Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Last Words EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Last Words EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Last Words EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Last Words EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Last Words EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Last Words EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Last Words EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Last Words EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Last Words EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Last Words 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Last Words Nightmare Last Words Sb10 Last Words 21o6g49

Last Words

+8
L
ChronoDuck
Aaron
Frashu
Awakening
buckthefuffalo
Safiliwen
Lynjabear
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Last Words Empty Last Words

Post by Lynjabear Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:05 am

Hello Everyone.

I finally escaped the wifi ban. However, that will likely not change my state of depressing inactivity. While I was away, I discovered new things, such as studying, playing flute, and other recreational activities known as "efficient" or "useful" by my betters and strayed from such destructive things such as Xbox, and, online pokemon gaming. In other words, I learned how to be a good kid.

However, with no prompting from my parents (who do not even know my involvement with this site), I am volunteering the following message.

This is a little bit of a bittersweet topic to those who remember me. Yes, I am here on nightmare since last October and I would like to say hello...and goodbye.

I'm not leaving for another site. And I'm not leaving forever.

But I am leaving the world of pokemon, and I am leaving Nightmare. I've been detached from the scene of competitive arena of battling since I've been detached from this site. I love you all, but I am leaving and nothing will change that.

It's not that I dislike any of those on this site or anything affiliated with recent events -- I haven't been on the site to be up-to-date with any recent happenings. But I have different priorities now. I'm 15, almost ready to enter the real world, not a digitized world of fantasy trainers and gym badges. I am not trying to degrade pokemon. Pokemon will always be part of me, even if it is an infinitely minute portion of my memories.

There are positives and negatives. The positive is that I will -- as I have seen from my journey away from the site -- spend a significantly larger portion of my time on my schoolwork and the SAT's. The SAT's especially, as they are next year -- much too close to be spending time away from preparation. College is just around the riverbend.

The negative is that I will not be able to see all of you folks as much as I used to. I will miss you, bitterly. There have been times when I have though of this site over these months away from the wacky world of pokemon.

It's been a wild roller coaster ride. There's been drama, friendship, some homework practice, hydro pumps, and most of all, good-old-fashioned-fun. But most of all, it has been the best Nightmare I have ever been through. Thank you.

-- Lynjabear, signing out.

I will be back occasionally, just to check up on things :p
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Last Words Empty Re: Last Words

Post by Safiliwen Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:09 am

You better check back ;-; gl with everything :3 and thanks for at least letting us know.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:19 am

Well, good luck with everything you wish to do. While I don't agree fully on your stance (especially about being ready for the real world at or even near 15), I can respect your dedication to your work.

I wish you all the best with your worklife, but while you're gone, please don't forget how to have fun either.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Oh my... I'm sure you'll be fine when you have to take the SATs and ACTs. I wouldn't worry about it because we know how hard you work at everything. It's sad to see you go like that though, so I hope you'll still drop by!
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Good luck on everything and hope you stop by often. c:
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:23 am

I can see that your parents finally got to you. I agree with Buck. You're 3 years younger than I am, and not even' I'm ready for the real world. Take time to enjoy your childhood, dear. It's something that's not going to be around for much longer. As for being "productive", I can't express how important it is to not lose your individuality. Never forget that, Lyn.

I hope that you enjoy entering the real world. Don't forget us. And don't push yourself. You're probably the one person on here that I've ever been able to give this sort of heartfelt advice to. Thanks.

-Aaron
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:51 pm

This is a classic case of someone who doesn't get the balance of Work to Play.

Sending one night playing a pokemon game you love will not affect your SATs nor will it cause you any serious damage in the long run, the problem is when your frontal lobe (the part of the brain that plans out all the long term thinking) and the nucleus accumbens (the part of the brain that gives you immediate pleasure) come into conflict. where you feel going on the site will be more beneficial than studying...

All work and no play can also mean you get really bad SATs aswell, i know someone who spend everyday they did not take any sort of break from studying, there break was reading. They chocked on the exam, they basically overworked themselves, stressed out and boom failure... the key is balance.

Of course im not promoting you should sit on a site for hours on end, that is not productive, but i usually spend an hour or 2 a week on youtube/facebook/forums i keep up to date, do all my work, keeping my grades up, everything seem to work. Im just saying stressing out and working and making rash decisions means you are no help to anyone, not even yourself. You can cut out bad habits, such as giving a tea break when you dont deserve is wrong. but if you give yourself a time slot to play a game/relax doing something away from studious and do something which you wrongly call "destructive" activities then you are more likely going to keep calm and the reward you give yourself will propel you forward into a higher grade, true story.

Goodluck either way, and I do wish you the best in this shocking economy you are so eager to venture into. Where college/university doesn't even garentee a Job in a field you want and you could be in debt for years to come! But why not, grow up now! Stay young, never grow old.
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:37 pm

ChronoDuck wrote:This is a classic case of someone who doesn't get the balance of Work to Play.

Sending one night playing a pokemon game you love will not affect your SATs nor will it cause you any serious damage in the long run, the problem is when your frontal lobe (the part of the brain that plans out all the long term thinking) and the nucleus accumbens (the part of the brain that gives you immediate pleasure) come into conflict. where you feel going on the site will be more beneficial than studying...

All work and no play can also mean you get really bad SATs aswell, i know someone who spend everyday they did not take any sort of break from studying, there break was reading. They chocked on the exam, they basically overworked themselves, stressed out and boom failure... the key is balance.

Of course im not promoting you should sit on a site for hours on end, that is not productive, but i usually spend an hour or 2 a week on youtube/facebook/forums i keep up to date, do all my work, keeping my grades up, everything seem to work. Im just saying stressing out and working and making rash decisions means you are no help to anyone, not even yourself. You can cut out bad habits, such as giving a tea break when you dont deserve is wrong. but if you give yourself a time slot to play a game/relax doing something away from studious and do something which you wrongly call "destructive" activities then you are more likely going to keep calm and the reward you give yourself will propel you forward into a higher grade, true story.

Goodluck either way, and I do wish you the best in this shocking economy you are so eager to venture into. Where college/university doesn't even garentee a Job in a field you want and you could be in debt for years to come! But why not, grow up now! Stay young, never grow old.

This is late, but completely true. I know several people (including myself) who are able to balance their hobbies and work (well, most of the time I can, anyway Razz).

I procrastinate to death. By the time I'm done with homework, it's usually around 10-11 pm, which I recognize is still not as bad as others. I want to get over my procrastination, but even while doing so I've managed to maintain high grades, sometimes even by Lyn's unrealistic standards. For studying for the ACT, I attended a 45 minute class after school twice a week for about eight weeks before the test. My expected range from a pre-test a year prior was 28-32, and I scored a 33. I was able to maintain a normal school life, keeping my grades up, doing extracurricular activities, and even making time for friends and hobbies. If I keep my grades up I can expect to go into a promising college and career.

Lyn's a very smart girl, but she's naive beyond measure. If I can do this, I know she can. It's a shame though. She might never see these posts.

I'll concede that the SAT is more content based, whereas the ACT is more about adaptation. Even so, studying every day or even most days isn't necessary unless the test date is very close.

Anyway, Lyn, if you see this message, I hope you've learned to love life and all it offers. I'm still just a kid, so I can't say I've got life figured out, but I'm still happy with what I'm doing. If you're happy with using youth to work, then by all means do what makes you happy. Just keep in mind that life is far too vast to only focus on a couple things.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Buck what the fuck aren't you like 18?

I feel like Lyn was forced to make that message. But she'll probably have a really nice job later in life on the bright side.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:31 pm

L wrote:Buck what the fuck aren't you like 18?

I feel like Lyn was forced to make that message. But she'll probably have a really nice job later in life on the bright side.

Everything's a conspiracy.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Frashu wrote:

Everything's a conspiracy.

ILLUMINATI
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:07 pm

I'm 17. Even if I was 18, it wouldn't have changed what I said. A 17 year old is not going to understand how the world works, and in my eyes, is still a kid. Transitioning into being an adult, but still a kid. When I was 12-14 I believed in that bull about quickly becoming an adult and being independent and all that jazz. Not to say that I don't have ambition, but the notion that someone fresh out of high school is prepared for the real world is stupid. Ask anyone you know who's 25+.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:10 pm

If I asked my sister who is fairly close to 25....

I'm not asking my sister, she acts more like a kid than me.

I'm just saying Buck, you're pretty old, I find it funny you're calling your self a kid. I mean I'm 15(16 in less than 2 months but meh), you're older than me and calling your self a kid is what I meant. I just find it funny.

I completely agree with your point though. Lyn was the nicest person on Nightmare by far(you all aren't nice people <3), I hope she gets where she wants to in life, seeing how hard she works.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:06 pm

I agree with buck, at 12 i thought being 16+ ment you were an automatic adult but really everyone i know is more immature now than when they were younger. Ofcorse we have more work to do but that doesn't mean we are still kids, nothing prepares you for life not even high school. School is a bubble in its own right, what generally happens to school doesn't really happen anywhere else its so magnified. But looking towards the end of my school career I can say ive had ups and downs and generally it was all worth it, work is important for success but thats not everything. I would rather have a nice house than mediocre friends, but I generally would have a mediocre job with great friends. Life isn't fun if you have no one who can go along with you. But generally speaking, I don't feel like an adult nor do I feel like a kid, its scary looking towards the end but I don't think there is one set age which defines you as an adult i think it takes years to develop...

Slightly dysfunctional rant huehuehue
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:11 pm

all you yunguns

I don't feel like a kid or an adult, even though I legally am the latter. *shrugs*

fuck labels tho 2 stereotypical
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by L Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Shut up and go take your false teef out Evan.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Evan wrote:fuck labels tho 2 stereotypical

This is edgy enough to make you a kid, I think. Wink Just kidding. Just get into a good college and don't get raped and you'll be good to go.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:49 pm

buckthefuffalo wrote:
Evan wrote:fuck labels tho 2 stereotypical

This is edgy enough to make you a kid, I think. Wink Just kidding. Just get into a good college and don't get raped and you'll be good to go.

all the pretty boys want my ass ofc
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Diqlips Sat May 18, 2013 2:36 am

Pr. Marth wants your ass, and he is the prettiest of pretty boys.

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Sat May 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Pr. Marth wrote:Pr. Marth wants your ass, and he is the prettiest of pretty boys.

he's also 12, right in my league.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Diqlips Sat May 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Pr. Marth is timeless, he can be any age you want baby Wink

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Tue May 21, 2013 12:24 am

I request the contamination of Lyn's last words be ceased immediately.

I'm serious.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Tue May 21, 2013 9:07 pm

You can be as serious as you want people still won't take any notice J/s.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue May 21, 2013 9:07 pm

L wrote:I request the contamination of Lyn's last words be ceased immediately.

I'm serious.

No.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Diqlips Tue May 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Pr. Marth requests that you stop contaminating his holy temple called Nightmare.

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum