Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
    Who is online?
    In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
    Latest topics
    » The Missing Constellation
    The Missing Constellation - Page 40 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
    The Missing Constellation - Page 40 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
    The Missing Constellation - Page 40 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
    The Missing Constellation - Page 40 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
    The Missing Constellation - Page 40 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
    The Missing Constellation - Page 40 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
    The Missing Constellation - Page 40 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
    The Missing Constellation - Page 40 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
    The Missing Constellation - Page 40 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
    We have 490 registered users
    The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
    Our awesome Affiliates!
    The Missing Constellation - Page 40 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o The Missing Constellation - Page 40 Nightmare The Missing Constellation - Page 40 Sb10 The Missing Constellation - Page 40 21o6g49

The Missing Constellation

+3
    Danye West
    L
    Qualna
    7 posters

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

The Missing Constellation - Page 40 Empty Re: The Missing Constellation

Post by Qualna Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:56 am

Riley:

"For me, I guess it wasn't that much different either. I lost my mother when I was four and was dropped off at the same orphanage as Ivan. Most of my company was in books and gardening, but I always tried to look after him. It's been so long since I first met you and the others."

>Continue the conversation
    >Wait for Ivan to finish
    Qualna
    Qualna
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

https://www.youtube.com/acheronpride

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Continue the conversation.
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Riley:

"After all this time, you seem to be rather unshaken by everything that's happened so far. Ever since your parents passed away in that unfortunate train incident and left you and Reed with their businesses, you haven't seem too responsive about it. Reed took a noticeable turn in personality. He's taken on the burden of keeping the family name alive, and it's really a lot to bear for someone his age. He used to be so easygoing and optimistic too. But what about you, Riley? After all that's happened up to this point... are you okay?"

>
    Qualna
    Qualna
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:26 pm

It's not like I don't miss them, and of course I'm quite sad. But at the end of the day, I can't act like I'm a different man because of this. I miss them dearly, but it's really difficult to change myself. I'd rather be happy they lived rather than sad they died, if that makes any sense.
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:54 am

Riley:

"Well alright. If there's anything you ever need to talk about, I'll be here."

The mechanical door slides open and Ivan emerges, holding a toolbox. "It's done. Man, it feels like I've been in there for two months. Come on, take a look." As he directs you into the room he explains his modifications. "I was able to restore his combative abilities up to par of how he was before, also by restructuring the chassis I was able to add a new core processor to it. Now he has the ability to analyze certain moves of any potential assailant and imitate it. All that remains is to reboot him." Ivan flicks a lever, causing an electrical current to surge through a series of wires leading up to the rebuilt automaton. Malachai's eyes light up and breaks free from the bound cables. "All systems functional. Please state authoritative command," Malachai speaks.

Ivan steps forward. "I am Ivan, and I am responsible for your activation. You are to serve me and protect me and my friends from harm. Am I clear?"
    "Understood."
    "Just to make sure all history of your former protocol is deleted, I'm going to ask you a few questions. First of all, do you know who you are?"
    "Checking initial database... one moment... All my specs confirm that I am only known as Malachai. My primary purpose was left blank until you had just given your authoritative command."
    "Good, do you know how to use your battle functions?"
    "Of course, I assume you did not activate me for my culinary abilities alone, which I assure you is exceptional."
    "Hm... you retain a sense of humor... that's a bad sign."
    "What was that?"
    "Nothing. Everything checks out for now." Ivan then turns to you. "Alright, so we have that out of the way. What now?"

>"Let's go after SOLARA."
    >"Let's head back into town."
    >"Think we can get in touch with the others?"
    >"Thanks for re-activating Malachai for me, but your services are no longer needed." (Attack)
    >(Custom Dialogue)
    Qualna
    Qualna
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:56 am

Think we can get in touch with the others?
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:56 am

Riley:

Ivan takes out of his phone and holds it up for reception.

"Hm, now that you mention it, I might be able to boost the signal connection in this lab and we could come in contact with the closest person. They don't even have to be in the same world. Let's give it a shot."

Ivan charges his phone and sends out a ping.

"It looks like we can call... William or Hazel. I only got a strong enough charge to call one of them. Personally I don't really know William enough and Hazel is just... ugh..."

>"I'll talk to William"
    >"I'll talk to Hazel"
    >"Maybe Isabella can get more from talking to one them" (Choose Hazel or William)
    >"Nevermind, let's just move on."
    Qualna
    Qualna
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Maybe Isabella can get more from talking to William?
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:12 am

Riley:

Ivan connects the line and the tone rings several time before there is an answer. William responds in a despondent voice.

"Who... who is this?"
    "William, it's Isabella. I wanted to check up on you, and see how you were doing."
    "Isabella... good. I can talk to you."
    "William, what's going on?"
    "He... he took Madeline."
    "Who?"
    "Some... deranged pirate. First he blindsided me and dragged me into my parent's flying ship, saying that my family stole it from him. Then he flew it into this sandy world and dropped me in the middle of the desert. I was saved by traveling nomads that brought me into a town oasis. The lunatic had the nerve to contact me after that and tell me if I ever want to see Madeline again I should fight him for her release. I don't trust he's going to play fair, so I'm quite glad you called me. You see... as much as I hate to ask, I may actually need your help. Hazel told me you are the most aware out of any of this of what's going on so far. If you would... find me and help me defeat that bastard."
    "That's terrible... I'd really like to help you, but I'm currently bound to this industrial world and there is a mechanical assailant after me, Riley, and Ivan. I promise, I will aid you as soon as I possibly can."
    "Thanks... you have my gratitude... but don't tell anyone I said that. Last thing I need right now is to have people know I thanked an orphan."
    "..."
    The call ends and Ivan begins to speak. "Alright. So as soon as we deal with SOLARA, I guess we're helping Mister One-Percenter over there with his whole chivalric quest bullshit. Cool. Malachai, do you possess the ability to detect nearby automatons and can you alert me when one is present?"
    "Of course."
    "Good, let's fine this fembot and get out of here."

>Remain silent and follow.
    >"Since when did you run the show around here?" (Assert leadership)
    >"Are we ready for this?"
    >(Custom action/dialogue)
    Qualna
    Qualna
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:04 am

While I understand your enthusiasm, are you sure we can take on Solara right now? I don't exactly think she'll be easy considering her apparent dominion over this place. Maybe we should at least go back to your place and plan this out, eh?
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:33 am

Riley:

"My place? My place is cock, this lab is better. Anyway, I think the acquisition of Malachai here just made us as ready as we'll ever be. The more time we waste, the higher the chance we're endangering our friends. Besides, how are we supposed to 'plan' this? We're going in blind either way, it's not like we know anything about her weaponry arsenal. We don't have time to sit around and set up an ambush, what if that's just what she wants so she can stall us out while everyone else gets picked off?"

>"Alright, you made your point."
    >"I'm taking charge here, and I say we're doing this my way."
    >"Is he always like this?" (To Isabella)
    >"You're starting to become a real prick, you know that?"

Last edited by Qualna on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:45 am; edited 2 times in total
    Qualna
    Qualna
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:12 pm

Alright, you made your point, let's just go going before you make another.
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:27 am

Riley:

"Malachai, perform scan for any other automatons."
    "Initiating...

Signal found. Please follow me and I will lead you to the designated location."
    "Alright. I guess I finally get to try out my inventions in battle as well."

-Ivan has officially joined the party!-

~Achievement Unlocked: Lemme Show You Mah Crew (Form a full active party) Health Regeneration is now at 1.5 per turn.

Ivan's Statistical Profile:

Theme Song here pls

About: Ivan is reclusive and quite irritable, but he is a kind person at heart. He hates loud noises and prefers not to associate with new technology, as opposed to technology he can just create or innovate himself. He has a keen interest in machinery, especially of the vehicular kind. He appreciates resourcefulness and sensibility, and dislikes wastefulness, irrational decisions, and general horseplay. He may snap a lot, but it's rather common and should only be taken with a grain of salt, it's when he's in absolute prolonged silence where you should be worried. His strongest relations are with Isabella, Vahn, and Sheena.

Combat Roles:
    Ivan has two beginning combat roles to choose from: Gadgeteer and Tech-Lancer.
    As a Gadgeteer, Ivan will focus is skills primarily in placing sentries, drones, and utilizing machines and chemicals to fight enemies and support the team. As a Tech-Lancer, Ivan invents mechanical weaponry to directly combat such as electric staffs, rocket gauntlets, and drill knives. When promoted from Gadgeteer, Ivan will become a Mastermind, gaining access to the upmost variety of creative blueprints, and dispensable tech. When promoted from Tech-Lancer, Ivan will bestow the title of Nano Artisan. As such he will be able to use nanotechnology to create a variety of weapon shapes and armor, with microscopic machines that can tear his enemies from the inside out.

Please select a combat role for Ivan before continuing.
    Qualna
    Qualna
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:52 am

Tech-Lancer
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:20 am

Riley:

You follow Ivan and Malachai out of the hidden laboratory and into a winding path leading out into long countryside. There doesn't seem to be any noticeable landmarks for a long while so you figure this may be an opportune time to start up a conversation.

>Talk to Isabella
    >Talk to Ivan
    >Talk to Malachai
    >Remain Silent

Kal:

You feel yourself in some sort of out-of-body experience with nothing around you but sheer darkness. "Was it all a dream?" You ask yourself. "Am I in a dream now?" You ask again. You can't seem to grasp your memories. "Who am I..." You wonder to yourself. An unfamiliar voice trickles through the darkness. "Wake up... wake up... Grant... we need you." Dim colors begin to blur about and you gain focus of your surroundings. You're lying in a grassy field, and your body does not feel like your own. You are met with a woman of auburn hair in a militant uniform, with her jade gaze set on you. You try to speak, but no words are heard, instead a voice that is not your own responds from your body. "Perdonami, Lieutenant. It's been so long since I was in the open world, and not that dannato campeggio. I just needed a break." The woman angrily snaps at you. "Look, Captain. We all hated that camp, and we don't want to be fighting this war. But disobedience or desertion will only be met with immediate execution. You know that. Now come on, Commander's waiting." Your body gets up and follows her until you come across a squadron of troops gathered around a fire. A large man stands out from the rest and addresses you. "Glad you could join us, Captain," he sneers. "I am here now. What is our next objective?" the voice that is not your own inquires. "Our next move should put this whole thing to rest. We're close by the capital now, and the enemy still doesn't know of this platoon's existence. We're going to move in to the center of the city and plant the coordinate marker and get out. Once we're a safe distance from the city we will radio the silo to activate our ultimate weapon: The Lunar Orbital Strike. You've already been briefed on this captain, the remote signal is only strong enough when triggered with the charged Turquoise gemstone, and even more peculiar, the gemstone only seems to react when you hold it. So you will wait at a designated point while we invade the city and place the marker. When we rendezvous again, we will give you the signal to activate the strike. Am I understood, Captain?"

"But what about the civilians? There are many innocents inside the city. We must evacuate them!"
    "Are you insane, Captain?! We don't have time to evacuate the civilians, and we can't let the enemy onto our final attack!"
    "Thousands, will die! They are human beings like us that got dragged into the middle of this!"
    "It is a necessary sacrifice, and you WILL obey orders! When this whole war is over, we can finally go home! So when I give you the signal, you better damn well raise that gem in the air, because our future depends on it. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!"
    "...No, commander."
    "A damned shame. I thought this might happen. Since we still need you alive to activate the satellite, I won't kill you. Instead... Jelena! Carry out the back up plan."

Two troops detain you as the woman with Auburn hair takes a knife and slowly amputates your hand. The voice that is not your own begins screaming in agony as the two soldiers throw you aside.

"As long as you're still alive and we have your hand, the gemstone won't know the difference. Consider yourself officially court-martialed "

The troops begin to march with the commander into the city, and after they leave your body begins running towards another entrance in, while clutching your wound. You run into the streets and shout to grab everyone's attention. "Everyone! Please listen to me! You are all in terrible danger! Soon you will be under attack by an orbital strike! You must all leave!" A crowd begins to gather around and boos at you like you are nothing but an escaped asylum patient. "You speak nonsense!" A citizen shouts. "Our military protects us!" Another one heckles. "Guards, there is an enemy sympathizer ranting at us!" A group of soldiers of a different uniform rush in and surround you. One of them steps forward and aims a rifle at you. "You..." He utters in a distasteful tone. "I know you... YOU'RE WITH THEM! You think you can drive our city in panic? Your plan has failed you! Now die!" A large ringing goes through your ears as your vision becomes dim again and your body collapses to the floor. Your mind retains complete clarity as can only watch your final moments, killed by the people you tried to save.

Everything turns dark again and your mind feels once again separated from a body. "Grant... I'm sorry..." you hear a voice echo from the infinite void.

"Grant?" You think. "No... My name is Kal."

Everything becomes vivid once more as you awaken at the desert town. The man who brought you in on his narwhal looks at you. "Oh, you're up."
    Qualna
    Qualna
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:47 pm

"Is there any way to escape this loony bin? I feel like I should be anywhere but here.... Right now at least."
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:01 pm

Talk to Izzy.
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:03 pm

Riley:

"Riley? You wish to speak to me?"

>

Kal:

"You want to leave this place? I kinda just brought you here, plus I don't think there's any other towns around for miles."

>
    Qualna
    Qualna
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:51 am

You seem like you want to help everyone, but you don't let anybody try to help you out. Why's that?
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:56 am

Riley:

"What do you mean? I just want be able to see everyone to be together again... and you're already helping with that."

>
    Qualna
    Qualna
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:59 am

To be frank, I'm not quite sure you let people skin deep. Seems to me you got some inner demons, eh?
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:12 am

Well, fine. What exactly is there to do? Have there been any major events here lately?
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:02 am

Riley:

"Inner... demons? I honestly don't know where this is all coming from all of a sudden. There's not much to me to know, and the reason I don't tell a lot of people is well... nobody really shows that much interest in me."

>

Kal:

"Major events? If you call the random pirate attacks  major event, sure those have been going on for as long as I can remember. Other than that, you could go touring around this oasis town. There's not much here after we've been constantly pillaged. Damn pirates even burned down our library... I think one of them made off with the desert trail map to the ancient tomb."

>
    Qualna
    Qualna
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:25 am

Ancient tomb, eh? Is there any motive? What could be there that would interest those of his ilk?
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:47 am

Kal:

"What are you, some sort of marauder? I don't know why he wanted to go to the ancient tomb, probably just to look for treasure that may or may not be there. That's what all pirates like, right? You don't look like you're from around here... or... this world for that matter. Your clothes are a dead giveaway."
    Qualna
    Qualna
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next