Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Chat Revival - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Chat Revival - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Chat Revival - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Chat Revival - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Chat Revival - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Chat Revival - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Chat Revival - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Chat Revival - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Chat Revival - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Chat Revival - Page 2 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Chat Revival - Page 2 Nightmare Chat Revival - Page 2 Sb10 Chat Revival - Page 2 21o6g49

Chat Revival

+8
buckthefuffalo
Danye West
Safiliwen
Awakening
Aaron
Evan
Qualna
L
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should the chat stay gone or come back?

Chat Revival - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%Chat Revival - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
Chat Revival - Page 2 I_vote_lcap47%Chat Revival - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
Chat Revival - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Chat Revival - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Chat Revival - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Chat Revival - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
Chat Revival - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Chat Revival - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Chat Revival - Page 2 Empty Re: Chat Revival

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:21 am

In the past, I've suggested having a "Post X times to unlock chat privileges" system. With a base post count of about ten. However, it didn't take off as apparently that's too much for members who don't have time. Ten posts a week. Yeah, you read that right.

I like this idea, Awake. I feel that it's a fair compromise, seeing as the people who used the chat were mainly on around weekends anyway. If we can get a few more members rolling in, I'd love to see this idea implemented and utilized.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:42 am

It was my last add-on to my argument to bring back the chat, Evan.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by L Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:44 am

Saf, that's probably because since the chat was removed this thread has started and given some posts, and Korasi brought in four new members(and I do not think his decision to do so was influenced by the chat's removal), so yes, there are some more posts than normal, but not because of the chat's removal.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:48 am

It has nothing to do with this thread at all. I'm even discounting this thread AND the new members and it's still an increase in posts. Admin panel doesn't lie now learn to deal with it or keep trying your shitty argument it's fine by me.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:46 pm

so about that chat on weekends pitch
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Awake I think you have some desu on your cheek. Bring the umbrella next time.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Iirc we had that idea pitched the last time we took down chat and I personally don't really see all that much point in it just at this moment. It kinda goes against the whole point of us taking it away to begin with.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:17 pm

I just think it's worth the compromise and being more flexible, seeing that there is still a demand for the chat based on the poll. I already put down points how the weekend chat can be successfully used right.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Well it being successfully used or not isn't the issue really it's more the principle and why we took it down in the first place. We're still not at the point we're big enough/stable enough to call the job done yet so I still feel even bringing it up on weekends is going too far back on our original idea to begin with.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:57 pm

So basically you now won't bring the chat back until you accomplish your original goals, even though it's been shown that taking the chat away may not even be helping?  That is a horrible reason.

Also, to the constant comment I've gotten a lot about bringing people from a chat they're familiar with to a chat they're unfamiliar with, it's much worse to bring them out of their comfort zone(a site with a chat) to a kind of site they are not used to.  They are more likely to stay at a site more similar to the site they like going to.  In personal experience, I never stay at a site with no chat, especially a big one.  I find the lack of actual interaction to be frustrating.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:35 pm

If anything, taking away the chat has made me realize how many things could be done on chat, but can't anymore, and how the chat shouldn't have been left empty all that time through. So I don't think that taking away the chat is currently a bad thing, since it showed that people have taken it for granted. But I still don't really know the downsides of the chat going back on weekends, or any other kind of compromise.

Going too far back to the original idea sounds like compromise isn't possible, so I'd like to know if that's the case. Either that, or setting a number of new topics, posts, and member quota (in this thread or somewhere else) to get the chat back would be nice to hear so we have some more measurable objectives.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:07 pm

A forum is a forum.
A chat is a chat.
This shouldn't even be a discussion. If you want a chat, make an IRC.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:56 pm

Evan challenged me. I accepted that challenge.
/server irc.purplesurge.com -j #nightmareforums

Install your mIRC client (downloadable and virus checked from Serebii) and copy/paste that into the chat bar. We can make ourselves a permanent/temporary general chat.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evo Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:32 am

The chatbox was fine when it was around. I didn't see anything wrong with it. The site isn't getting many posts because most people here don't have time. The chatbox had nothing to do with that. Why take away from the community on here just to push for more posts? I speak for myself and maybe a few others but pokemon isn't that hot like it was when generation 4 and 5 was around. The forum has dwindled down because of lack of interest and people are too busy with school or work.
Evo
Evo
Devoted Shadow
Devoted Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:13 am

Don't take this the wrong way or anything but, you haven't really been here to see what's been going on. So while your input might be valid from your point of view from the other side it's kinda misguided and unnecessary.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:42 pm

While Evo does bring up a valid point, in that our particular Pokémon scene is losing popularity, I would like to point out that the general consensus of the site as well as that of the administrative members has been to keep the chat down. Maybe it'll take until 2014 for them to restore it. hu noes.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:03 am

Safiliwen wrote:Don't take this the wrong way or anything but, you haven't really been here to see what's been going on. So while your input might be valid from your point of view from the other side it's kinda misguided and unnecessary.
His input is correct though.  And that is from me, I've been here.  I don't interact on the site much, but I'm around a lot.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:10 pm

Except it's not correct and you're just being bias and using senseless judgement to make that call anyway, you're only saying that because YOU want chat back. All of his points could of been valid, except at the time they were made they were false. 

Now on the other hand it's slightly different but regardless at the time of the post they were invalid and not true.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Hey. Since it's been weeks since activity tanked, can we get the chat back to maybe encourage a little bit of activity? At this point, most of the members want it. And it's hard for me to test people when my life interferes with my Pokémon life, and people aren't online all the time when I can be. It's starting to become petty at this point, the arguing and the wasting time; the people who are going to post are posting, the people who want to chat are leaving.

tl;dr The site's dead again, bring the fucking chat back before my ulcer gets any worse and I have another aneurysm/everybody leaves becauseloldeadforum
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:29 pm

Take away the mans chat and everyone goes crazy..
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:52 pm

Korasi wrote:Hey. Since it's been weeks since activity tanked, can we get the chat back to maybe encourage a little bit of activity? At this point, most of the members want it. And it's hard for me to test people when my life interferes with my Pokémon life, and people aren't online all the time when I can be. It's starting to become petty at this point, the arguing and the wasting time; the people who are going to post are posting, the people who want to chat are leaving.

tl;dr The site's dead again, bring the fucking chat back before my ulcer gets any worse and I have another aneurysm/everybody leaves becauseloldeadforum

That's a pretty shitty way of asking for chat back LOL probably coulda worded it better but we'll look into it.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by samurott Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:22 pm

true story, but in all seriousness, perhaps waiting a bit longer might help? just throwing my input in here.
samurott
samurott
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by BidofoGS Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:43 pm

it makes it much easier to chat with people if we have a chat  box. I know many many small pokemon forums who keep their chat, and they keep it for a good reason. Some people say "What purpose does it serve being taken away?" If you came on here and there was no quick way to talk with other members and you were forced to make a whole formal post, wouldnt you be less likely to do anything? A quick Log In click on the chat immediately connects us to each other.

Like Prof. Rowan once said, "There is a time and place for everything! but not now"
BidofoGS
BidofoGS
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:30 pm

I think at this point we should look into none chat based places to get new members from so they don't feel like we're lacking a lot by not having a chatroom, since it's made it tougher to get accustomed to, compared to places like Serebii. We have a Tumblr in the works, and I'll make a thread about it in the near future when it gets a bit more of feedback, so I suggest giving a bit of time to test that out and see how far we can go with it. If not, I can't say many other places to try to recruit other than Serebii and PO/PS, which I think a chat would be more worthwhile having to keep some consistency between transitioning from those places to here on the forum.

Excuse the double post, but I am temporarily locking this thread.

For the time being, you may now access the Nightmare Chat through the [Join the chat] link near the bottom of the site. You may also use this link to access it.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2