Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded Nightmare Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded Sb10 Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded 21o6g49

Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded

+2
Awakening
Evan
6 posters

Go down

Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded Empty Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded

Post by Evan Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:12 pm

To those who aren't aware, last night, in Aurora, Colorado, the Cinema 16 Theatre was shot up by a single gunman, equipped with tear gas, as well as firearms and a gasmask. As the titles says, 14 are confirmed dead, and 50 are wounded and are being treated in hospitals. Reports say people at the premiere thought the gunshots were a part of the movie, and that the gunman was just a stunt used to hype up the movie. And then, and this is from reports, the gunman shot a baby at point blank range, and all hell broke loose (quick note: who the fuck brings a baby to a midnight premiere?)

So. Something has been bothering me about this.

I keep seeing posts on facebook about how bad this is and what a shame it is that fucked up people would do that to innocent bystanders.

Thats fine.

And then the people act like it's a rare occurance in the scheme of the world.

Are you. Fucking kidding me.

Shit like this happens DAILY in Syria, but ask any non informed person and your immediately undermining the severity of incident and have no heart. And the second you try to bring up any counter argument, you become the one in the wrong, mainly because people don't know whats going on in the world around them.

**Note: To summarize some recent events in Syria, the capital, Demascus, is still under citizen revolt. Rebel's have taken up suicide bombing, and have killed several high government officials with this tactic. The government, which is considered by most (and I mean MOST) to be incredibly corrupt, have been bombing their own citizens and blaming it on other countries and/or terrorist organizations. The area is in a full out civil war, and things relative to the shooting in Aurora happen on a daily basis.

So, in general, this thread is about society and why they're retarded and ignorant to the world around them.

Last edited by Evan on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded Empty Re: Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded

Post by Awakening Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:23 pm

I feel like things that are relevant to one's surroundings are more important.

This exact news was broken in by mom when I woke up in the morning. She starts telling me about the shooting at the movie theater. And the whole time she didn't tell me the "where" so I assumed it was right here in Long Island. When I asked her the "where", and she responded Colorado, I felt relieved. I know I shouldn't want something like that to happen anywhere, but I'm glad it didn't happen nearby.

And the issue about people caring more about their own country (US) compared to Syria is because people feel threatened of such things in their own country. I'm sure that Syrians won't care much about us either. (Unless they do, then my bad!)
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded Empty Re: Dark Knight Rises Premiere in Colorado, 14 dead 50 wounded

Post by Evan Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:35 pm

The Syrian public would like assistance, but the UN has stated that it wouldn't be wise to come in and fight the battle for them, simply because you can't have countries reliant on other countries brute force for aid.

And, not to target you Awake, but why is it acceptable for us, as a people and a nation, to go batshit crazy over 14 people dying in our country, but when hundreds or thousands die in Syria, or Nigeria, or Sudan, we don't care? Because they don't care about us?

I'm assuming that your right with the 'targets closest to home do the most damage'. It does make the most viable sense. It's by far the most reasonable argument I've heard over the past 9 hours. But, like I said. Why is it OK to go crazy over a small number like 14, when we, as a race, die by the thousands each day, because of each other. The USA is no better than the UK, Syria, or any other country in the world. So why is it socially acceptable for us not to care?
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:56 pm

I know that the largest tragedies here happen media wise are when they happen in an uncommon place (Columbine (High School), Virginia Tech (University), and now a movie theater?) The people who died aren't the main focus, I think (Sorry if that sounds rather harsh, they are still important nevertheless), but the bigger focus is that each time something like this happens, the sense of security goes down. If people of the United States can't feel secure in their own country, that's a huge, huge problem. I think that people have these fears internally that now when they walk into a movie theater, they feel just a slight off. And to balance that "selfish feeling", they subconsciously try to empathize with the victims.

The whole incident was a tragedy. But it's the decreasing sense of security aspect that I believe makes things appear much more relevant to people here (barring those directly involved with culprits and victims). I agree that numbers are not important from what you say; whether it'd be the 14 now, or the close to 3000 from the 9/11 attacks.

Please don't think that I'm belittling lives, but I think that in whole, the security aspect turns out to be more important.

Syria, United Kingdom, etc. don't impact on the United State's sense of security, so I have nothing relevant to say on that, sorry.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:07 pm

I was just using them as examples in order to unite the fact that tragedies happen daily, in larger quantities with more brutal intent. But I digress.

Your points are valid, and it's nice to have someone who's not afflicted with hypothetical autism. Thank you, for putting my mind more at ease.

By the way, anyone notice that the second anything else even mildly interesting happens, nobody gives a shit about the whole bath salts thing anymore.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:44 pm

I agree with Awake on this one. For something so unusual (to us at least) to happen in such an unusual place is a huge shock and will lower our sense of security as a nation, even if the killer's intent had absolutely nothing to do with the nation. I think shock and fear in a situation like this is a natural human response. Of course, anytime anyone dies ever there's going to be someone on Facebook who couldn't care less about the victim(s) but is acknowledging the event and "mourning" the death of the victim(s).

Need proof they don't care as much as they say? Wait a week, maybe two. See if anyone is saying anything about it or gives two shits. I bet that number will be few if any. It happens all the time with incidents like these. I could see the government potentially getting involved with this in some way, such as attempting to require theaters to have higher security standards (that might be a long shot though), and if that happens the subject may come up again.

It's exactly like Awake said. To the masses, the people killed isn't the important thing, it's their own injured sense of security now that this has happened. How long that will last is anyone's guess. I've no doubt lots of people are legitimately feeling sorrow for the victims and their families, but I'd be willing to bet it'll be far away from their thoughts in a few days/weeks, simply because you aren't going to be in depression as much/for as long for the death of someone who isn't a loved one.

I'm not saying the deaths and injuries didn't matter though. There were a lot of people hurt and those who lost a loved one are going to be affected for the rest of their lives. The injured survivors have to live with the traumatizing event in their thoughts and may have life complications due to the injuries or mental effects. I don't know how many children were injured and not killed, but I'd imagine it would be especially rough on them, especially if their parent/sibling died as a result of this right in front of them.

Oh, and for the record, I saw the news report saying it was 12 killed and 40 injured. It may have been wrong though. I don't think it would have been outdated since it was just before I wrote this post.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:36 pm

I heard the update on the stats dropped to 12 killed and 30 wounded. Saw the movie as well. It was fucking awesome.

But some bitch behind me said she wasn't going to see the movie because the news was, and I quote, "Too fresh in her mind." I turned around and gave her the 'are you fucking serious' look. She tried to get me kicked out. lulz.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:38 pm

C'mon, Evan. Be reasonable here.

I'm pretty sure that if I had a nickel for every guy who broke in to a midnight premier of a movie in full body armour and holding multiple guns, who shoots almost 100 people and calls himself "The Joker", I'd have.... hmmm...

Let me see.

1 nickel.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:35 am

o no guise

12 people died in urban area

today 8 died because lol domestic terrorist thinking sikhs are muslims

syria's still in civil war.

the day prior to the aurora shootings, 40 marines were killed in iraq.

murica.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:36 am

Evan wrote:o no guise

murica.

You didn't get the memo that Murica only cares about deaths in Murica?
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:45 am

I didn't get the memo that 12 people were relevant in comparison to the 4 billion known on planet Earth, or the amount killed daily because of violence, and nobody cares if it's not on our front doorstep.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:59 am

Evan wrote:I didn't get the memo that 12 people were relevant in comparison to the 4 billion known on planet Earth, or the amount killed daily because of violence, and nobody cares if it's not on our front doorstep.

Yeah. Most of them have a hard time caring when it's in their yard.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:59 am

Evan wrote:I didn't get the memo that 12 people were relevant in comparison to the 4 billion known on planet Earth, or the amount killed daily because of violence, and nobody cares if it's not on our front doorstep.

I didn't get the memo that 3 billion people suddenly died.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:03 am

I knew it was 4 or 7. *shrugs*
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:57 pm

I love it when the newscasters are like "What a tragedy..."; then they smile and say "We'll be back after these messages!"
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Evan wrote:o no guise

murica.

Yup I read about that.

I made the biggest face-palm in the history of face-palms.

Are people really that fucking retarded.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zai Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:39 pm

The Dark Knight Rises .... still a bad ass fucking movie .....

Zai
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Zai wrote:The Dark Knight Rises .... still a bad ass fucking movie .....

I heard it got killer ratings.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:11 pm

I heard it was so good, people fell OFF the edge of their seats!
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:37 pm

It couldn't have been that good. I mean, it didn't even get a standing ovation. And yet, business for the movie is still booming, so I guess I won't jump the gun and say the movie is awful.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Really? I heard it was to die for.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:30 pm

Korasi wrote:Really? I heard it was to die for.

But what if it's terrible? We'd really be dodging a bullet there.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:39 pm

buckthefuffalo wrote:
Korasi wrote:Really? I heard it was to die for.

But what if it's terrible? We'd really be dodging a bullet there.

I'd still be willing to give it a shot.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down