Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Logical Birthday EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Logical Birthday EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Logical Birthday EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Logical Birthday EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Logical Birthday EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Logical Birthday EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Logical Birthday EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Logical Birthday EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Logical Birthday EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Logical Birthday 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Logical Birthday Nightmare Logical Birthday Sb10 Logical Birthday 21o6g49

Logical Birthday

+3
Aaron
buckthefuffalo
L
7 posters

Go down

Logical Birthday Empty Logical Birthday

Post by L Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Cartoon Networks birthday apparently lasts over a month long....

Aside from how long they are milking the birthday thing, I'm seeing a lot of old shows now on Cartoon Network, good shit. What are yalls opinions?
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Logical Birthday Empty Re: Logical Birthday

Post by buckthefuffalo Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Large corporations or networks will usually celebrate such hallmarks for longer than a day. Sometimes it's the entire year.

I don't watch CN enough to really have much thought on it, but I guess showing the older programs, even if only temporary, is good for the people who don't have Boomerang.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Ew boomerang....
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Boomerang is laaaaaaaame. "It's all coming back to you!" Really?

And don't call it "CN". That's for people who have watched it in the recent 5 years. Fuck "CN". Cartoon Network is where it's at. And that retarded logo that says "CN" needs to be burned. The domino thing that ACTUALLY SPELLED "C-A-FUCKING-R-T-O-O-N N-E-T-W-O-R-K" was much better. Additionally, "CN REAL" can go FUCK itself, since CARTOON Network should be showing CARTOONS and not retarded live action stuff with autistic children pumped up on Ritelin. Okay? And "Har-Har Tharsdays" and those Down's Syndrome shows like "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack" and "The Amazing World of Gumball"... I don't even know where to start. Maybe the producers should kill themselves first. Or maybe their homes should be burned and their bank accounts cleaned out, because the only time I'd be entertained by those shit-faced animations are when I'm actually shit-faced, which is never. Also, all the GOOD shows like Teen Titans, Ed Edd n' Eddy, and things of that sort should be brought back. But of course, since someone is going to see how much we can milk the Ben 10 series (the original was alright, by the way), we can't have that. And speaking of milking, I'd be ABSOLUTELY fine if we could quit it with the shitty Pokemon filler shows. The original was excellent, most of the first movies were good, and all the way up to the Ruby and Sapphire series was good. Then it started going downhill. With Dawn and those RETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDED Pokemon contests. Okay, Nintendo, it was fun in the games to collect the ribbons, but on TV? Really? How boring can you be? And THEN, let's make about 15 MORE series (such as Master Quest) that have nothing to do with the actual plot, instead focusing on things that nobody cares about. Great idea, "CN". Let's do that. And expect huge supporters to stay with you. How about this. FUCK you.

I'm not bitter.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:33 pm

I'm not reading all that lol.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Korasi wrote:Boomerang is laaaaaaaame. "It's all coming back to you!" Really?

And don't call it "CN". That's for people who have watched it in the recent 5 years. Fuck "CN". Cartoon Network is where it's at. And that retarded logo that says "CN" needs to be burned. The domino thing that ACTUALLY SPELLED "C-A-FUCKING-R-T-O-O-N N-E-T-W-O-R-K" was much better. Additionally, "CN REAL" can go FUCK itself, since CARTOON Network should be showing CARTOONS and not retarded live action stuff with autistic children pumped up on Ritelin. Okay? And "Har-Har Tharsdays" and those Down's Syndrome shows like "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack" and "The Amazing World of Gumball"... I don't even know where to start. Maybe the producers should kill themselves first. Or maybe their homes should be burned and their bank accounts cleaned out, because the only time I'd be entertained by those shit-faced animations are when I'm actually shit-faced, which is never. Also, all the GOOD shows like Teen Titans, Ed Edd n' Eddy, and things of that sort should be brought back. But of course, since someone is going to see how much we can milk the Ben 10 series (the original was alright, by the way), we can't have that. And speaking of milking, I'd be ABSOLUTELY fine if we could quit it with the shitty Pokemon filler shows. The original was excellent, most of the first movies were good, and all the way up to the Ruby and Sapphire series was good. Then it started going downhill. With Dawn and those RETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDED Pokemon contests. Okay, Nintendo, it was fun in the games to collect the ribbons, but on TV? Really? How boring can you be? And THEN, let's make about 15 MORE series (such as Master Quest) that have nothing to do with the actual plot, instead focusing on things that nobody cares about. Great idea, "CN". Let's do that. And expect huge supporters to stay with you. How about this. FUCK you.

I'm not bitter.

saying this right now. contests in the show were more entertaining than actually doing contests.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm not bitter.

Quite an opinion. Don't have to word it so harshly.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:30 pm

I'm not bitter.

Are you retarded?
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:54 pm

I'm not bitter.

Sounds to me like you're pretty much blinded by nostalgia. Flapjack was good, and a lot of the lead staff went on to make their own stuff, namely Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Gravity Falls, all of which aren't really bad. Another fairly recent cartoon that was good that comes to mind is Chowder. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends received acclaim too. CN is an abbreviation because I didn't feel like typing out the full name. No need to be so upset because I shortened some sort of sacred name.

Also, go back and watch the first few seasons of Pokemon. I dare you. There was still a shit-ton of filler. Moreover, CN did not nor has ever had control over the plot of the Pokemon anime. They simply adopted it to its schedule of programming. Blaming CN for it is both uneducated and presents an air of blind hatred, and that only makes people take the post less seriously.

And regardless of the catchphrase (which makes sense), if Boomerang shows the old cartoons you miss, then there really shouldn't be a problem. That's why Boomerang is there.

Additionally, extra points for seriously using autistic in an argument. Let me break down some other shows from years ago that you probably cherish in the same way:

Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy was autistic kids trying to get a quarter so they could get a jawbreaker at a candy shop. Ed probably has Down's Syndrome by your definition.

Foster's Home had an autistic character named Cheese and was created by what was probably an autistic kid, since he was eight years old and most kids that age don't have imaginary friends.

Dexter's Lab was about a kid with autism who had advanced abilities in science. He wore a lab uniform everywhere, and was incredibly socially inept, like kids with autism.

Powerpuff Girls had several episodes of people who probably had autism, like the episode where that kid ate paste and got bullied and whatnot. There was also the episode with the Powerpuff Girl collectors. You know the one. The creator also made Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Teen Titans featured plot on levels that only people with Down's Syndrome would appreciate with retarded romantic subplots. Or, wait, maybe it was just meant for kids (hint hint)?

Cartoons on Cartoon Network have always been definable (by your terms at least) as "autistic". They're meant for kids. Kids are hyper and lack a lot of social skills.

Take off your nostalgia goggles.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:21 pm

I thought Foster's Home was okay, because it had moderately loveable characters. Namely, Bloo and Mac. I hated Cheese. Just.... no.

Dexter, from Dexter's Laboratory, is a child. And when I say child, I mean... let's put it this way. In an episode, I don't recall which, it shows him being born, being in a crib (approximately 3-4 months from how he looked) and crawling out, putting on a lab coat and glasses, and building his own laboratory inside/under his bedroom.

Powerpuff Girls was my obsession until I was about 5. Buttercup was badass. However, while it is nostalgic, it was slightly retarded.

The Teen Titans romantic subplots were retarded, but of course, when you're 8-9 and find that Nickelodeon's "Tak and the Power of Juju" insults your intelligence, you learn to cope.

Ed, Edd, & Eddy was a different kind of retarded. It was something that you could sit down with your family and watch and, as a 7 year old, laugh with your parents because we all know people like that.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:40 pm

Korasi wrote:Maybe the producers should kill themselves first. Or maybe their homes should be burned and their bank accounts cleaned out, because the only time I'd be entertained by those shit-faced animations are when I'm actually shit-faced, which is never.

Uuhhh

Korasi wrote:I'm not bitter.

Oh my, you almost got me!
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:44 pm

Awakening wrote:
Korasi wrote:Maybe the producers should kill themselves first. Or maybe their homes should be burned and their bank accounts cleaned out, because the only time I'd be entertained by those shit-faced animations are when I'm actually shit-faced, which is never.

Uuhhh

Rofl.
Your humour is almost as dry as the mouths of the producers that work for "CN".
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Korasi every show you just named are all wonderful. You are a terrible person.

Good day.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:25 am

Korasi wrote:
Awakening wrote:

Uuhhh

Rofl.

Is there ANYTHING you don't get obscenely butmad over?
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:52 pm

Korasi wrote:
Awakening wrote:

Uuhhh

Rofl.

Being an insufferable faggot, while forcing opinions on others in an extremely vicious manner.

and awakes humor is dry
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:35 pm

Ahaha.

@ Safiliwen

I'm not "butmad". I'm simply stating that his very... well, dry humour had me laughing. It was one of those things that I just found funny. Like when you and I used to play League and you would fight an Annie and be like "Tibbuhs!". I found that funny for some reason.

@ Evan

You're probably just having a bad day. I'll let you work this one out on your own.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:46 pm

and awakes humor is dry[/quote]0

dry humor is best humor.

my quote disregards you all
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:02 pm

I see what you did there. But back on topic, Disneyland's 50th Anniversary took place over a period of 2 years.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down