Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Nintendo Left It Out EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Nintendo Left It Out EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Nintendo Left It Out EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Nintendo Left It Out EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Nintendo Left It Out EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Nintendo Left It Out EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Nintendo Left It Out EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Nintendo Left It Out EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Nintendo Left It Out EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Nintendo Left It Out 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Nintendo Left It Out Nightmare Nintendo Left It Out Sb10 Nintendo Left It Out 21o6g49

Nintendo Left It Out

Go down

Nintendo Left It Out Empty Nintendo Left It Out

Post by Lynjabear Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Some pokemon, such as Exploud, have an amazing movepool, but not-so-stellar stats that prevent them from reaching top-tier levels. For some pokemon, it's the opposite. They have great stats, good typing, and it's just the moves that are off. They even look as if they could learn the move via level up. It seems as if Nintendo simply left the move out, forgot to include it in the pokemon's movepool.

In this thread, post examples of these "almost" pokemon, held back by missing one move. Please stay true to the nature of this topic and make it seem plausible for the pokemon to learn the move; sheer cold machamp and V create Ho-oh are not what we are looking for!

Here's an example -

Nintendo Left It Out 171

Lanturn. A great pokemon in the lower tiers, known especially for its ability to resist the infamous boltbeam combo. Lanturn is a great team player in UU, resisting five types, and sporting dual electric/water STABs. Lanturn is able to act as a cleric with heal bell, and can act as a defensive pivot with volt switch. The only hole in Lanturn's boat is the lack of recovery outside of rest, which really puts a damper on Lanturn as a competitive pokemon. However, if it had one more move in wish, Lanturn's horizons would expand vastly.

Wishpasser

Maya (Lanturn) (F) @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Wish
- Scald / Ice beam
- Volt switch
- Protect / Heal Bell

Lanturn's titanic 125 HP stat would create massive wishes, thanks to BW's wish mechanics. The magic doesn't end there - Lanturn's slow 67 speed stat is a boon with a slow volt switch, which almost guarantees a safe restoration to your damaged wish recipient. Volt switch is also great for grabbing momentum mid-game, and scald is used as secondary STAB with a handy burn choice, perfect for lanturn's lower defense stat. Ice beam could be used to destroy dragonite and if you use air balloon, wreck landorus. Protect is used in the last slot to scout for moves or allow wish to occur risk-free, but heal bell is listed for additional cleric support.

The ramifications of Lanturn receiving wish are enormous - Lanturn could effectively wall/check all three genies if using air balloon and shut down most rain teams relying on Tornadus and Thundurus for offense.

Have fun writing your own, and remember, keep it realistic! (If Alomamola and Vappy can wish, it looks as if Lanturn could use it)

P.S. Sprites make the topic look much better!
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down