Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Korasi's Dilemma EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Korasi's Dilemma EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Korasi's Dilemma EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Korasi's Dilemma EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Korasi's Dilemma EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Korasi's Dilemma EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Korasi's Dilemma EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Korasi's Dilemma EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Korasi's Dilemma EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Korasi's Dilemma 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Korasi's Dilemma Nightmare Korasi's Dilemma Sb10 Korasi's Dilemma 21o6g49

Korasi's Dilemma

+7
Evan
Zai
Frashu
buckthefuffalo
Qualna
Danye West
Aaron
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Korasi's Dilemma Empty Korasi's Dilemma

Post by Aaron Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:25 pm

We are going to lose people to Rayquaza. BIG TIME. Something needs to be done. This is real, people. It's happening. And our dying is making them stronger.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Korasi's Dilemma Empty Re: Korasi's Dilemma

Post by Danye West Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:26 pm

I only remember 1 person leaving to rayquaza.
Danye West
Danye West
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Guise. Yer making Awake cry. Srs. Guise. Srs.
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

https://www.youtube.com/acheronpride

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:31 pm

The people who still enjoy the site and the people in it are going to stay. Those with colon crucifixion will leave. I don't like it when people leave, but some people (this is NOT directed at anyone in particular) will do nothing but complain anyway, even if we fix or attempt to fix the problem, and the site is better off without them.

Also, I couldn't care less if Rayquaza gets "stronger". We aren't at war and I don't have a problem with them. If I recall correctly, a couple members visit both sites.

At the end of the day, it's just a Pokemon site. Those who are still enjoying it will stay here.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:55 pm

There have been 3 so far. Actually, 4.

Anubis, L, Zai, and Awakening. Zai is active here, but my source tells me that he has an account there and is quite active.

And if people keep leaving, there will be less company. Less people to talk to, less people to post. At the end of the day, an inactive forum is an unsuccessful forum.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Korasi wrote:There have been 3 so far. Actually, 4.

Anubis, L, Zai, and Awakening. Zai is active here, but my source tells me that he has an account there and is quite active.

And if people keep leaving, there will be less company. Less people to talk to, less people to post. At the end of the day, an inactive forum is an unsuccessful forum.

They mostly came on for the chatbox. Don't confuse the forum with the chatbox.

P.S. The L over there isn't the same L on here.
Qualna
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

https://www.youtube.com/acheronpride

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:04 pm

^ Qualna's right on that one.

I doubt Reshiram got Mod on his first day.

Also, I'm pretty sure not many of us would really Forum hop like that.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Qualna wrote:
Korasi wrote:There have been 3 so far. Actually, 4.

They mostly came on for the chatbox. Don't confuse the forum with the chatbox.

P.S. The L over there isn't the same L on here.

I'm aware. I'm talking about the one named Reshiram.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Zai Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:21 pm

There are two L's the L over there i knew for some while and he is nothing like Reshiram.

That L has been mod for a very long time there, way past even when resh was here.

And tell your sources to mind their business about where i go to

You didn't lose Anubloser to there anyway....

He was always at rayquaza forum way before i introduced him to here so .... and he doesn't go there anymore

They also have two Reshirams ....

The reshiram from there is the person we know as Samurott

Zai
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm not talking about L. I'm talking about our L (known formerly as Reshiram). There is a guy named Reshiram over there.

What I'm saying is, not to throw my examples under the bus (they are sheerly used for making my point), we need to get our asses in gear. There is little to no activity in most topics here. And we're running out of things to talk about. We need a vamp. New members. More people. Activity. I mean, come on.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Okay, lets just look here.

Your complaining about a Pokemon forum that attacts more people than another Pokemon forum. Its. A. Fucking. Forum.

zzzzzz
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Not complaining. I want to make this site better. That must not be a goal here? I suppose I was wrong.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:51 pm

No, I'm just saying, instead of acting like it's a problem, why not just make it a good thing? Talk to the people at Rayquaza or whatever the fuck and ask what's going on instead of saying, we're losing members because _______ did ________ and things happened.

It's not always time to fight, when you can speak.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:54 pm

I don't want to fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Holy craaaaaaaaaaap.

That's why I posted this. I'm not over flaming. I just don't want to lose 2 years of hard work for nothing.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:01 pm

I'm still here, and I do in fact have an account in Rayquaza but that's none of yalls business.

I think it's named TwilightZoneReshiram, but I can't recall correctly. This is my favorite forum by far.

Even if the majority of you all are assholes.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:34 pm

Zai wrote:You didn't lose Anubloser to there anyway....

Anubis was awesome though. I don't think he ever did anything bad.

Korasi wrote:What I'm saying is, not to throw my examples under the bus (they are sheerly used for making my point), we need to get our asses in gear. There is little to no activity in most topics here. And we're running out of things to talk about. We need a vamp. New members. More people. Activity. I mean, come on.

I see your concerns and reasoning. However, most of these have been problems for a while.

There are still plenty of things to talk about, Pokemon or otherwise. That's a cop-out used by people who won't make their own topics and expect others to do it for them. The amount and diversity of the sections we have allows for pretty much unlimited potential topics. It's at your and everyone else's fingertips. It only needs to be used.

We tried a revamp of the site's look once, but it was pretty much decided that this was still the best look for the site. Sections were edited or deleted to make the forum more compact but still versatile, we added a couple features, and have tried to get people involved in tournaments or site activities. It was back before you started being active again, but we probably changed and refined the site more than it ever was before. Funnily enough, we still had pretty much the same problems.

We could always use more members, but every single time we've tried to get more people here, we got some to join, but few stayed or even entered the chat. Unfortunately you can't make people stay, and different people will stay or leave for different reasons. For example, some people won't care about discussion, and will visit the site once or maybe twice to see if anyone is on the chat, and then just not come back.

Come to think of it, most of the people who join the site rarely even show signs that they exist. I remember back when we would get a couple of members a week, and I don't recall many of them even making an introduction post, let alone taking part in discussion or coming to chat.

Quite honestly, I like the chat having little activity. Ever since the chat has lacked activity, forum posting has gone up. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the actual discussion you can get over days or even weeks from a forum, as opposed to the quick, shallow, instant gratification of the chat which always has little potential stability.

Additionally, it's a little Pokemon forum in a sea of hundreds if not thousands, and chances are we're probably never going to achieve instant replies on the forum, or a constantly active chat. Most of the people here are likable, and if we keep the people who actually like to contribute with their thoughts in discussions, I'm okay with that. More people who enjoy discussion would always be good, but with trends I've seen over the time I've been here, most don't give a lick about the forum. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try, but I don't think we're in danger of dying, and as long as we keep the people who actually like the forum, those who have proven themselves time and time again to be here for more than shooting the breeze, we'll stay afloat.

Oh, and this should be obvious, but B/W 2 will bring more members and activity just like all the main games have. It just sort of... happens.

L wrote:but that's none of yalls business.

I don't understand this. You and everyone else are allowed to browse other forums and the like as you please and be open about it. I think it's the whole secrecy and mythical taboo of going to other sites and such that's caused some problems for the site. If someone doesn't want to say they go to another site, they certainly don't have to, but they aren't discouraged from going on other sites. It's the internet for God's sake.

The whole "Us vs. Them" attitude is never good for a community where several visit other sites.

Now when you start to say "This site is shit and that's why I'm going to x and fuck you," that's when you start to look like a tool, but I don't think anyone's really done that yet.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Really?

Spoiler:
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:47 pm

But otherwise, I agree with you. I just think that it eventually comes down to what site you like better. And I just don't want us to die. I've tried to stimulate Forum activity.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Korasi wrote:Really?

Spoiler:

I didn't like to see him go, but he had his own reasons, and I personally don't think it's indicative of the death of the site. It just wasn't working for him anymore.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:37 am

Well, I just want to be careful. And as more and more people talk about leaving or just leave in general (like what happened to Phanpy and Eduardo?), I want the site to be prepared.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Korasi wrote:Well, I just want to be careful. And as more and more people talk about leaving or just leave in general (like what happened to Phanpy and Eduardo?), I want the site to be prepared.

Perfectly understandable.

By the way, Ed had to leave due to real life I think. He might still play League but I don't know about the other stuff, since he doesn't seem to visit other forums that we know of. Phanps just sort of quit coming, but I'm not sure if he ever explained why.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Okay. I just want to be sure.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:23 pm

I don't play with him, but he's been on League.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Yeah. I played with him a while back. He came on about a day ago, I think. Or maybe a week. Either way, Ed's been on recently. Not to do anything, sadly.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:23 pm

I'm quite active on Ray, but I don't see how that's a problem.
Luck
Luck
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum