Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. Nightmare Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. Sb10 Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. 21o6g49

Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame.

5 posters

Go down

What do you think of Smogon's decision?

Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. I_vote_lcap47%Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. I_vote_lcap13%Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. I_vote_lcap0%Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. I_vote_lcap0%Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. I_vote_lcap20%Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]
Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. I_vote_lcap20%Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. Empty Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame.

Post by Frashu Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Yes, according to Smogon, they have finished suspect testing and Excadrill and Thundurus has been banned from the Standard Metagame.

Any qualms with this decision? To be honest I think they were both justified.

Both Excadrill and Thundurus ruin the momentum of my well structured teams by forcing myself to bring surehard counters to them. Obviously with them gone OU will be a bit more fun and enjoyable instead of seeing, "BrokenMole" and "BrokenGenie" every 2 battles.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. Empty Re: Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame.

Post by Eduardo Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:16 pm

As I've said many and many times, Excadrill and Thundurus are only broken because of weather. Maybe banning weather from the metagame would be easier than banning all Pokemon that can abuse of it?!
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame. Empty Re: Excadrill and Thundurus banned from the Standard Metagame.

Post by Danye West Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Ehhh, Thunderus was a bit too powerful, even without weather. Excadrill was a bit too fast and strong with access to SD and Rapid spin. So I believe these banning's were justified.
Danye West
Danye West
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Eduardo wrote:As I've said many and many times, Excadrill and Thundurus are only broken because of weather. Maybe banning weather from the metagame would be easier than banning all Pokemon that can abuse of it?!

But the weather isn't the problem. Excadrill and Thunderus were banned for their ability to abuse weather (among other things), so banning weather altogether would be illogical. Cool and creative teams can come out of weather, but these guys were ruining the fun of it. Maybe now we'll see some creativity.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:18 am

But the weather isn't the problem. Excadrill and Thunderus were banned for their ability to abuse weather (among other things), so banning weather altogether would be illogical. Cool and creative teams can come out of weather, but these guys were ruining the fun of it. Maybe now we'll see some creativity.

Well I'm not sure about creative if your using rain it's usually to abuse a certain poke or two if your using sun it's the same deal as well as sandstorm so what's next they ban Gliscor? I have no issue with the bans per se but that reasoning is a bit iffy.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:54 pm

Safiliwen wrote:

Well I'm not sure about creative if your using rain it's usually to abuse a certain poke or two if your using sun it's the same deal as well as sandstorm so what's next they ban Gliscor? I have no issue with the bans per se but that reasoning is a bit iffy.

Well, I'm not saying they should ban anything that can abuse weather. Excadrill was just so good at it that something had to be done. But banning weather altogether would be a major screw-up.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Well yeah I know, but the same could be argued with Sun teams and Volcarona while I know it's easier to be dealt with "somewhat" it's the same concept I mean eitherway it doesn't affect me I play UU or LC so yeah xD
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Banning Weather would probably be worse than banning 1 pokemon as more than 1 Pokemon is affected, not to mention a whole playstyle.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down