Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) Nightmare Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) Sb10 Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) 21o6g49

Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!)

4 posters

Go down

What do you think of this set?

Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) I_vote_lcap13%Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) I_vote_lcap13%Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) I_vote_lcap74%Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) I_vote_rcap 74% 
[ 6 ]
Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) I_vote_lcap0%Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) Empty Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!)

Post by Max21 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:34 am

Hey guys I have another custom set here. This is pretty much a revamp of an old set which was created specifically for rain which can be found here: http://nightmare.forumotions.net/t765-jirachi-paraflinch-fusion-lol

Anyways, this set uses a move that everyone considers a gimmick at best. I have decided to put it to the test and build a set that will cause soo many ragequits, it will make anyone angrier than a hoe that just got scammed outta her cash (that's pretty angry if you ask me). So here ya go!

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gravity
- Dynamic Punch
- Iron Head
- Body Slam

Gravity is the crux of this set, giving Dynamic Punch 100% 80% accuracy. If you combine all 3 moves along with Jirachi's ridiculous ability, you will form ParaFlinchFusion! With this combo, you can guarantee that your opponent won't be hitting you any time soon. The set is pretty self-explanatory; use Gravity, then use Body Slam for para, then Dynamic Punch for confusion, then chip away with Iron Head flinches! Rinse, lather, repeat! =) EVs are to give good bulk while also maximizing Jirachi's power. Speed EVs aren't needed since opposing Pokemon will usually be paralyzed when facing Jirachi.

Last edited by Max21 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Max21
Max21
Higher Member
Higher Member

Back to top Go down

Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!) Empty Re: Gravity Jirachi (EPIC HAX!!)

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:38 am

This set looks really well. I've used it before in a tournament. It wrecks shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:38 pm

I just can't imagine your opponent giving you enough time to set up Gravity and then get all 3 of the moves off. The concept is fucking great, but at the same time, I just can't see a 252 HP Jirachi living more than a few turns. Rain would be a great help against Tyranitar's and Heatran's Fire Blast. However, both frequently carry a Ground move. Soooooo yeah. That's why Scarf'd Rachi has been the most popular. It can outspeed both (it doesn't do much to Heatran, but Iron Head 2HKOs). Regular Rachi has a speed of like 236 (without EVs or Positive Nature). That means that a Heatran can outspeed it with rather minimal investment. I haven't checked into the effect of Gravity in a long time, but it seems good. Yet, still. It also means that the opponent essentially has No Guard as well, if that actually is part of the effect of Gravity. In all, I'd probably have to say that this set gets a 78%. It's very well thought out. However, it is very ambitious, and your entire team would have to be centered around keeping it alive due to Gravity having to be mainly the entire focus of a team if the team has it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in my eyes, this set wouldn't even be completely viable in fast-paced tournaments, due to its sheer lack of general utility (in its needing all four of its moves to be completely effective).
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Gravity in itself is a boss move trust us on that one Kora =p Also, lower the size of your Sig it's too big, secondly less giant boob shots, you know for the just incase we do have some younger viewers here.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:24 pm

I use jirachi often, and I know that I always have no moves to spare. The Idea of parahax-fusion is great, but ghosts bypass this whole strategy, especially jellicent, which isn't affected by body slam and dpunch, resists iron head, and can burn jirachi back. Dynamic punch would not actually have 100% accuracy. It would have 80% with gravity in effect, and gravity also causes messy things such as fire blast to hit more. Jirachi also doesn't need that much in attack, if it is going to be stalling most of the time. The concept is great, but I'm not sure how well this would do in standard.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Epic, you basically seconded my statement in a nicer way. I got rid of the fanservice, Safi. You know, nothing like a good pair of boobs to get everyone going. Back to the Rachi, I just can't see this thing switching in on a Jellicent or a Chandelure. Especially, as rare as they are, with Flame Body. Both of those Ghosts carry W-o-W a lot of the time. So, even if you don't see them often, you need to prepare a team for every threat.

Last edited by Korasi on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:31 am

did I really? dangit. 0.0 I was in a rush and didn't have any time to read the long post...lol.

Fire punch could also be stuck in somewhere to help against all the steel-types, and wish could be used as well. Substitue and protect could be used with wish and parahax.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:32 pm

LynjaBear wrote:did I really? dangit. 0.0 I was in a rush and didn't have any time to read the long post...lol.

Fire punch could also be stuck in somewhere to help against all the steel-types, and wish could be used as well. Substitue and protect could be used with wish and parahax.

However, Firer Punch only makes his weakness to Jellicent and Chandelure greater. I think that, versus exposing the flaws in this set, we should talk about supporting it. As I said before, Gravity is usually not something that you throw in there just for fun; it is something that you have to build around. My suggestion is to go with something that has good synergy with Jirachi and can also punch holes in the things Jirachi can not. This seems obvious, but we haven't gotten to it yet. What I propose is a Banded Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr isn't hit Super Effective by any of the things that hit Jirachi. And the things that hit Conkeldurr don't hit Jirachi. So we're good on Synergy. Now what we need is coverage. Since we want to make use of that nifty Gravity, we can probably take some risks that we wouldn't normally take. I would make it look like this.

Conkelldur @ Choice Band
You can do your own EVs, I would personally do [188 HP, 252 Attack, 68 Def]
Adamant Nature [ Atk,-Sp. A]
Guts (because they'll want to burn you)
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Force Palm/ Dynamicpunch/ Drain Punch
- Payback

So, we have Mach Punch for quick kills and revenge. It is pretty powerful. I think with a Band it does like 60%-ish on Ferrothorn. Haven't checked on that, don't hold me to it. Stone Edge is for Dragon-Flying and Flying so that you can just kick them over. Can also be used for Fire. The third slot is on preference. Force Palm is gimmicky, but it paralyzes on a 30% chance, so that's kind of nice. Dynamicpunch is really cool, you have it on Rachi, but it still works. Drain Punch is Standard; I personally recommend it, but hey, your choice. And Payback is for the afforementioned Ghosts.
So as you can see, this isn't a very Standard Conkeldurr. It's focused around hitting the things that Jirachi doesn't. Also, people like to Burn Jirachis. I'm sure you know why, but it still happens. Conkeldurr can be used to sponge the Burn. And since Ghosts are the ones that like to Burn most of the time, you can force them out (or kill them, their funeral) and hit the switch in. Again, this set is pretty gimmicky, and in the case that Gravity runs out, I would again use Drain Punch. And if you're feeling extra paranoid, go ahead and switch Stone Edge for Rock Slide.
This team BEGS for support, so you would want to throw a Ferrothorn or a Forretress in to support these two. On request, I'll actually build a team for this Jirachi, if not for any other reason than simply because it interests me.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Max21 Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:31 am

Korasi wrote:I just can't imagine your opponent giving you enough time to set up Gravity and then get all 3 of the moves off. The concept is fucking great, but at the same time, I just can't see a 252 HP Jirachi living more than a few turns. Rain would be a great help against Tyranitar's and Heatran's Fire Blast. However, both frequently carry a Ground move. Soooooo yeah. That's why Scarf'd Rachi has been the most popular. It can outspeed both (it doesn't do much to Heatran, but Iron Head 2HKOs). Regular Rachi has a speed of like 236 (without EVs or Positive Nature). That means that a Heatran can outspeed it with rather minimal investment. I haven't checked into the effect of Gravity in a long time, but it seems good. Yet, still. It also means that the opponent essentially has No Guard as well, if that actually is part of the effect of Gravity. In all, I'd probably have to say that this set gets a 78%. It's very well thought out. However, it is very ambitious, and your entire team would have to be centered around keeping it alive due to Gravity having to be mainly the entire focus of a team if the team has it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in my eyes, this set wouldn't even be completely viable in fast-paced tournaments, due to its sheer lack of general utility (in its needing all four of its moves to be completely effective).
Yeah I personally wouldn't trust this set in a huge tourney battle or what not. I admit it takes a bit much to set up since it mostly relies on hax, mostly the parahax. With team support, it wrecks havoc. You just need to get rid of its counters just like what many sets need. However, I promise you that if you manage to get parahax on the incoming Pokemon with Body Slam, the set can be easily set up. I will tweak the EVs to outspeed max speed timid heatran, the EVs will probably be taken out from its attack.
Max21
Max21
Higher Member
Higher Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Max21 Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:35 am

LynjaBear wrote:I use jirachi often, and I know that I always have no moves to spare. The Idea of parahax-fusion is great, but ghosts bypass this whole strategy, especially jellicent, which isn't affected by body slam and dpunch, resists iron head, and can burn jirachi back. Dynamic punch would not actually have 100% accuracy. It would have 80% with gravity in effect, and gravity also causes messy things such as fire blast to hit more. Jirachi also doesn't need that much in attack, if it is going to be stalling most of the time. The concept is great, but I'm not sure how well this would do in standard.
True, Jirachi's attacking role can be handled with stronger powerhouses. Like I said, if you can get rid of its counters, it will cause havoc. Honestly, I would not trust this set in big battles. But it can piss off a lot of people for sure and if it gets the right team support.
Max21
Max21
Higher Member
Higher Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Next time for referance, put the 2 posts together and multi quote so it doesn't turn into a double post :3
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:28 pm

LolSafiface =3

Double posting. Trollolol.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down