Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
How To Recruit New Members! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
How To Recruit New Members! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
How To Recruit New Members! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
How To Recruit New Members! EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
How To Recruit New Members! EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
How To Recruit New Members! EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
How To Recruit New Members! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
How To Recruit New Members! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
How To Recruit New Members! EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
How To Recruit New Members! 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o How To Recruit New Members! Nightmare How To Recruit New Members! Sb10 How To Recruit New Members! 21o6g49

How To Recruit New Members!

2 posters

Go down

How To Recruit New Members! Empty How To Recruit New Members!

Post by Aaron Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Over the years, Nightmare Forums has seen what is a number approaching five hundred members. For a small community focused on Pokémon battling, that number is absolutely astounding. Many of you have come from Serebii, and many from Smogon I imagine. Now, it is time to gather more people just like us and bring them here to contribute their talents to our site.

There are no requirements to advertise. You don't have to be a long-time member. You can just have joined and still contribute! As long as we have members rolling in, the party will just grow and grow. Here are some tips to advertise successfully!:

1.) Do not spell incorrectly and use difficult-to-understand wording. The last thing we want is a potential member that is confused and has no idea what you're trying to get across to him/her.

2.) Make him/her feel special, because he/she is. Accentuate that their talents will be used and may be highly coveted. If a person feels useful, they're more likely to accept what you're saying.

3.) In your opening line, be sure to clarify what we are and what we have to offer. Tell them the truth, not what you want them to hear.

4.) Only advertise primarily to SPPGuests and WiFiGuests on Serebii. Other members are likely affiliated with Serebii and you will probably get your ass reported and your IP address banned like I did.

5.) Be sure to respond with a "Thank you for your time!" or something along those lines to someone who is not open to your advertisement. I've had many cases where a doubting recruit has actually changed their mind because of my kind treatment of them.

6.) Do not bribe incoming members. If someone is looking for something in particular, feel free to offer it if you (or someone on the site) is willing to legitimately trade for it. However, don't let that be the reason that they join the site.

7.) Do not respond to trolls. If someone asks you "Are you scamming", simply reply with "No, I am a representative of an amazing Pokémon forum that I feel like sharing with people" and do not respond unless otherwise addressed.

8.) Be sure to advertise to multiple people at once to increase efficiency. I recommend about ten tabs open at one time in order to both maintain the intimate recruiter-recruitee conversation, meanwhile having many people at one time allows for switching between conversations while waiting for responses.

Here is an example of a sales pitch that I laid out last night when I was advertising on Serebii. Notice that it covers the salient aspects of our site, while retaining a lively and honest "you-will-have-fun" tone:
"Hello! Would you be interested in joining a Pokemon-based Forum that is looking for new members and seeking to stimulate activity? We include, but are not limited to: A humorous, inviting community, a functional and recently revamped Pokemon League, an educational environment, breeding opportunities, movie nights, and a collective expertise with branches into every department of gaming you can think of. Need I say more?"

Feeling lazy? Why not copy-paste that line and eliminate the quotations. If you feel like making your own pitch, take your time! There's no hurry. Advertising is always encouraged and is very necessary. Who knows, your efforts may even be rewarded.

~Korasi, Advertising Department Chair and Official League Tester
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

How To Recruit New Members! Empty Re: How To Recruit New Members!

Post by Awakening Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:14 am

Well isn't this a particularly colorful post! This should really make it easier for us to get new member for sure! I'll use it when I'm out recruiting if my natural ~chilean charm~ isn't enough.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:16 am

You should offer to give them a good blow.

That is, if they have snow in their area.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:20 am

And offer them hot cocoa too. Wonderful idea.

That is really the key how to make new members feel when they come here, anyway.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:22 am

For sure. I love it when the new guys request a blow. It really makes them one of us. I can't blow all of them at the same time though, I'm not that good.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down