Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
    Who is online?
    In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
    Latest topics
    » The Missing Constellation
    Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
    Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
    Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
    Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
    Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
    Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
    Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
    Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
    Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
    We have 490 registered users
    The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
    Our awesome Affiliates!
    Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 Nightmare Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 Sb10 Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 21o6g49

Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1

5 posters

Go down

Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 Empty Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1

Post by Evan Thu May 19, 2011 1:42 am

Hey guys :3 I'm here to get your opinion. Haven't tested the team yet, but I have high hopes.

Absol @ Focus Sash
    Bloodlust
    Adamant
    4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
    Sucker Punch
    Psycho Cut
    Megahorn
    Night Slash

Well. Attacking Lead. Pretty simple. I made some small adjustments to the moveset, simply to add some originality and coverage. Megahorn is for other Dark types, mainly because I don't want to carry Superpower. Sucker Punch provides powerful STAB priority. Psycho Cut eliminates Fighting types. Night Slash adds nice STAB.

Victini @ Life Orb
    Malice
    Brave
    176 HP, 252 Attack, 80 Sp. Attack
    Trick Room
    V-Create
    Thunder
    Focus Blast

So, here's my take on a Trick Room Victini. I decided to be original and make it Mixed, considering V-Create will only do so much. In Trick Room, anything will get (pardon my French) truly fucked up by V-Create. Heatran tries to come in? Focus Blast. Jellicent? Thunder. Gyarados, trying to come into for Intimidate? Salamence? Hit by Thunder (like a truck). Victory Star boost the accuracy, so thats not much to worry about it.

Omastar @ Leftovers
    Helix
    Bold
    Shell Armor
    252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Attack
    Spikes
    Toxic Spikes
    Scald
    Ice Beam

This is my physically defensive wall. It sets up Spikes and Toxic Spikes (legal, before you say anything, I checked), and it pairs rather well with my other wall, Amoonguss. Scald is good for burning physical Steels (Scizor, Lucario, etc), and Ice Beam is for Grass and Ground types if you need quick damage, but it's really not worth the risk on Grass.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
    Dealer
    Calm
    Regenerator
    252 HP, 56 Defense, 200 Sp. Defense
    Spore
    Venoshock
    Hidden Power Fire
    Giga Drain

Special wall. Pairs VERY well with Omastar. Their resistances allow each other to switch in on the attacks that could kill the other wall. Spore is there for Flying and Steel types that Omastar can't handle, which is very nice, especially when your dealing with something like Scizor that can set up very easily. You can retaliate with HP Fire, Spore, whatever. Its all just pretty generic, it's underrated, and bulky as all hell.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Hypocrite
    Modest
    4 HP, 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
    Calm Mind
    Substitute
    Doom Desire
    Thunderbolt

Jirachi is just kinda something I came up with. If your behind a Substitute, Doom Desire is basically going to wreck anything. 140 Base Power, 210 with STAB? Thats pretty fricken awesome. And if your boosted, it'd be able to wreck just about anything. Theorhetically. Thunderbolt is just there for coverage. I wasn't really sure what to put for the last spot, so it'd be appreciated if anyone had ideas.

And yes, Aizen, I'm being a hypocrite. Ergo, the name.

Porygon Z @ Choice Scarf
    Mac
    Modest
    Adaptability
    4 HP, 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
    Tri Attack
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball

Choice Scarfed for strait up damage. Quick, storng, crazy hard hits. Nuff said.

RMT pl0x?
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1 Empty Re: Evan's 5th Gen RMT #1

Post by Eduardo Thu May 19, 2011 7:16 pm

It looks a goos team, but Iv'e noticed some details that can mess with you. You have 3 weaknesses to ground (Vctini, Omastar and Jirachi), which is really common, and 2 weaknesses to Fighting (Porygon-z, Omastar and Absol), which is popular as hell in Gen 5. Besides, you have one scarfed and V-Create, which lowers half of your stats; that makes switching really necessary and it wilkl be hard if SR is up.
    Eduardo
    Eduardo
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Thu May 19, 2011 7:46 pm

I agree with Evan about the ground weakness. The common Choiced Chomp will be a monster for your team, and fake out hitmonlee and mienshao kill most of your pokemon. Hitmonlee can kill victini with a stone edge or equake, and menshao can u-turn out. Metagross is a huge problem for most of your team as well.
    Lynjabear
    Lynjabear
    Dream
    Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Thu May 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Not a bad team you've got here Evan, although there are some errors that stick out like a sore thumb.

Absol: Very cool set, but the only thing that bothers me is the Sash. I understand you need to be able to take a hit and everything, and that Absol's speed is somewhat meh, but with this particular set I feel that either Life Orb or Lum Berry would work better for increasing your attacking power or shaking off a status move used by another lead, respectively. You may have already tried this, but dropping either Night Slash or Sucker Punch for Swords Dance while keeping Focus Sash sounds like it might work to me. Just a thought.

Victini: I love love love love love this set (Trick Room <3), but there are two errors that jump right out at me: Why have a Brave nature? Shouldn't it be changed to Quiet so your special attacks will be higher, while still lowering your speed? Or is it an event Pokemon issue that can't really be fixed? Also, why Attack investment? All of your attacks are special based (yes, V-Create is a special attack). I would recommend maxing out your special attack and dumping the rest into anything else other than speed.

Omastar: Goes well with Trick Room, great set. Don't change a thing.

Amoongus: Again, great set. Not much I can comment on here.

Jirachi: Doom Desire is cool, but takes two turns for it to go into effect, which I dislike. You should mainly be using your subs to get Calm Mind up rather than setting up DD. I suppose it's just a matter of personal preference, but I would probably change DD for either Psychic or Psyshock (so this set isn't walled by Chansey/Blissey). Thunderbolt is actually pretty common on most CMRachi sets, so it can stay. Another interesting option (if you could find a moveslot) is Trick Room. You could shift around the EVs and nature to be beneficial for TR. Most of your Pokemon would benefit from TR, so that's just a little something you could maybe try out.

Porygon-Z: Standard set is standard, so I can't say much. Pretty reliable special attacker.

Final Notes: One thing I notice about this team is that it is very weak physically, and if Absol dies you're pretty much hopeless against Chansey/Blissey (although V-Create probably does a nice chunk.). Another thing I notice is that you have three fighting weaknesses, something that pretty much spells death for you this gen. So what I would do is get rid of Porygon-Z (your other fighting weaknesses have more important roles), and replace it with a powerful physical attacker.

And that's my rate. Hope this helps!

EDIT: I thought V-Create was Special because that's what it was when I checked PO. To my surprise, it is, in fact, physical. This invalidates my rate for Victini, so please pay it no mind.
    buckthefuffalo
    buckthefuffalo
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri May 20, 2011 1:22 am

After changing my team I bit, I went and tested it on PO. I'm currently 9-3. The only reasons I lost though were due to a Shadow Tag Chandelure and a Contrary Serperior. Those were only 2 losses though. One I just quite simply played HORRIBLY. But I need a Dragon resist. Any ideas?
    Current Team:
    Absol
    Victini
    Omastar
    Amoonguss
    Vaporeon
    Salamence

Amoonguss has yet to kill anything relevant. Vaporeon's Wish Passing is AMAZING for Victini. Omastar trolls Salamance, taking +1 EQs, and revenge killing with Ice Beams. Mence has swept 4 times. Victini 4. Absol, if I play it correctly, beats Speed Boost Blaziken (something I ran into), Donphan, Tyranitar, Dragonite, and several other leads. It even took on a Salamence after the Intimidate! All I want is a Dragon Resist, but I can usually outplay the typical Mence and D-Nite anyways.
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Fri May 20, 2011 1:07 pm

It's kinda difficult to have something that resists Dragon types. Steel can do it, but are trolled by Fire Blast or Equake, which most dragons carry.
    Eduardo
    Eduardo
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by nightmareforums Fri May 20, 2011 7:00 pm

You could use a bronzong.
    nightmareforums
    nightmareforums
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri May 20, 2011 10:51 pm

I just don't wanna change my walls :/
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Fri May 20, 2011 11:39 pm

Idk if it will work, but maybe fitting a Metagross with Air Balloon on the team?
    Eduardo
    Eduardo
    Dream
    Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sat May 21, 2011 12:46 am

Hmmm I really like absols, but bisharp has a dragon ressist and still gets sucker punch, though I'm not sure what else it can kill
    Lynjabear
    Lynjabear
    Dream
    Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Sat May 21, 2011 1:19 am

But Absol has Super Luck, and its ridiculous how many crits I get.
    Evan
    Evan
    War Veterans
    War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:07 am

I really wish the omastar here was a Shell Smasher, but I know why it isn't you are going to need him. xD Really good team btw. (: that jirachi is going to be beast, xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down