Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series Nightmare Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series Sb10 Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series 21o6g49

Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series

3 posters

Go down

Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series Empty Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series

Post by Anubis Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Hello guys!

Long time, no see....i know, i know. I am deeply sorry for that (for people who even remember me lol). Anyway, i have some exciting Pokemon news to share with you. News that you may or may not have heard. Regardless, i will post it here for the friendly Nightmare community to see.

Here is the Information that may concern excellent pokemon battlers such as YOU:

The Pokemon Video Game Championships have now added Wi-Fi Tournaments to their list of official, large-scale tournaments, with the introduction of the Global Battle Union tournaments to the series. These online tournaments have been done before, but they haven't given out coveted Championship Points before, which are required in order for players to earn invitations to the Pokemon World Championships in Vancouver, BC. This new series of GBU tournaments changes that by giving out Championship Points for top finishers.

The first tournament in this series is the 2012 VGCS Winter Battle, which takes place online from December 13th through December 17th. Registration takes place starting today at 4:00pm PST and ends Thursday, December 13th, at 3:59pm, right before the tournament itself takes place. This tournament requires participants to have a copy of Pokemon Black 2 or Pokemon White 2 as well as an account on the Pokemon Global Link that is tied to their game cards, although keep in mind that registration is first come, first serve. Players with a low rate of disconnects during the tournament will receive a Custap Berry, which is a rare berry that, when held, allows a Pokemon to strike first after consuming the berry when its HP is low.

Here is a list of all of the upcoming tournaments in the North American 2013 Video Game Championship Series:

Wi-Fi Event: 2012 VGCS Winter Battle (December 13th-17th, 2012)
Live Event: 2013 Pokemon Winter Regional Championships, North America (January 20th, 2013)
Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokemon International Challenge January (January 24th-28th, 2013)
Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokemon International Challenge March (March 21st-25th, 2013)
Live Event: 2013 Pokemon Spring Regional Championships, North America (April 14th, 2013)
Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokemon International Challenge April (April 18th-21st, 2013)
Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokemon International Challenge June (June 20th-24th, 2013)
Live Event: 2013 Pokemon U.S. National Championships, Indianapolis, Indiana (July 5th-7th, 2013)
Live Event: 2013 Pokemon World Championships, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (August 9th-11th, 2013)

Here is the official pokemon.com press release:

BELLEVUE, WASH.-December 5, 2012-The Pokémon Company International announced today it is adding Global Battle Union (GBU) Wi-Fi tournaments to its North American 2013 Video Game Championship Series season, making it easier than ever for video game players to step down the road to the Pokémon World Championships. Beginning with the 2012 VGCS Winter Battle, taking place December 13th through December 17th, top finishers of the Wi-Fi tournament will earn byes at live tournaments, including January’s Pokémon Winter Regional Championships. Top participants will also receive Championship Points, bringing them one step closer to potentially earning invitations to the 2013 Pokémon World Championships in Vancouver, British Columbia.

The 2012 VGCS Winter Battle is the first time results from a GBU Wi-Fi Competition will count in a North American Pokémon Video Game Championships Series season, adding to an already exciting year that kicked off with the Autumn Regional Championships this October. Players can register for the event between Wednesday, December 5th at 4:00 p.m. PST and Thursday, December 13th at 3:59 p.m. PST at pokemon.com/pgl with gameplay beginning December 13th at 4:00 p.m. PST. Adding to the fun, players who maintain a low disconnect rate in the 2012 VGCS Winter Battle will be awarded a Custap Berry. The powerful Custap Berry gives the Pokémon holding it a better chance to strike first the turn after its HP gets low.

“Incorporating Wi-Fi tournaments into the North American Play! Pokémon Video Game Championships Series provides opportunities for players to battle more often,” said J.C. Smith, director of Consumer Marketing for The Pokémon Company International. “The upcoming GBU Wi-Fi Competitions are an easy way to battle competitively and take a step down the road to the Pokémon World Championships.”

The 2012 VGCS Winter Battle is one of five GBU tournaments scheduled for the Video Game Championship Series season, joining live events taking place throughout North America. Numerous casual GBU tournaments will be announced soon. Upcoming GBU Wi-Fi and live Video Game Championship Series tournaments include:

Wi-Fi Event: 2012 VGCS Winter Battle (December 13th-17th, 2012)
Live Event: 2013 Pokémon Winter Regional Championships, North America (January 20th, 2013)
Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokémon International Challenge January (January 24th-28th, 2013)
Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokémon International Challenge March (March 21st-25th, 2013)
Live Event: 2013 Pokémon Spring Regional Championships, North America (April 14th, 2013)
Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokémon International Challenge April (April 18th-21st, 2013)
Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokémon International Challenge June (June 20th-24th, 2013)
Live Event: 2013 Pokémon U.S. National Championships, Indianapolis, Indiana (July 5th-7th, 2013)
The 2012 VGCS Winter Battle runs Thursday, December 13th at 4:00 p.m. PST through Monday, December 17th at 3:59 p.m. PST (Start and end times listed in UTC-time on the Pokémon Global Link website). Players wishing to compete need a copy of the Pokémon Black 2 or Pokémon White 2 video game, a Pokémon Trainer Club account, a Nintendo DS or Nintendo 3DS system, and broadband Internet access. Registration and battles will take place in the Global Battle Union (www.pokemon.com/pgl).

For more information about the 2013 Video Game Championship Series season, including rules, regulations, and registration details, please visit pokemon.com/play. To create a Pokémon Trainer Club account, please visit www.pokemon.com/us/account/signup.

Be sure to Like the official Pokémon Facebook page at facebook.com/pokemon and follow Pokémon on Twitter at twitter.com/pokemon for the latest Pokémon news and fun!

I hope you guys sign-up as I am planning too as well!

Anubis

P.S.: If you are a fan of the Pokemon Anime, don't forget to watch the Pokemon Movie 15: Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice!
Anubis
Anubis
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series Empty Re: Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series

Post by buckthefuffalo Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:50 pm

This is really amazing, and I'm glad they're doing this. The only problem is the entry limit. I realize the necessity for it, but it's a shame that some players might miss out on champ points simply for missing the cut. Then again, we don't really have an exact number of how many participants there can be.

I won't be doing it due to not playing the VGC, but this is a really big step for competitive play. Good luck to you, Anubis, and I'm glad to see you again.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series Empty Re: Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Video Game Championship Series

Post by Zai Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Both of those pages say not found btw

Zai
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down