides a beautiful opportunity for Sylveon to come in and WishPass your team back to full Health. Your end set should be something like 252 HP 252 SpD OR give a Speed investment of 52 so that you can outspeed standard 44 Spe investment Togekiss and those hipster 48 investment people hoping that you're standard as well, but you're one step ahead of those bitches. So in that case, 248 HP 208 Def/SpD and 52 Spe, along with Air Slash Roost Thunder Wave and Dazzling Gleam/Aura Sphere.

Moving on to the last one.

Whimsicott has the weirdest set possibly ever. Please get rid of PoisonPowder, that move is the opposite of productive. So is the strange Ring Target and Switcheroo set. That's a bit too gimmicky to do really anything at all. If you really want to be a dick, which it appears that you do given Whimsicott + Togekiss, give it the fabled SubSeed set, or make it learn Taunt and Baton Pass + Stun Spore and Substitute in addition to leftovers so that you can safely give subs to your setup sweepers.

Let me know how these changes work out, I'll give Pokémon change suggestions if these ideas don't work out.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype) Empty Re: FARIES! BECAUSE PINK! (fairy monotype)

Post by Safiliwen Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:27 pm

While I'm not going to pick apart your entire reply I will add that Offensive Sylveon is indeed a thing and can work wonders. Whether it's "better" than the Wish pass set is irrelevant it's still a thing. Also in the standard 6v6 Hyper Beam is indeed not a thing. However if you take them to random battles so you're in the 3v3 setting it can work as a good finisher if you need immediate power.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:32 pm

That's true. The reason I was mentioning WishPass is that offensive Sylveon is something that a team needs to set up around for it to work. It's like sending in Specs Keldeo and expecting it to 1v6 their team. WishPass is very strong utility-wise, and it gives the team an awesome option for recovery. Another potential set is Heal Bell with Wish for that super annoying Cleric set. Or you could run four attacks + Big Root and see what it does for you.

"I'm not going to pick apart your entire reply"

This thread isn't about my team. :^)
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by samurott Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:50 pm

going to be honest. made this at twelve. which is around the same time any logical process in my head shuts off.....ill swap things around (and saying desu in every sentence, is. not. cool......please stop, before you kill it worse than Obama killed the U.S. economy.)

on a side note, nothing wrong with florges? and should i go psyshock, or psychic? same base power, but psyshock breaks special walls, which would be an issue for a highly special team. and what moveset and ev's for gard, sylv, and whim?

Last edited by samurott on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:07 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : and s)
samurott
samurott
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:51 pm

First of all, you obviously don't realise that there are word filters that censor "shi*t" and "f*uck" to "desu" andI "i am the lolicon" respectively. Now you know. Stop mentioning it.

Second of all, even though I've not identified with a political party in a long time, if you think that Obama started this downward economic spiral, you should probably go ahead and not register to vote, because I'm severely afraid for you. He hasn't helped, that's for sure, but it's literally nonsensical to omit Bush's part in it. Let's avert this conversation line to PMs if you want to continue this before it turns into a shitstorm that includes people who don't know what they're talking about.

Back to the team. Psyshock became popular when popping Blissey (who is no longer popular in OU or really at all in Monotype) or other Special tanks. I personally suggest Psychic for hitting power if that's how you want to play it.  Florges also has a really great SpD stat, so I really like the Calm Mind set. I would suggest going for Focus Blast or a strong Fighting move over HP Ground, as HPs are really situational and you're probably not going to get too many 4xchores effective picks.

Last edited by Korasi on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by samurott Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:17 pm

#1: oohhh

#2: how come only i get lashed when i use a joke about the economy?

#3(the important one): noted, noted, and ill try the two of them. i went for hp ground to hit poison and steel types.
samurott
samurott
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:31 pm

Whimsicott would rather have Taunt+Sub+Seed with Leftovers. Do the HP calcs so you can have as many subs as possible. You want to be able to be able to sub at least 4 times.

Amnesia, while guarding against Azu's common weaknesses, isn't really worth it at all since it's meant to be offensive. You can consider AV Azu if you really want to take special attacks, but it's not worth it in my opinion. Korasi said you can use leftovers on the BD set, but since Azu isn't that tanky at 50% for the leftovers to matter anyway, Sitrus Berry is the superior option in my opinion. You're more likely to live on the setup turn, and then you can just Aqua Jet anything faster than you for massive damage.

Togekiss needs either a defensive spread with Twave (which won't usually net you more than 1 KO unless you pack Roost), or a sweeping set with Nasty Plot. Togekiss at +2 is a force, and if you want even more power, Life Orb is an option. NP-Air Slash-Dazzling Gleam-Aura Sphere/Roost is a good set. Aura Sphere helps kill steel types, most notably Heatran who will wall you otherwise. Roost increases longevity. Oh, and Togekiss really needs Timid either way to max out your opportunities for flinching.

ONLY consider Hyper Beam on Mega Gardevoir if you're playing Battle Spot. Outside of that, Moonblast will be the better attack most of the time. You don't have to change Psyshock to Psychic, but consider what threats are more important to your team and adjust accordingly. AV Conkeldurr is a thing, but I don't see it really staying on M-Gardevoir anyway. However, your team is mostly special attackers, so tech'ing Psyshock isn't a bad choice in case you run into a special wall. Speaking of special walling, try out Calm Mind over Hyper Beam on M-Gardevoir. Its base Special stats are huge.

I haven't seen Florges enough to know much about it, but I do know that it walls special attacks very well. Consider looking at your other options.

Wish Sylveon with Leftovers would be more helpful to your team, I think. The only alternative is CM but I think you've got enough setup Pokemon.

Have you considered trying Clefable? It's arguably one of the best fairies up there with Togekiss, and has great versatility to boot.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:55 pm

samurott wrote:#1: oohhh

#2: how come only i get lashed when i use a joke about the economy?

#3(the important one): noted, noted, and ill try the two of them. i went for hp ground to hit poison and steel types.
Only reason is because it was in association with a comment that was perceived as equally as dumb, and so I felt like mentioning it is all. Razz
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by samurott Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:57 pm

its fine, and i am looking into the other fairies....whats so bad about granbull?
samurott
samurott
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:50 am

samurott wrote:its fine, and i am looking into the other fairies....whats so bad about granbull?
Its stats are overall very lackluster, with attack being its only good one. On top of that, it doesn't haven't any priority to remedy its low speed. Pure Fairy type isn't great. Azumarill does the physical fairy job much, much better.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:17 am

It's not really so much "bad", but rather just kinda outclassed. Like Swellow and Ursaring aren't "bad", they're just outclassed in the realm of hitters. Azumarill does pretty much everything that Granbull does (except better) if you really think about it. Azumarill's got priority and coverage, while not being weak to any form of priority (correct me if I'm wrong), and Granbull is weak to Steel priority and has none of his own.

I've actually been conceptualising your team with a Mega Mawile instead of Mega Gardevoir. At any glance, the team's got a serious lack in immediate hitting power. Azumarill hits things hard, but it's deathly slow and can do nothing against walls really unless it's got a Choice Band or a form of boost under its belt. Florges needs a boost or two to get started, Sylveon does better as a Wish Passer, Togekiss is supposed to hit hard enough to be annoying, but falls terribly short of powerful (sans super effective hits that is). And Whimsicott is Prankster spam + No attacks. Really, the only immediate power is Gardevoir, who gets smacked hard after the first attack and doesn't offer your much-needed physical power. I feel that Mega Mawile fills this niche because A.) It's the only other Fairy Mega B.) It's a physical Pokémon C.) It's got decent defenses (and dismal HP) and D.) It's got strong priority and forces switches like a right fucker.

The set I use is Adamant (you don't need Speed) with 252 HP and 252 Attack, with Play Rough Sucker Punch Substitute and Swords Dance. Play Rough is for your sexy STAB, Substitute is for predicting switches and setting up safely/fucking people from behind your one turn of safety, Swords Dance is for steamrolling them down once you've gotten ahead, and Sucker Punch is for revenge kills and countering Pokémon that try to switch in and outspeed you (HP Fire Latios, weakened HP Fire Greninja, etc.). Evan prefers to not use Substitute and instead uses Iron Head (or some $hit), but I find that Sub is more effective in the long run.

This set synergises very well with:
Togekiss - Thunder Wave is the crux, Mawile outspeeds and takes a rough dump on their unresisted chests with Play Rough (or if you've got hairy peaches you can set up and hope for a hax) after paralysis//

Sylveon - Substituting is hard work, why not lay some of the burden on your bulky Wish Passer? Just lay down a pretty little Wish for your Mawile (or you can get rid of Protect or Moonblast for a Substitute and pass one of those to Mawile as well if you've got the time) and you've got your health back, leaving you ready to manhandle some serious bitches//

Azumarill - When one of these offensive powerhouses has finished dropping a deuce on any particular Pokémon (for the sake of Mawile and the integrity of the setup, I'd run CB Azumarill on this one) the other one can clean up. You'll want to run Waterfall, which will usually chunk anything that gets hit with it (the optimal situation here is to Waterfall on the switch you've forced). Then, simply switch to one of your tankier Pokémon to sponge the hit that comes in and switch to the appropriate offensive counter. In the case that you've got the opportunity to use Mawile, just come in and Mega up and Play Rough the target if it's still in (that is, if you know it can't one shot you). Chances are that between Mega Mawile and Azumarill tearing through the switches that come in, there won't be much setting up for the opponent to do. Your goal is to keep them taking hits without losing any of your offensive momentum. Only use priority to finish off the target OR as a last-ditch effort (if you know that you're going to die from Stealth Rock if you switch back in or something). Using it as a source of damage lets them switch in on the weaker hits and makes YOU switch out, which is what you want to avoid.

Let me know how this worked!
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:19 am

I actually use the Para-Mawile strategy on my main team on PO, and it got me to number one on the ladder for a bit. It makes you a huge cunt to deal with if they haven't got status clear on their team.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:45 am

why the i am the lolicon run baton pass on sylveon anything that switches into it kills it or 2HKOs it, meaning no prior damage is allowed if you're running baton pass. just run heal bell for better cleric abilities and hard switch into an appropriate counter. also, cute charm is a desu ability, run pixilate/hyper voice, you ignore subs and get a free life orb boost on a STAB
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:23 pm

I figured that Baton Pass can be used for passing Substitutes. I personally like the Heal Bell set better as well, but hey, you never know.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by samurott Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:15 pm

ill throw things around and see what works....so whats azu's set going to be? also, whimsicott can't learn twave, so i went with giga drain, works pretty well...ill give mega maw a try

on a side note, Florges cannot learn focus blast, and this is my new azu set....its not that different except some swapped moves and stats

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 188 Atk / 68 HP / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Brick Break
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
samurott
samurott
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:19 pm

I might have forgotten to mention this, but even with BD, Azumarill still needs Huge Power. As for the EV's, I would recommend maxing your attack and putting the rest in HP. You can, however, put EVs into speed to outpriority Scizor if you want. Brick Break isn't a bad coverage move, but Superpower is better for the raw power. In my opinion though, Return is the best 3rd attacking coverage move. It covers 2 of the 3 Pokemon in OU that resist Water/Fairy (Tentacruel, Ferrothorn, and MVenusaur). Just don't leave it out on MVenusaur unless you're already at +6, preferably knowing that it doesn't have Sleep Powder. Of course, if you invest 252 EVs in speed with a neutral nature, you will just barely outspeed the three most common MVenusaur sets.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Klefki is an option for Prankster T-Wave, with better typing than Whimsicott as well.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:34 pm

Evan wrote:Klefki is an option for Prankster T-Wave, with better typing than Whimsicott as well.
This, the thing is pretty much the most rage-inducing 'mon to come out of gen VI
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:10 am

buckthefuffalo wrote:
Evan wrote:Klefki is an option for Prankster T-Wave, with better typing than Whimsicott as well.
This, the thing is pretty much the most rage-inducing 'mon to come out of gen VI
you can run sub/swagger too for oodles of douche
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by samurott Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:41 pm

maximum scumbag from the spawn of the kingdom key?.....i'm interested. ev spread?
samurott
samurott
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:48 pm

samurott wrote:maximum scumbag from the spawn of the kingdom key?.....i'm interested. ev spread?
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:32 am

How has the testing progressed thus far with your team?
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by samurott Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:36 pm

pretty well....had testing up my everything
samurott
samurott
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:25 pm

What were the results, if you don't mind me asking?
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next