Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. Nightmare I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. Sb10 I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. 21o6g49

I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please.

5 posters

Go down

Is the Election for new Admins/Mods bull shizer?

I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. I_vote_lcap67%I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 6 ]
I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. I_vote_lcap33%I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 9

I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. Empty I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please.

Post by Jamie Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Ok, well i was just sat there on my xbox, and i had enough of CoD so i decided to come online. But noone was in the CB. So i accutually decided to read the forum. And im going to say this...Its not fucking hard to do 3 posts a fucking day. Ive done like 20+ in one day. Lolz in one day of accutually reading the forum i doubled my posts. So there are things to posts about. Sure, at least 10 of my posts aren't like a Good post which is what they wanted. I even wrote a story for fucks sake. So now i see why they were like your just lazy...blah blah blah them being the Admins/Mods...Its becuase you are fucking lazy...Admins/Mods ok you wanted us to post 3 times a day but you ddin't need to add the threat of taking away the CB. Everyone was like Fuck me now im not making any posts im leaving the forum....blah blah blah...Im just saying one last thing and making a Poll. If you didn't try to bring this new rule in then this election wouldn't have come up...Winter only made the post because he didn't want the Cb away. So think before you act. This is a message mostly to the old Admins and Mods, and a few others, but please dont take offence to this it was merely a warning to the new Admins/Mods not to try and drive people away. I dunno if anyone has accutually left but yeah.

Ok, moving on to the Poll, if you think this election is bull shit vote yes and Post a comment about why you think it is isn't. And dont be like bitching at someone because of what they wrote. Freedom of speech. Just don't be an idiot with your freedom of speech

Jamie
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. Empty Re: I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please.

Post by ChronoDuck Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:34 pm

YES JAMM finnally seeing the logic
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please. Empty Re: I want everyone to read this as soon as they log on, please.

Post by Jamie Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Lol, i know, there just to lazy to browse the forum, there all interested in the CB, i was addicted to it, like a druggy on crack.

Jamie
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:12 pm

This election thing is bull shizer. I was against it from the beginning. And making 3 posts a day isn't hard. I make like 15+ each day if I can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:29 pm

^^^ proof that it isn't hard, so come on people pump thoes muscles, plus if i remember correctly it was 3 a week!

Jamie
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Making posts is really easy. I actually check the forums more than I go on the chat.

However, I'm not sure what to think about the election. In all honesty, I think it's a great idea that people get to choose their own mods. It's been going on for a while, and to stop it now is wasting a lot of effort. If you ask me, we've already stuck out necks in too far to turn back again, as it'd waste a lot of hard work from many.

On the other hand, I didn't ever think there was anything wrong with the staff at NM, so originally, I didn't truly see the point in the election. I'd never had any problems at all with the amount of mods either, as there are still many times when there are a few members on the chat with no mod/admin to clear and that sort of thing. I've liked all of the people who have been in power, and felt that they had done their job well, and they weren't mods for nothing; they earned their position.

Overall, I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole situation...
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:36 pm

I don't think the rule about posting was what wholly brought about the idea for the election. I think of it as a sort of "last straw" for some of the members, which led to the assumption that we needed to adjust staff.

Jamie, you say we didn't need to try to take chat away to get people to post, but is that really true? At that time, the forum was pretty much only being visited by a few people, so it was a last resort meant to increase activity. Now, that said, once the new staff is put into place, the rule will be discussed once more, and compromises will most likely be made to make sure the forum gets the activity it needs while making sure chat stays on as much as it can. Either that, or the rule will be revoked. Forum activity has risen considerably, so kudos on that, my fellow members, but I don't think we're quite there yet.

Much of the staff was regretting ever going along with this election thing, but as Epic mentioned, we were already way too into it to just put a stop to things, lest we be called tyrants yet again. However, there are some benefits to the election, such as fixing our problem with overstaffing, and making the ratio of admins to mods much more balanced.

So yeah, the election has its pros and cons, and the posting rule was no doubt an influence on the thread that first proposed it. But will it be for the better of the forum? We'll see.

I'd also like to note that the new staff that gets elected won't be permanent. There's still the option of promoting other people to the staff, and on that same coin, we may demote a staff member if we feel we need to. Of course, promotions/demotions will most likely be far and few between, but I thought I'd put that out there.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:34 pm

It's bullshit because we're making negative progress.

The site should have changes made as necessary, not reconstructed. That is the antithesis of what we stand for.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:34 am

Yeah but then Buck why discuss it going back into place when the forum is getting more activity now. All im saying is, sure the threat of no CB has increased posting, but no CB will lead to some people leaving and have less people in the forum in the first place

Jamie
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down