Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Togekiss <3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Togekiss <3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Togekiss <3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Togekiss <3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Togekiss <3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Togekiss <3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Togekiss <3 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Togekiss <3 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Togekiss <3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Togekiss <3 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Togekiss <3 Nightmare Togekiss <3 Sb10 Togekiss <3 21o6g49

Togekiss <3

Go down

Togekiss <3 Empty Togekiss <3

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:43 am

Stats:
HP: 85
Atk: 50
Def: 95
SpAtk: 120
SpDef: 115
Spe: 80

This is my very 1st strategy post so I hope you enjoy it! When it comes to Normal Types, Togekiss is the way to go! With its an excellent Movepool, many sets are available and it is very popular in OU. Its 120 Special Attack is outstanding, although its speed ranges around average, making it hard to become a sweeper. Its defenses are pretty high, so almost nothing will be able to K.O it in one hit unless they Swords Dance and then Stone Edge.

Set #1: Paraflinch
@ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace ~ Heightens the effect of Additional Effect appearing.
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpAtk / 24 SpDef
Modest (+Sp. Attack, -Attack) or Calm (+Sp. Def, -Attack)
- Thunder Wave/ Body Slam
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost / Baton Pass

Why Leftovers? You need to recover some health due to the turns it takes to set up!

It’s time to troll, Togekiss style. If you would like to really annoy your opponent then go with ParaFlinch! It is not original at all, but it is the best way to troll and get rage quits.

Thunder Wave: Paralyze your opponent, this is the most important move in the set, which is going to lead you to victory.

Air Slash: Its partner. Thanks to Serene Grace, you now have a 60% rate of flinching your opponent! Thats huge!! And gives you an advantage, not to mention the opponent is still paralyzed so its going to be that much more harder.

Nasty Plot: To heighten your Special Attack even more, boost it +2 Stages and start sweeping!~

Roost: If you would like, you may recover your health while they are paralyzed or your intuition says they are going to switch out.
or

Baton Pass: Pass on your +2 Special Attack Stage to any pokemon you would like~

I believe this is probably one of Togekiss’s most reliable sets. Although it has no coverage over Steel and Rock Types, with Nasty Plot boost you can still do some serious damage to them.

Set #2: I’m only getting STRONGER(:
@ Metronome
Trait: Serene Grace~ ~ Heightens the effect of Additional Effect appearing.
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
Timid (+Speed, -Attack) or Modest (+Sp. Attack, -Speed)
- Nasty Plot
- Echoed Voice
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere / Flamethrower / Water Pulse / Baton Pass

Never thought about it huh. It’s brilliant, effective, and has great coverage for anything that stands in Togekiss’s way! Now you might be asking, what’s or why Metronome.
Metronome heighten’s attacks that are used continuously or repetitive, and the move Echoed Voice increases its own power each time used consecutively. See where i’m going with this(:

Nasty Plot: Your first move. You want to increase your Special Attack 2 stages first, it will give you a great advantage.

Echoed Voice: This move increases the move its used continuously. The move and Metronome are like buddies, they help each other out, so you will basically be sweeping anything in your way.
Air Slash: Just a random move in there. Its great on Togekiss and can basically murder any grass or fighting type in your way.

Aura Sphere: Used for coverage against those Steel and Rock types.

Flamethrower: Strong and coverage against Steels.

Water Pulse: Can cause confusion and many have a weakness.
against Water.

Baton Pass: To pass your +2 Special Attack to a partner.

This set is probably never seen, especially because I kinda came up with it. You basically have great coverage against all your weaknesses, and if you want to you can use Hidden Power Ice / Electric in the last slot too.

Set#3: Cleric
@ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace~ Heightens the effect of Additional Effect appearing.
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Sp Def OR 232 HP / 24 Def / 252 Sp Def
Calm (+Sp. Defense, -Attack) or Bold (+Defense, -Attack) depending if you want it to be more supportive on the Physical or Special Defense.
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Air Slash
- Protect/Encore/Thunder Wave[/size][/center]

Why Leftovers? It recovers your HP, which is the most important stat ever for any Cleric.

Need a healer and tired of Blissy?? Togekiss is your answer. Thanks to its great movepool in breeding and TM’s, it can learn Heal Bell!

Heal Bell: Removes any effects on party pokemon. Don’t be afraid to switch into Togekiss, since its defense will be capable of taking any hit.

Wish: Recovers damage taken in battle.

Air Slash: Your only attack in the set, its great due to its ability to flinch.

Protect: Wish’s co-partner, so you can heal yourself.

Encore: To keep an opponent from setting up, or trap it into a move and then switch out.

Thunder Wave: To paralyze those who keep recovering or having an advantage in speed and great for stalling.

Thanks to leftovers, your HP gives increases +1 (369, 23 points each turn). So you should be set on becoming a great healer and an important figure in your team!

Set #4: Nasty Plot Time
@ Life Orb
Trait: Serene Grace~ Heightens the effect of Additional Effect appearing.
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
Modest (+Sp. Attack, -Attack) or Timid (+Speed, – Attack)
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Psychic / Flamethrower / Hidden Power ice

Why Life Orb? Its a sweeper, so you are going to need more power, even if its going to cost a little bit of health.

Want to sweep but need a pokemon with a huge movepool? Well here it is! Togekiss is an excellent sweeper, and can rape just about anything in its way! Thanks to its move Nasty Plot, obtained through breeding, it can raise its Special Attack +2 Stages.

Nasty Plot: Your 1st move always. Thanks to Life Orb, anyone will cry going against this Special Sweeper! Even Bulks!

Air Slash: Why not flinch them to death?

Aura Sphere: Coverage against Steel and Rock types.

Psychic: Murder those poision and fighting types.

Flamethower: Great choice for a special attack, since many are weak to it.

Hidden Power: Coverage against dragons and other flying types.

Overall, this is a great moveset for Togekiss. Its an advantage in battles when it comes to Special Attacking, and its high Stats only make it that much more to fear unless you are some bulky Blissey.

Set #5: I can be Physical too!
@ Life Orb
Trait: Hustle~ Attack is increased, but lowers accuracy.
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty (+Attack, -Sp. Defense)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Roost/ Flamethrower

Although physical attacking is not Togekiss’s main moveset.. its pretty darn powerful more a normal type, thanks to Hustle, which raises attack and lowers accuracy. This is a mixed set so you get the goods from both sides of the table.

Why Life Orb? Because it will boost your attacks.

Extreme Speed: Your priority move, very important for pokemon that outrun you or when you are about to die, give them a surprise!

Drain Punch: Coverage against rocks, ice, metals and normals and restores HP.

Shadow Ball: Just for fun, when you can’t hit those ghosts.

Roost: Recover some health.

Flamethrower: Against steel types and ice types

Togekiss can be a great mixed attacker here, knowing a variety of moves, you can mix and match almost anything to your will! Thanks for reading my review on Togekiss please leave any comments!!(:

<3 Alaina

Back to top Go down

Togekiss <3 Empty Re: Togekiss <3

Post by Max21 Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:14 am

Haha nice Togekiss Analysis, I am sure that the Smogon C&C can benefit from you pretty well.
Max21
Max21
Higher Member
Higher Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Is this really your custom set?
I've seen set 1,3 and 4 on smogon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content