Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Mix tier lame team. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Mix tier lame team. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Mix tier lame team. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Mix tier lame team. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Mix tier lame team. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Mix tier lame team. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Mix tier lame team. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Mix tier lame team. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Mix tier lame team. EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Mix tier lame team. 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Mix tier lame team. Nightmare Mix tier lame team. Sb10 Mix tier lame team. 21o6g49

Mix tier lame team.

3 posters

Go down

Mix tier lame team. Empty Mix tier lame team.

Post by DarkSubZero Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate - Jolly
4hp, 252 atack, 252 speed
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Waterfall

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Sand Veil - Impish
4sp def, 252 hp, 252 def
-Rapid Spin
-Seismic Toss
-Stealth Rock
-Super Fang

Zangoose @ Life Orb
Immunity - Jolly
4hp, 252 attack, 252 speed
-Body Slam
-Fire Punch
-Close Combat
-Swords Dance

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Pressure - Sassy
200hp, 52 attack, 52 sp attack, 200 sp def
-Pain Split
-Sucker Punch
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Sneak

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Overgrow - Bold
4hp, 252 def, 252 sp def
-Giga Drain
-Protect
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace - Modest
128hp, 200 def, 52 sp attack, 128 speed
-Wish
-Water Pulse
-Calm Mind
-Psychic

Tell me what you think about it, thanks.

DarkSubZero
Higher Member
Higher Member

Back to top Go down

Mix tier lame team. Empty Re: Mix tier lame team

Post by Lynjabear Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:51 pm

First of all, I would like to commend you for your creativity. Many of the sets are made by solely you, and not ripped off of smogon. I do have some comments and suggestions.

1. Gyara lead - I personally do not believe that gyarados belongs in the lead spot. To me, this looks like the smogon DDance sweeper gyara. Gyarados can't do much against opposing bulky leads, such as swampert, and while you DDance, they can roar you out or switch on the taunt. This set actually fares reaonably against slower leads, but loses to all suicide leads, and is 0hko'd by Aerodactyl on the first turn. The EVs anad nature are not bulky enough to be feasible with leftovers in teh lead position. Gyara also has no priority.

2. Sandslash - I like this set a lot, Wall slash : ) .

3. Zangoose - Zangoose, to me, is an underrated pokemon. This is a smogon set, so I can't really comment on it. I like zangooses, and they weren't BL in Emerald for nothing.

4.Spiritomb - This set is useful with its support, but why sassy? You don't use Sp.A anyways, so I don't see the reason to kill speed, it might be better to run careful. None of the moves are special, so the special EVs can be dropped and added to either hp or attack. "The Attack EVs ensures Mismagius and Rotom are OHKOed by either of Spiritomb's Dark-type attacks, while still remaining fairly bulky. Drifblim and Froslass are also capable of being KOed, although neither is a guaranteed OHKO." <= to ensure the key Kos from smogon, it might be best to have 184 attack EVs, and the rest split into hp and the defenses. 208 Hp makes for a lefties magic number (I think..), and the remaining can be split whatever way you want. What I find odd is the lack of defensive EVs. Considering this team is valid only in OU and in mixed tournies, physical attacks are sure to come your way.

5. Venusaur - For this, I recommend using sludge bomb instead of giga drain. Even though you lose the healing, it won't heal much, and sludge bomb helps against grass types that are immune to leech seed. Also, the EVs should be Maxed in Hp, as then, half the EVs are auto-used every time venusaur gets attacked, not just half. Because this is in OU, the remainder should probably be more focused on the physical side.

6. Jirachi - I can see that this jirachi is probably made to be a wishpasser. Because of this, water pulse should definitely go. The reason its probably here is because of the confusion rate, but the probability of it happening is a mere 40% with serene grace. Either thunder wave, a certain way to slow the opponent down and make it easier to pass wish, and U-turn can be used as well. Why calm mind? This hasn't the speed or sweeping power to pull it off, and this can be substituted with U-turn or a paraflinch move.

Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Mix tier lame team. Empty Re: Mix tier lame team.

Post by DarkSubZero Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks i like to think of my own pokemon movesets because its more interesting and i found it better because they dont know your movepool and they cant prefict that good Wink

What i think:

1. Gyarados is a very good lead due to intimidate he cuts the attack of the other lead so he doesnt need evs in def and due to its high speed he can outspeed most set up leads like u said a swampert cant reach 280 speed and my Gyarados has that speed so i only taunt and start DD until taunt if off or he switches because most Swampert leads have eq,roar,sr,ice beam and eq cant hit me and taunt mess up his other 2 moves so he can only hit me with ice beam and that wont do too much damage due to my ivs so he does need to switch or just attack me with that and i can live it.

2. Thanks bro Smile its very very cool Very Happy

3. Really its smogon set? i didnt know lol i might change him a little instead of fire punch i might get shadow claw i teached him fire punch to get more type coverage but i think its cooler with shadow claw because some people predict the CC and switch to a ghost type so with shadow claw i can get rid of those ghost types with ease.

4. Yea i messed him up XD i thout i would use sp attack moves but in the end i didnt so im gonna change it to careful and put the 52 evs in sp attack to attack so i hit harder and be able to OHKO Gengar and most ghost types so thanks i didnt realized about that Smile

5. I put him giga drain because in 5th gen giga drain power is 75+ stab and recover but in 4th gen i have energy ball its a full staller venusaur and its very hard to get rid of him ask some guys from here and they will tell you about him its VERY hard to take him also almost all players on 4th gen doesnt have a grass pokemon on their team and thats an advantage to me because i can use leech seed very ease in 5th gen is different because almost all people use nattorei in their team because ive heard hes an awesome staller.

6. I thout of jirachi because no other OU pokemon with good stats came up to my mind and i made him kind of a sp atacker because i have no spec attacker on my team thats why i put him those moves and also most people think jirachi uses the t-wave and flinching move so they switch to the physical wall to take the hit or to a ground type so the t-wave misses thats why y have water pulse tho it can confuse the others and to get rid of ground pokes and psychic because its a stab move and i can calm mind very easy and as i have good defenses and hp i can take physical not very efective moves very well he has 370 hp and 280 def that makes him bulky, but one guy told me my team loses to arcanine (to fire) so im thinking about taking out Jirachi and adding Vaporeon to my team to take the fire hits and he does have wish and he has also the spec attack move that is surf.

Please tell me all you think about this team, i made it because one friend told me to use some OU pokes and i got the idea of doing a mix team to change things a little.

DarkSubZero
Higher Member
Higher Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nightmareforums Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:38 am

I like the team. But... as most of your pokemon are underated.. they would be outlcassed in Standard play no?
nightmareforums
nightmareforums
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Mix tier lame team. Empty Re: Mix tier lame team

Post by Lynjabear Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:19 pm

1.Okay, I admit that gyarados can function as a lead. But the most common lead is azlef, the choice scarf jirachi, which this does not like.

3. Actually, this is really good, but how about using return, frustration, or double edge for more power? If parahax is more needed, I don't think zangoose has the defenses to use body slam.

5. I see what you mean. I hardly see any grass types outside of the rare shaymin and celebi, and maybe t spikes roserade. Giga drain might be useful against swampert and the draining effect will help on blissey. How about toxic or substitute? Those are useful.

6. For the last slot, I even suggest charge beam or yawn jolteon. The reason for this is because of its special attack sweeper potential and because it works well with gyarados. It can switch in on an electric attack and charge beam or yawn the opponent, and then attack with its powerful moves.

If you want the bulky stats, shaymin is another way to go. Even though you say the team is fire weak, shaymin has earth power and seed flare for blissey.

Heatran is a nice arcanine counter and a good pokemon, but personally, I hate it, and you are not fire weak. You have 2 weaknesses and 2 ressist.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down