Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o (Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) Nightmare (Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) Sb10 (Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) 21o6g49

(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent)

+6
buckthefuffalo
Diqlips
Awakening
WINTERFRESH
Qualna
Aaron
10 posters

Go down

(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) Empty (Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent)

Post by Aaron Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:46 am

It doesn't take a man with glasses to see that there is no one here. Weekends are underpopulated, the chat is always dead, and other than the Clear Emerald topic, there hasn't been a single post in the forums (as of today, December 10, 2012) since Saturday. Now, while that may not seem like much, active topics such as both current interactive stories are on a temporary hiatus (or mine is anyway, due to my impossible choir schedule, including 5 performances on Wednesday and 3 performances on Thursday) or are difficult to constantly maintain. How are we going to further the future of Nightmare?

On numerous occasions have I attempted to organize a form of recruiting team, but my ideas have seemingly fallen on deaf (or lazy) ears. I've heard time and time again that "It's a Pokemon site" and that "People will come and go as they please". Unfortunately, a lot of us have found that our Forums have become a part, however small, of our lives. We've come to a point where if somebody doesn't do something, this site will likely become impossible to salvage. At the time, we are experiencing an unusual phenomenon: The "Users Connected in the Last 48 Hours" bar is a single line. Not two, not three. ONE. That means that only our regulars and/or originals are the ones coming online. That's scary. We don't have anything going for us right now. We're pretty much dead. I can only recruit so many people or make so many incentives for others to recruit. I really can't do any more. I need people's help on this. Honestly. I know that I'm not the only one who cares about this site and feels this way... Am I?
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) Empty Re: (Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent)

Post by Qualna Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:51 am

(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) Notto_disu_shitto_agen
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

https://www.youtube.com/acheronpride

Back to top Go down

(Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent) Empty Re: (Urgent) The Future of Nightmare (Urgent)

Post by Aaron Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:02 am

Hey, thanks for your patronage. Your support is welcomed and accepted.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:09 am

Korasi wrote:Hey, thanks for your patronage. Your support is welcomed and accepted.
Hey thanks for that awkwardly placed bartender vernacular. While you're at it, how about fixing up a nice sangria?
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

https://www.youtube.com/acheronpride

Back to top Go down

Post by WINTERFRESH Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:44 pm

I don't know man. I don't really have much of a reason to come here anymore. Skype/Facebook already keeps me connected with the people I want to chat with here which was the only reason I came here.

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't even connect to pokemon that much anymore. I didn't buy b/w 2 and don't plan to.

I mean the site has to die at some point. Do we even have a reason to keep this site going?

WINTERFRESH
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Let's just wait until BW2 okay guys, then we'll be good.

I guess I was kidding myself.

What's the point of rallying up when people don't even play Pokemon anymore?
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Diqlips Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:11 pm

This is why it should become a League site! (or just a general gaming site)

Diqlips
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Drathmar wrote:This is why it should become a League site! (or just a general gaming site)

While this would appeal to a wider audience (in the latter case), there are already even more LoL or general gaming sites than Pokemon. I don't think it would really help much with traffic.

The site was doing decently while B/W 2 was new and everyone was playing it. However, the meta hasn't changed much and we've already discussed so much about the new games that there's really nothing new to talk about. In fact, much of the discussion was already gone after the game got released in Japan due to discussing what the final version of the game was like.

That's sort of the way it is with Pokemon. New games come out, they get discussed to death, and then there's a period of months or years where nothing notable appears, leaving a gaping hole in potential discussion. B/W 2 was pretty lengthy by Pokemon standards if you did all of post-game, but we still all blazed through it and it didn't leave much open to discussion. The meta was already changed by its "additions" (such as the Genie formes) long before its NA/EU release date, so there wasn't a whole lot of new discussion on that readily available when it reached those shores.

The majority of the site doesn't really battle for a variety of reasons, ranging from apathy to disliking the current meta. I mean, we will for kicks and giggles or if someone else really wants to, but it's not something we actively pursue. It's been like this for months now, so chat has been less active. Chat is almost never active now for the previously mentioned reason of Skype being readily available for the majority of members here. I noticed this a while back, and at first, it lead to more posting, and so I feel that the balance between chat/forum activity was better then.

Over the past year, our amount of regular visitors has gone down. However, it's also important to note that three "regulars" have been banned or left in that time (Leo, L, Luck). The other communities who visited us, such as Spacebound, are dead, so we don't have them anymore either. I may be forgetting others, but those are the ones who stick out in my head. Of course, I feel that the amount of visitors has also decreased due to inactive chat. I remember the amount of people on at any given time being much higher when chat was active, but at the same time I personally prefer forum activity over chat, and most of those members didn't really post much.

Speaking of posting, it's been pretty slow too. While you could argue that this is due to lack of incentive, it's important to note that most forums and communities (and notable ones, at that) offer no incentive for just posting, only providing a post count. Pokemon aren't really worthy due to Gen existing, and banners/sig stuff is somewhat bland, and I really don't feel comfortable making the people who have the capability do it, especially when it's a service that most people want quickly, and there's no guarantee how long a banner/sig could take. Since we obviously aren't going to send out real items as incentive, there's not much of a wide range of incentives to offer that are good for the site.

Honestly, I don't mind chat not being active because it isn't really necessary. There are still enough people on to go back and forth on discussion via the forum, but if I had to guess I'd say everyone's tired of seeing/talking to the same people in discussion for years. As for the amount of new members, we're currently at an average of gaining a member every two days. Not a bad average, but the thing is people aren't staying, a problem which has bitten us for pretty much the history of the site. Unfortunately, there's no magic way to make sure they continue to come back after the first visit. We have the introduction section, and I feel that it serves its purpose well for showing that we're a friendly community towards new people. For others, they may see no one on chat and think the site is dead, like Korasi.

Overall, I don't think the site will die as long as the people who regularly come here check back often, post, and keep in touch with each other, whether on chat or not. Activity won't be guaranteed and probably won't be high, but as long as the members we have now stay and remember to check back a time or two every day (and most will due to regularly speaking each other), I think we'll be alright.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:29 am

Buck's right in every respect, minus the last. Outside of a select few people, I honestly only come on here because I enjoy the IS's. If I want a Pokemon battle, I will, but I usually only feel like it when it's offered by the people I'm in Skype with.

Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Yeah. I think that you're right, Buck. It's just weird to come on here and see that it's been a week since someone's posted in a topic. I guess it's time to move on...
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 pm

And let's face it we're a Pokemon site that lasted longer than 1 month with consistent visitors.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Ahahaha! That's true. SPL lasted a little more than 3~4 months though. We did EPT arooooooouuuuund.... I think it was late June~early July 2010. Then this fucking site came along and lasted longer than both of them. Thanks for being so awesome you guys. I really appreciate it.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:00 am

However this doesn't mean everything can be ignored. While we are still alive and doing okay, we are down low on the activity.

But somehow I think it'll work out like it always does. Following the previous month of deadness last time, (like around July) we ended up making 1.4k posts in a month.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:07 am

Well, that's because of two active ISs. We just need some more interesting topics. Such as the New Town thing today. We need a topic on that.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:33 am

The IS's only took up 1/4 of the posts that month.

While still a lot, that does mean that the majority of the posts are pretty much for the forum.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsoulAwaken Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Honestly, I'd just talk with everyone here on Facebook. Sorry.
AbsoulAwaken
AbsoulAwaken
Devoted Shadow
Devoted Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down